Alternatives to Diablerie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to Diablerie?

What other ways are there to lower a Vampire's Generation, other then Diablerie?

The Assamites have a ritual, but it's not been detailed that I know of. I believe the suggestions hinted at hundred of Blood Points from Vampire of lower Generation than your current one.

I'm not sure if you are asking for other ways to do so in cannon or more like fan created ideas?

Comment

The rules are in the players guide (at least 2 ed.). The Assamite collects blood for their services. It must be from a vampire (not an Assamite) that is equal or lower generation than the Assamite. The ritual requires 200 blood points ( the Assamite must give 10% to their sire of what they collect, so they really need 220 pts.) and the rituals are performed every five years at Alamut.

Reboot

Comment

Achieve Golconda.

Comment

There have been two published scenarios in which vitae from a Methuselah (Giovanni Chronicles III) or an Antediluvian (Fountain of Bright Crimson) are present for the players' coterie to acquire at the end of the story. Drinking that blood lowers the Gen of the imbiber by one.

I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

The Malkavian Madness Network

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
            I'm not sure if you are asking for other ways to do so in cannon or more like fan created ideas?
            I'll gladly accept both.

Comment

Achieving vampire enlightenment basically does the same thing, also I saw a game where an Antediluvian touched one of its great great great etc grandchilder and thickened its blood by a generation, but thats not something official.

Comment

There are quite a few ancient relics out there to be discovered, including a cup of Caine's blood if I recall correctly. I can't remember if it's specified what will happen if you find it, but if an Antedeluvian's blood can thicken yours by a generation, then I don't think it's out of bounds to say that drinking Caine's would thicken yours by two.

Comment

If you find Caine's vitae, sell it to the Tremere. What's the worst that could happen?

Malkavian Madness Forum - Your pbp fix. Be it nWoD, cWoD, CoC, D&D or something else entirely, come over here and get your game on

Comment

Originally posted by InfernalGoose View Post
                    If you find Caine's vitae, sell it to the Tremere. What's the worst that could happen?
                    Besides giving a hermetic bond that is connected to all vampires to the biggest bastards in the jyhad?

Comment

Originally posted by rat_bastard View Post

Besides giving a hermetic bond that is connected to all vampires to the biggest bastards in the jyhad?

or waking up Caine!!

Comment

The Assamites have a ritual, but it's not been detailed that I know of.
                        It's called From Marduk's Throat and the system to it can be found at the very least in Blood Magic: Secret's of Thaumaturgy, though I have a itching feeling it could be found in Sin's of the Blood as well.

Simply put it goes something like this: each Vitae contributed makes up 1/4 of an Alchemical Vitae and you need to drink enough of the Alchemical Vitae to equal the generation to be's maximum Bloodpool. To be honest I do not remember if the Ritual had any demands on the strength of the Vitae used to create the Alchemical Vitae but I do have a feeling that it did not matter.

EDIT:
                        Had to check my facts. Sin's of the Blood has a mention of the Ritual, p.102, but only guides you to Blood Magic: Secret's of Thaumaturgy p.126 for the system of it. The system itself is more fluff than mechanics unfortunately but according to it there actually is no requirement of Kindred Vitae at all, or at least one is not mentioned, but it does take 8 hours per casting and creates the aforementioned 1/4 of a point per casting and it does mention that it has several exotic ingredients, including herbs and gold amongst other things so I would think it may be somewhat expensive ritual to cast not to mention the difficulties in procuring the materials but in the end these are all dependent on the ST especially since it only gives examples of what materials are needed not all the materials needed. And like mentioned by other people before me it is a level 6 Ritual so not just every Sorcerer has knowledge of it. All in all it has a feeling of a storytelling tool that is wholly meant to be story dependent so that if the story is about collecting enough Alchemical Vitae to raise up your generation you can do so and if not then your out of luck.
                        Last edited by Possessed; 01-17-2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David G View Post
                          The rules are in the players guide (at least 2 ed.). The Assamite collects blood for their services. It must be from a vampire (not an Assamite) that is equal or lower generation than the Assamite. The ritual requires 200 blood points ( the Assamite must give 10% to their sire of what they collect, so they really need 220 pts.) and the rituals are performed every five years at Alamut.
                          Obsolete like hell, but if anyone cares, the pre-KotE Bushi line of japanese vampires (from Dark Alliance Vancouver) seemed to describe a ritual similar to the Assamite one. In retrospect, i would say their fluff about raise of status/rank and generation might be seen as some sort of rough concept of what would later evolve into some of the dharma systems.

Comment

Speaking of outdated, in Berlin by Night, Nefertiti, a 4th generation Follower of Set embraced several African cobras as part of an experiment. That's right, 5th generation cobra vampires, real snakes, not Setites transformed into snakes.

Would diablerizing them be wrong? No human souls involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post
                              Speaking of outdated, in Berlin by Night, Nefertiti, a 4th generation Follower of Set embraced several African cobras as part of an experiment. That's right, 5th generation cobra vampires, real snakes, not Setites transformed into snakes.

Would diablerizing them be wrong? No human souls involved.
                              Oh damn, i remember that adventure, gods, i do remember that. Let's say the adventure had very peculiar but far from pratical ideas about stretching the rules and leave it at that.

In fact you just pointed out one of the reasons i simply made them into creepy ghoul snakes - no diablerie, no burning or drowsiness under sunlight or daytime hours. Truth be told, animal ghouls that took (almost) human form, were addicted to kindred vitae and preyed on them for it had much creepier results with my PCs.

Comment

Working...
                              X