Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a translated Vienna by Night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy a translated Vienna by Night?

What it says on the tin. (And inspired by this post.)

Would you purchase a translated Feder & Schwert's Vienna by Night?

Would crowdfunding work better, or pre-orders?

EDIT:
    I love the picture on page on page 4 of the preview doc.

You know it's bad if Etrius & Goratrix are working together.
    Last edited by Daredevil; 05-04-2015, 04:15 PM.

I would for sure. But then, I own just about every By Night book.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Yes, same for me. I must have alll of the By Night series, ALL OF THEM!

And I think crowdfunding would work fine for it. A translation and print job (with no new artwork or anything) would require a very modest goal, and I am sure that could be reached.
      Last edited by Volesus; 05-04-2015, 05:58 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

I would buy at least the pdf of the translated book. Also Frankfurt by Night, Aachen by Night and that changeling supplement they did.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Just throwing my voice in agreement as well. I would love to see translated versions of all of the books that weren't printed in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
            I would buy at least the pdf of the translated book. Also Frankfurt by Night, Aachen by Night and that changeling supplement they did.

They don't even seem to offer Frankfurt in the original German in pdf yet.

Comment

Wasn't there a Paris by Night in french or was that a fan supplement?

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

There's a France of Tenebres (France of Darkness), a general supplement about France for Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Wraith and Changeling, published by Ludis editorial. The Paris by Night is another suplement but it wasn't published by Ludis.

http://kobold.free.fr/kobold/fanz2/img/tenebr.jpg

These supplements were translated to spanish too, by fans.

Comment

Just to echo what I said in response to the post linked above, yes, I would be happy to pay for an English version of Vienna... That said, I can't say how MUCH I'd be willing to pay. :\

B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

Comment

Good thing I'm german :P

That said, personally I'm not too interested in Vienna by Night (haven't read it yet), since the setting is bound to be too dominated by the tremere. So it's probably great for an all Tremere chronicle, but otherwise I think it is of somewhat limited use. Are there even non Tremere chars in there?

Comment

I would definitely buy it! I bought the German pdf, but my German is so rusty I haven't managed to make much sense out of it. I'd love to read the writeup of Valerianus (4th gen Ventrue, childe of Tinia, supposedly dead by 1230 AD according to DAE, but apparently faked his death somehow). I guess I need to hand type the bio into Google Translate some time soon...

/ Ho Dracon

Comment

I splurged $12 on a pdf whose language I can only read half-mangled through online translators, and considered it a worthy purchase. I'd happily spend that much again on a version in fully intelligible English.

The By Nights are like Pokemon for me. Gotta catch 'em all!

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
                          What it says on the tin. (And inspired by this post.)

Would you purchase a translated Feder & Schwert's Vienna by Night?

Would crowdfunding work better, or pre-orders?
                          I think you miss the most important question: Will CCP allow you to publish a translated "Wiener Blut"? The answer is most probably "No way in hell!" Even official licensees (like Ulisses Spiele for the German edition of V20) have strict guidelines to follow. Very strict guidelines. Not to mention the licence fee CCP demands. So the very thought of getting the permission to publish a selfmade translation of an old WoD sourcebook is quite honestly next to absurd.
                          I have translated "Ghouls" into German, a friend of mine did the layout, and at a Games Fair I had the opportunity to talk to a very nice person of Ulisses Spiele. I asked him if there was a way to legally give the final product to German fans, albeit for free. No crowdfunding, no pre-orders, no money involved. I just wanted to give the fans the opportunity to benefit from something I just for fun put a lot of work in. He explicitely discouraged me to even try! I won't repeat what he told me as some of his comments seemed... off the records. But he left no doubt that it borders on insanity to try something like that.

Growing old is mandatory
                          Growing up is optional

Comment

Please allow me to clarify.

I have zero interest in publishing my own translation.

I want to give my money to CCP and Feder & Schwert for the translated book.

I am asking if others would do the same.

This Post's intent is to generate interest in what would be a profitable and fun business venture for all involved.

Would you be interested in this theoretical purchase, Donovan Rivers?

Comment

Oh yeah, i most certainly would.

Comment

Working...
                              X