Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cities by Night

As topic.
    Your preferred "by night" stage? Any idea for new By Night books?

I think the By Night books (as the Necropolis, the Rage on whatever and the like) are a wonderful tool for Storytellers. They give you a clean-cut city, that you can modify and add some flavour as for your personal taste.
    And, I don't think a By Night would really be metaplot-effectual. Let alone Chicago or New York, a lot of cities got their books (or, at least, part of a book) without affecting the WoD overall metaplot.
    Denver, New Orleans, Milwaukee and a lot of others.
    They are stages, opera-houses where you can weave your chronicles and move your character (well, the players move their characters, but that's the idea).
    I'd really like to view a new By Night, even as part of a chronicle book (like Denver).

====================================
    "Worst English-language User" 2011-2015, 2017 running for the 2018

Montreal by Night, but I'm biased toward it because of the included Sabbat material .

"Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them."

Comment

Did a Sabbat San Antonio by Night...damned Tremere had Gargoyles! Before I got sick, I was working on an Austin By Night where the Prince had an agreement with a local Werewolf pack...similar to New Orleans By Night. Several computers later, I no longer have my basis and the government in Austin has change its format, fucking everything up. Perry is a ghoul anyway...

Bipolar vampire...can't decide to feast for fun or for rage...

Comment

Chicago by Night holds a special, dear place in my unbeating immortal heart as that was my introduction to Vampire way back when in the early 90s. I still use the setting in a lot of games I run.

What would I like to see? Las Vegas by Night. Gambling, drugs, prostitution, corruption in government, an understaffed police force...the city has it all. And with the "suburb" of Henderson, we've got 2 million people living in the valley. This city is ripe for the picking...

Comment

i always liked hong kong as the only true crossover city by night

Rule number 1
          Assume players are bastards, bastard coated bastards with bastard filling until proven otherwise.
          Rule number 2
          I don't care about the theme of personal horror.

Comment

I can see Giovanni running Vegas...and Coyotes in the desert...

Bipolar vampire...can't decide to feast for fun or for rage...

Comment

The Giovanni are major players as I recall Vegas has been featured as a Mage supplement with the Luxor being a major Chantry.
              Last edited by lncbill; 11-08-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

IIRC the de facto "rulers" of Las Vegas are the Rothstiens who are a minor family of the Giovanni. The Camarilla has a Prince there but his influence is nothing compared to the Rothstiens.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

What I like is Chicago, of course, it's a real mine for story-hooks

What I'd like are a Vienna/Paris/London/Berlin/Rome By Night
                  (I know, some of these, already exists, but aren't in English OR are not canon OR are not Masquerade :< )

====================================
                  "Worst English-language User" 2011-2015, 2017 running for the 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
                    IIRC the de facto "rulers" of Las Vegas are the Rothstiens who are a minor family of the Giovanni. The Camarilla has a Prince there but his influence is nothing compared to the Rothstiens.
                    The entire short fiction piece from the "Players Guide to the Sabbat" (IIRC goes into this. It's pretty awesome.)

"Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them."

Comment

I would kill for a San Diego By Night.

The Anarchs ruled the city (as they did most of California) but the Baron of San Diego sold out to the Camarilla for protection. The city is now full of Anarchs who are feel betrayed by their leader and faces near-constant assault from Sabbat coming up from Mexico. It's a vibrant city, the setting is full of contact, it would allow great upward mobility for neonate characters (the highlight of New York By Night, which was the best By Night book, in my opinion), and it's my hometown!

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scarecrow71;n5310
                        What would I like to see? Las Vegas by Night. Gambling, drugs, prostitution, corruption in government, an understaffed police force...the city has it all. And with the "suburb" of Henderson, we've got 2 million people living in the valley. This city is ripe for the picking...[/QUOTE]

I've been developing Vegas as the setting for a future chronicle, the glamourus immage of Vegas contrasting with the grity reaily of the city seemed perfect for classic WoD. I altered it to be more Camarilla heavy, the Giovanni abandoning the town after the spirit realm went kablooie. The Camarilla of course thinks they drove out the necromancers, but now they have to deal with Anarcs invading from California and Sabbat from Mexico.

Comment

Of the written books, I find Chicago by Night (assuming we are including 1e and 2e) the best written of them. It has some problems, sure, but the characters are really excellent, there are great snippets of various areas, a good many nonstereotypical nonwhite characters, and just in general inspiring

As for where I want to see, Vienna, Prague, London and Zadar most. I'd love to work on any of those, though a native would probably be better suited. ^_^

Onyx Path Moderator
                          Forum Rules
                          This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                          [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

My favorite one is NY, it was a very interesting unique city, not sabbat nor anarch but not truly camarilla, a city where you felt you could make a change even as a neonate (maybe even make your way up without being a hundred years old)

Also L.A. another city that felt very unique

Comment

Love Montreal By Night, great background and good work with the interaction between packs and each member of them. Really funny for play in a Sabbat city. In Mexico City By Night you miss that. And I would like to see Madrid By Night... would be great! European old Sabbats sure "live" a different rhythm. Detroit By Night or Philadelphia By Night could be interesting also.
                              Like The Ventrue Chronicle that presents Savannah or historys likes Denver or Gary are good to see. Small cities around big areas sure hide very good histories...

Comment

Working...
                              X