Things you'd like to see in the metaplot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you'd like to see in the metaplot

- The assamite schismatics get the seat in the camarilla that the gangrel left.
    -Tzimisce antitribu begin to happen... sort of. A few doctors embraced decided they didn't want to be monsters. But they're not powerful enough to be independent. The numbers are very, very small, and their use of viscissitude restricted to changing someone's face if showing that face risks the masquerade.
    - The harbringers of skulls begin embracing, not more harbringers, but genuine capadocians.
    - City gangrel start becoming more common outside the sabbat.
    - The lasombra antitribu grow in number and strength. Their presence within the camarilla becomes widely known. This does not make the other clans of the camarilla happy. Least of all the ventrue.
    - The niktuku step up their game in eradicating the nosferatu.
    - The tremere start taking some hard hits. The assamites erode their monopoly on magical services, Sabbat attacks on chantries are on the rise. the ventrue are all too happy to see the tremere decline.With this increased pressure, more young tremere are tempted by the lures of the infernal. Disturbing rumors of lone salubri annihilating entire chantries begin to surface once more. With the tremere decrease in power, more cainites see the camarilla as a viable option.
    - Baali infiltrations grow more numerous into all sects
    - The ravnos are dangerously embracing more and more to replenish their numbers in the west. most don't unlive long. They risk the masquerade, aren't responsible sires and cause too many deaths.
    -The madness network gets stronger. Why? Only the malkavians know. But it worries everyone. Actual madness and mental disorders among the human population increases.
    -The publication on a work regarding the 15th generation's ability to create children causes a great stir. Some see it as a form of salvation. Others hire more scourges.

-The true black hand is completely dissolved.
    - A new sect arrises, with the notion that technology is advancing too fast. The masquerade can't last forever. The only hope for vampires to survive on discovery is to appear to have been a benevolent guiding hand behind human advancement. Obviously, they haven't, and this is the world of darkness. This ship isn't going to sail on anything but a rough sea. This new sect seeks to agressively destroy histories, stall technological progress,Involve ghouls more than they should, hunt 'problematic' vampires, and is largely led by weak neonates with terrible ideas on democracy and nobody can decide on the best way to go about this undertaking. Furthermore this sect undermines and draws people from the camarilla/anarchs, The sabbat are getting smaller and smaller enemies.
    - As africa modernizes, and south america... south americanises. New sects begin to form in these dark continents (or maybe some kind of high-low clan divide. I dunno. Stop ignoring them.)

- Turns out, the daughters of cacophony bloodline came from... caitiff.
    - A few regular brujah start learning temporis.
    - The gargoyles continue to increase in number.

The lupines get more competent leadership. It comes far too late, but it comes none the less. In-city lupine attacks are on the rise. They start making the occasional play for business.
    The fallen and even the earthbound increase in numbers, providing more competition for vampire dominance.
    The spiritual difference between asia and the rest of the world is gone. Kui jin start popping up all over the world. The cathayan stranglehold over Asia has lessened, but the kindred now must deal with the spontaneous rise of a new demon-vampire who begins unlife in something like wassail. Something they're not equipped to deal with.

What'ya think?

Originally posted by Innocent Flower View Post
    - The assamite schismatics get the seat in the camarilla that the gangrel left.
    -Tzimisce antitribu begin to happen... sort of. A few doctors embraced decided they didn't want to be monsters. But they're not powerful enough to be independent. The numbers are very, very small, and their use of viscissitude restricted to changing someone's face if showing that face risks the masquerade.
    - The harbringers of skulls begin embracing, not more harbringers, but genuine capadocians.
    - The lasombra antitribu grow in number and strength. Their presence within the camarilla becomes widely known. This does not make the other clans of the camarilla happy. Least of all the ventrue.
    - The niktuku step up their game in eradicating the nosferatu.
    - The tremere start taking some hard hits. The assamites erode their monopoly on magical services, Sabbat attacks on chantries are on the rise. the ventrue are all too happy to see the tremere decline.With this increased pressure, more young tremere are tempted by the lures of the infernal. Disturbing rumors of lone salubri annihilating entire chantries begin to surface once more. With the tremere decrease in power, more cainites see the camarilla as a viable option.
    - The ravnos are dangerously embracing more and more to replenish their numbers in the west. most don't unlive long. They risk the masquerade, aren't responsible sires and cause too many deaths.
    -The madness network gets stronger. Why? Only the malkavians know. But it worries everyone. Actual madness and mental disorders among the human population increases.
    -The publication on a work regarding the 15th generation's ability to create children causes a great stir. Some see it as a form of salvation. Others hire more scourges.

