X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Revan
    started a topic Enchanting objects

Enchanting objects

Awakening diablerie mexico have an example ( the only that i found) of enchanting an object with a thaumaturgy ritual. It's in the puissant shield ritual.
    So I ask you, there is any rules about imbuing objects with magic? Have you done it in your game?
    I mean, besides the rituals that already affects objects, like burning blade, except if made permanent/work different as described.

• Warlock
    replied
    Where is the Blood Crystal ritual? It doesn't sound like something I've come across. Nevermind, did a quick search and found it in Rites of the Blood under New Age rituals.
    Last edited by Warlock; 03-14-2015, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rat_bastard
    replied
    Just a partial list

Created items:
    Chime of Unseen Spirits - creates a chime that rings when unseen presences are near (Thaumaturgy level 1)
    Sigil of Authority - Basically brands a badge of authority on a vampires flesh, possibly aiding social rolls (Thaumaturgy level 1)
    Magically stored blood - Preserve Blood Ritual (Thaumaturgy level 1, most likely any school)
    Blood Beer - Typhon's Brew Ritual (Beer vampires can drink, one gallon is one blood point to a vampire or four to a ghoul, does not carry the blood bond, setite thaumaturgy 1)
    Blood Mead - Vitae you get kinda drunk off of, carries the blood bond (Thaumaturgy level 2)
    Blood Crystal - Better Version of Princaple focus of vitae infusion (Thaumaturgy level 2)
    Blade of Smoke and Shadow - Makes a blade that can harm demons (Thaumaturgy level 2, Assamite sorcery)
    Burning Blade - Enchants a weapon to deal agg, temporary (thaumaturgy level 2)
    Craft Bloodstone - creates a tracking device (thaumaturgy level 2)
    Principal Focus of Vitae Infusion - stores a point of your blood in a penny sized object. (thaumaturgy level 2)
    Preserve - prevents natural decay of a natural object. (thaumaturgy level 2)
    Inscription - creates a scroll ritual that anyone who can read it can cast it (thaumaturgy level 3)
    Amulet of Mnemosyne - creates a item that stores one of your memories (thaumaturgy level 3)
    Burning Shaft - turns ammunition into flaming agg dealing quarrels (thaumaturgy level 3)
    Shaft of Belated Quiescence - Enchants a stake so the tip breaks off and seeks the heart. (thaumaturgy level 3)
    Splinter Servant - Turns a stake into a humaniod stake creature that tries to stake nearby people (thaumaturgy level 4)
    Burning Blade of Mars - Like Burning Blade, but forever (thaumaturgy level 5)
    Enchant Talisman - Creates a signature talisman, very powerful but also a hell of a vulnerability. (thaumaturgy level 5)
    Verdant Blade, The - enchants a metal weapon so it can stake vampires (thaumaturgy level 5)

Path of Spirit Manipulation **** enchants an item so that it adds dice to skill pools, can only have one per dot of willpower.

Bear in mind that many thaumaturgical rituals require or can use a extremely familiar object as a conduit to effect you, and anything you used supernatural powers to create is by definition a extremely familiar object.

Leave a comment:

• Cadmiumcadamium
    replied
    I believe that the Burning Blade Ritual had a few variations in Players Guide to Low Clans (for DA: V) one of which was a permanent version at lvl 5.

Leave a comment:

• Daredevil
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord Revan View Post
    So I ask you, there is any rules about imbuing objects with magic? Have you done it in your game?
    So far, it seems to be one specific Ritual for each object.

There is also the old "Enchant Talisman" (Level 5) Ritual. It's been greatly enhanced in the new Vampire: Dark Ages 20 book (pg406). I'd give it a look. As a matter of fact, DA20 has a lot of impressive improvements in regaurds to extending spell effects on location (Heavens with designated "Heaven Rituals") and targets ("Gargoyle" Rituals).

Originally posted by Lord Revan View Post
    I mean, besides the rituals that already affects objects, like burning blade, except if made permanent/work different as described.
    Check out Vires Acquirit Eundo (Level 5 Ritual) from Blood Magic: Secrets of Thaumaturgy. It exteneds the potency and/or time of a Ritual, dicided by the ST. You could use it to make enchantments to objects permanent if your ST likes the idea, or use it as a basses for a Ritual that does so.

Leave a comment:

• rat_bastard
    replied
    There are a decent amount of thaumaturgy and necromancy rituals, a potence power that allows you to forge nigh invulnerable metal objects, and a quietus/fortitude power that allows you to harden any object to preternatural hardness.

Anarchs Unbound introduced thaumaturgically enhanced AOL cd-roms.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Revan
    replied
    Which of those books have new rituals, besides rites of the blood?

Leave a comment:

• Prophet
    replied
    I'd suggest DriveThru RPG. Just write V20 in the search and you'l get them all I think. You have Rites of Blood, Dust to Dust (adventure continuing from Ashes to Ashes in Gary) and one or two more I think.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Revan
    replied
    Thanks for the answers. How does the spirit thaum 4 works? There isn't a lot of explanation in it's description.
    I was thinking about a talisman with aport object.
    Well, I believe that a lot of rituals don't have a v20 version...
    Oh, and can you tell me which v20 books are there? I only know v20 and rites of blood

Leave a comment:

• Cadmiumcadamium
    replied
    I would say that you can create Talismans at level 5 with specific ritual effects (if you know said ritual yourself). There is also a ritual that puts a trigger on effects (meaning you can do a ritual but delay the effect until a specific event happens or after a specific time). Also you can use Spirit Thaumaturgy 4 to create a fetish with the desired effect (if you can find a suitable spirit that is).
    Btw, does anyone know why Puissant Shield never made it to a Revised/V20 Supplement?

Leave a comment:

• Telgar
    replied
    Nope, no rules. That kinda object is a Plot Device, as are the powers that create it. Unless you bring over Mummy or Mage... maybe Demon? They have powers for magical items.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X