Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dominate and Generation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kael03 View Post
    (...) Arikel is even rumored to be posing as a servant.
    Where is the written ?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
      Considering how few things you actually spend WP on, the WP economy isn't 'wrecked' you just have to weigh risk vs. reward, like all things in this system.
      How few? I call balderdash sir
      You have less and need to spend to reroll for success/or prevent bestial failure/or succeed less so you don't messy crit.

      Kael03 Metagamers gonna Metagame.

      I did have a pretty weak blood character who an elder thought was thicker than him for a while because of a failed roll against me, thanks to Iron will or the like (15+ years ago)
      It was an interesting thing to pop up.

      Comment


      • #18
        But messy crits are a large part of the fun. Can’t imagine spending points to avoid one.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Black Flag View Post
          But messy crits are a large part of the fun. Can’t imagine spending points to avoid one.
          Personally I don't like them, but there would be sensitive situations where it's not advisable.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Illithid View Post
            Personally I don't like them, but there would be sensitive situations where it's not advisable.
            In seriousness, I can indeed see it as an edge case thing, where in this particular situation you don’t want any unforeseen consequences. In that case spending willpower to keep the hangry Beast in check seems appropriate.

            Comment


            • #21
              So I reran this elder vs Noob scenario and they could get wiped without some protection.
              A friend of mine told me about presence powers doing the same thing. They all widdled them down till he couldn’t resist anymore. Awe, dread gaze, and entrancement can be bad if the attacker gets lucky on a Hail Mary tactic. High risk high reward. But it could be epic.

              This leads me to ask. How can a Prince ensure he doesn’t get swayed? I ponder if maybe a Justicar or inner circle member uses lvl 4 conditioning and the lvl 6 loyalty dominate disciplines. That’s a +5 difficulty increase plus a willpower drain to all further dominate attackers. Would that be logical?
              Last edited by Pnizzle; 01-02-2019, 08:45 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Pnizzle View Post
                This leads me to ask. How can a Prince ensure he doesn’t get swayed? I ponder if maybe a Justicar or inner circle member uses lvl 4 conditioning and the lvl 6 loyalty dominate disciplines. That’s a +5 difficulty increase plus a willpower drain to all further dominate attackers. Would that be logical?
                Willpower is also the damage you take if you lose.
                And a Prince has the most damage to dish out socially!

                But the way a Prince avoids it,
                It starts with having a Seneshal do most of the talking to the plebs, filtering who gets to see the Prince, so the prince is now limited on the amount of social attacks they can face.
                The Prince could only accept one person at a time, could attack back to drain their resolve. They could also order a sherrif/seneshal/keeper or Harpy to deal with the person, or just leave so there's no opportunity to be attacked.....
                Pnizzle - No level 6s in V5 any more.

                Comment

                Working...
                X