-The true black hand is completely dissolved.
    - A new sect arrises, with the notion that technology is advancing too fast. The masquerade can't last forever. The only hope for vampires to survive on discovery is to appear to have been a benevolent guiding hand behind human advancement. Obviously, they haven't, and this is the world of darkness. This ship isn't going to sail on anything but a rough sea. This new sect seeks to agressively destroy histories, stall technological progress,Involve ghouls more than they should, hunt 'problematic' vampires, and is largely led by weak neonates with terrible ideas on democracy and nobody can decide on the best way to go about this undertaking. Furthermore this sect undermines and draws people from the camarilla/anarchs, The sabbat are getting smaller and smaller enemies.
    - As africa modernizes, and south america... south americanises. New sects begin to form in these dark continents (or maybe some kind of high-low clan divide. I dunno. Stop ignoring them.)

- The gargoyles continue to increase in number.

The lupines get more competent leadership. It comes far too late, but it comes none the less. In-city lupine attacks are on the rise. They start making the occasional play for business.
    The fallen and even the earthbound increase in numbers, providing more competition for vampire dominance.
    The spiritual difference between asia and the rest of the world is gone. Kui jin start popping up all over the world. The cathayan stranglehold over Asia has lessened, but the kindred now must deal with the spontaneous rise of a new demon-vampire who begins unlife in something like wassail. Something they're not equipped to deal with.

What'ya think?
    I think the risks are too great in some cases. Many of them would cause some homogenization i would not like to see around, even if many of them are fair enough.
    Last edited by Felipe Moulim; 09-04-2015, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Looks pretty solid to me! The only change I would say is not having regular Brujah get Temporis. I don't want those name-stealing rabble having the glorious powers of the one True Lineage!

Comment

Mithras/Monty Coven usurps control of the British Sabbat and lays seige to London.
        Last edited by Baron John; 09-04-2015, 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Sounds good to me but I think the daughters should come from the Ventrue, they share 2 of 3 disciplines and the Ventrue are a always left out of the bloodline. It would put a great dent in their prestige.

Comment

wait... if Niktutu come outside there is no chance for any nosfe tu resist -.-'

Comment

How about a twist? The Niktuku rebel against their antideluvian and begin embracing higher generations...

...relations with the Nosferatu are... well, to say strained is to put far too mile a term on it... in fact, they could supplant the Nosferatu in the Sabbat.

Comment

The below is based on the canon metaplot.

Actually, the Harbingers of Skulls and the Samedi already are just that. The Harbingers are a group that managed to break out of the death trap of the Feat of Folly by entering the spirit world, but got stuck there and time worked differently. When they finally managed to escape, they where changed even more into corpses, and every Childer they Embraced bore the same amplified curse, becoming the Samedi Bloodline.

The origins of the Daughters can actually be found in the Victorian Age Books, 99% it's the Companion, but might be the main book, and you are not too far off, but you might really like it instead.

Turns out the "True Brujah" are not actually related to the Brujah at all, and while Celerity and Temporis are clearly related, there is already a bit of lore about some Brujah spontaneously developing Temporis.

