Merit and Flaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merit and Flaw

Can someone take Abomination as a merit and Ferie Presence as a Flaw? this can be done?

Sure, but Abomination is a crappy Merit. The social difficulties would stack normally, making non-hostile interaction almost impossible.

I'm a professor! Why is no one listening to me?!

Comment

What book is abomination in?
      I don't know that one off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Telgar View Post
        Sure, but Abomination is a crappy Merit. The social difficulties would stack normally, making non-hostile interaction almost impossible.
        Abomination became a merit? Or is it simply a merit similarly named to the vampire-garou mashups? Curious now.

Comment

Abomination is a Merit, but it doesn't involve being an "Abomination". Someone's Thesaurus was just on the fritz that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Abomination became a merit? Or is it simply a merit similarly named to the vampire-garou mashups? Curious now.
            It makes already deformed vampires extra scary - WP 1 to 3 mortals scream and faint after shitting themselves in your presence, WP 4 to 7 mortals are freaked out and take penalties and WP 8+ mortals are unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by CoL View Post

It makes already deformed vampires extra scary - WP 1 to 3 mortals scream and faint after shitting themselves in your presence, WP 4 to 7 mortals are freaked out and take penalties and WP 8+ mortals are unaffected.
              So it's pratically an upgraded version of the flaw Monstrous mixed in with a Delirium-esque effect. Interesting.

Comment

Yeah, except the Delirium makes them forget you, or at least rationalize you. It's helpful. Abomination just makes them freak out, which makes them more likely to remember and more likely to call in authorities. It's not helpful in any way, since you can't turn the effect off, ever.

Comment

And you have to have some sort of deformity because of a clan weakness or other flaw to buy it, so I think it's essentially restricted to Nosferatu and Cappadocians unless you offset the merit cost with an additional flaw

Comment

Cappadocians aren't actually monstrous, but Harbingers and Samedi are.

Comment

are we talking about werewolves that have been turned into vampires? because I never saw anything about this anywhere ( i haven't read any V20 or W20 matieral I'm only going off of revised materials from the storytellers handbooks)

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDee View Post
                        are we talking about werewolves that have been turned into vampires? because I never saw anything about this anywhere ( i haven't read any V20 or W20 matieral I'm only going off of revised materials from the storytellers handbooks)
                        Nope, the flaw Abomination. It makes you really inhumanly ugly.....

Comment

it's come from Player's guide to Low Clans

Comment

EDIT: Redacted. FOund it under the Merits.
                            Last edited by BenjCano; 01-30-2016, 02:34 PM.

I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

The Malkavian Madness Network

Comment

Because it's a Merit

Comment

Working...
                              X