These are just my opinion:

Honestly, I've never really seen the need for the City Gangrel outside of a minor localized Bloodline. I'd honestly much rather have it be a social and philosophical difference rather than the City Gangrel be a different Bloodline. The Sabbat already shares Disciplines and has the Pander that could both be used much to the same effect.

I really don't care for this idea. The only way that it makes much sense for the Baali to evens still exist is for them to be incredibly rare and well hidden small groups. They generally do not work together outside of the basic Sire/Childer unit, (not unlike the Sith, really), and they really kind of encroach a great deal on the Followers of Set's design space. As the "universal monster that all other Cainites would set aside their differences to eradicate", they are really best served as being very rare, unknown horrors and boogymen, not common antagonists. The Baali also tend to make exceptionally poor infiltrators. Not many people jump or avert their eyes anytime they see a Bible, religious necklace, or a church.

A few things I'd love to see.

1.) Groups like the Daughters of Cacophony, the Ahrimanes, and any other "all girls club" (or more rarely "all boys club"), either meat horrible, horrible ends, or start opening up their ranks. Unless they have some sort of really, really good reason, this sort of thing really has no reason to exist if it's perfectly reasonable that one of them, at some point might have Embraced a Male (or female) out of the norm, and it spread. Might be uncommon, but it should be possible.

2.) For the Daughters of Cacophony in particular, I'd actually love for the storyline of why they started randomly killing off their own male members to be explored, and preferably take a turn to reverse it later on.

3.) I'd like to see the Salubri/Tzimisce fight for ownership of Tremere's body continue, sort of making it like a creature with multiple personalities continuing to struggle and undermining each other's plots. Tremere himself is shit out of luck. Sorry. Welcome to the 4th Generation and your new Bloodline. Oh, by the way, a lot of Assamites want into the Camarilla now, and wait a second, they have their own Blood Magic. . . Hum, that does seem to leave your whole Cla, uh, sorry Bloodline in a odd perdicament. If I where you, I'd start upping my game. A lot.

4.) The fallout of the Gangrel leaving the Camarilla. It never sat well with me that this just seemed to be glossed over, even if it was in character a lot of the time, it came off, to me, as ignoring and failing to see just how important the majority of a Clan, particularly a Clan that's been strong protectors and security for the Camarilla was, and makes the reader wonder "why bother, clearly they where never important anyway." Different sources do seem to imply different amounts of Gangrel that left, so that doesn't help, (but does allow individual groups to say as they need), but the only ones that do actually seem to suffer any downside are the Gangrel that do not leave, which is rather odd.
                Last edited by Beckett; 09-05-2015, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Not long after V:tM Revised came out, when they said that the Daughters of Cacophony purged all of their male members, in inspired me to write a backstory for the DoC that I still use as a part of my own personal canon. I can't find it, I might have left it on an old computer. I'll sum it up though.

The Daughters of Cacophony were created long ago by a Venture Methuselah, who I will refer to only as Cacophonus. Cacophonus loved feminine beauty and voices and he could only feed from women with great singing ability. In time he embraced many of the most artful of his herd, group of female vampires to serve and sing for him. With time, as Cacophonus and his childer became more politically active, they embraced childer of their own, using the same standards that their master would desire - women with amazing singing ability. Cacophonus bestowed the Disciplines of Presence and Fortitude to his childer, but instead of developing Dominate, they gained a Discipline based on singing and using their voices.

Eventually Cacophonus went into Torpor and through the vampiric generations, the Daughters of Cacophony took on a life of their own, embracing mortals based on their own desires rather than the plans of Cacophonus, mortals who displayed a love of music and singing, including men. Many of the ancients of the Bloodline were inactive or torporous as well, allowing the central authority of the Bloodline to fade away.

Recently, in the modern era, Cacophonus awoke from his long torpor and called to his childer to attend to him. He gave the command for the males of the Bloodline be slain and for the rest of the Bloodline to be brought under his authority.

Comment

That's not too terribly off from the Victorian Age lore.

But as to killing off all the males, I suspect it might have been some sort of retaliation against the "Sons of Discord" fan idea that became popular enough that some people thought it was official way back in the day.

As to the reasoning behind the killing, there is one small issue. In Nights of Prophecy, we have the last (known) male member of the Bloodline that's a cross dresser. He is presented as not knowing what happened and is living in fear of his secret being discovered. I guess you could say though, that the call only went out to the females, so he never knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Beckett View Post
                      That's not too terribly off from the Victorian Age lore.

But as to killing off all the males, I suspect it might have been some sort of retaliation against the "Sons of Discord" fan idea that became popular enough that some people thought it was official way back in the day.

As to the reasoning behind the killing, there is one small issue. In Nights of Prophecy, we have the last (known) male member of the Bloodline that's a cross dresser. He is presented as not knowing what happened and is living in fear of his secret being discovered. I guess you could say though, that the call only went out to the females, so he never knew?
                      It seems to me that unless there is some pressing reason, that men should be freely admitted. It's not like there haven't been plenty of male singers through out the ages. It would be hard to have a mono-gender Bloodline unless the Bloodline was strictly controlled. I came up with my explantation to create that pressing reason, along with a reason for the purge, and to make it something different from the "girl power" trope that seems to be the justification for the other all female bloodlines.

You think that the designers purged the males because they were irritated that the fans came up with a counter idea?

Comment

I really can't think of any other good reason. There certainly isn't one presented in the metaplot that I'm aware of, but there is also a certain level of sexism/girl-power involved too, with one book describing it as "castrating the Bloodline" and the VtM Player's Guide (page 212) saying:

"And remember all of the male members have been killed of, so don't even think about playing a "Son of Discord" (where did that name come from anyway). If you are a guy and want to play a Daughter of Cacophony, have the graces to play a female character. You might learn something."

Seriously, WTF was that all about? Yes, they actually published that.

The VtM Storytellers Companion also points out that the Bloodline of just females then became more powerful after "culling" all of the males, (including children) of the Bloodline, and all the women just nod and smile. That's some pretty sexist shit.

So, it could kind of go either way, but probably involves both to a degree. But the misandry is pretty evident.
                        Last edited by Beckett; 09-05-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty bizarre, sexist, and angry. I don't see why Sons of Discord would piss anybody off that much, especially when there are at least two other girl power Bloodlines. Hearing that makes me like my explanation even more.

Comment

Well truth be told I do not know who created the Daughters, or who wrote those specific parts, and like I said, its specilation only.

Comment

I don't understand why every gameline needed a "girls only" group. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for female empowerment. But it seems like more of a flat and unimaginative gimmick. Especially since they kept reusing it. "This is a group made up of strong, independent women, because it's impossible to play a strong independent woman in any of the other organizations. Even though that has never been hinted at in any of the books".

And you just know that telling gamers that they can't have a male member of a bloodline will just make them want to play a male even more. RPG players are practically hardwired to play against type, especially if it's forbidden. They see it as a challenge. It's why there were/are a million character sheets for the last of the White Howlers, and entire homebrew settings that keep the Capadocians around to modern day.

No one makes a stink about the Lamia bloodline (you know, other than it not being in the modern nights), and that's because they stated in the books that there totally were men in it. Non-members of the Lilith cult, too. The bloodline is cool with that; they just don't get far in the group's hierarchy.

Then there's that line, "If you are a guy and want to play a Daughter of Cacophony, have the graces to play a female character. You might learn something." It's so condescending. Like male players simply refuse to play female characters, and need to be forced to, all so they can understand the other sex's perspective. This is of course nonsense - male players play female characters all the time...and vice versa. Admittedly, perhaps not with as much maturity as they could in many cases, but others genuinely relish the opportunity for roleplaying someone other than themselves.

This is why V20 was such a good book. It made it so you could play whatever you wanted with minimal restrictions.

Comment

Working...
                              X