Building a Nest egg of Stored Blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Nest egg of Stored Blood

So its a simple thaumaturgy Ritual to preserve blood and Vitae, level one. So how much blood do you think a Vampire could get if say they have a Neonate or a Ghoul working at a meat processing Plant and preserves the Blood using ritual magic, and that level one rite can preserve indefinitely, an indefinite amount of blood and or Vitae. So in my opinion they could even make a stronger version of the ritual for mass blood preservation, considering what they can do with just a simple level one ritual.

It really seems like something to consider, as its a good way to get lots of blood, and if they want they can even have one vampire whose job is to drink the blood and turn it into Vitae and store it for year, and they can then secretly kill the vampire and boom worry free Vitae!

I always felt Animal Blood works good as something akin to Vitamins or vegetables, Vampires don't like it and can force it down if they have too, but Human blood or vitae are what they make meals out of.

Vampire Blood is the finest wine.

Human Blood is cheap store-bought imitation.

Animal Blood is that stuff your uncle made which he didn't completely filter, so there's still bits of fermented fruit and yeast clumps in it.

Sure, all 3 are alcohol and will get you drunk, but you know you would pick the 1st two.

As for storing blood, the best use I can think of is storing blood in downtimes to consume at the start of evenings of sessions so as to blood pump the three Physical Attributes to your maximums.

Comment

The only level 1 ritual that preserves blood is Sanguineous Phial. It takes 2 nights of preparation and only enchants a single clay container. Sure, you could use it on an Amphora, but it's only good until the container is opened. Once opened, the container can't be re-sealed, so it's only super handy for small amounts. No one is filling a septic tank with blood and chugging it in one go. Which means that the amount stored is hugely limited unless you want to have a basement full of clay jugs of blood for someone to find.

But, honestly? You can buy animal blood. It's used in a ton of traditional recipes. It's icky by American standards, but it's not illegal or immoral or even crazy weird. There's no reason to build a giant blood stockpile in your basement. That's weird and going to raise comment.

I'm a professor! Why is no one listening to me?!

Comment

But if you live in a world with humans who hunt Vampires, the person who buys animal blood once every 2 months is going to tip a clever and well-connected hunter off.

Comment

Vampire hunters must get a lot of false flags for European chefs, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Telgar View Post
            The only level 1 ritual that preserves blood is Sanguineous Phial. It takes 2 nights of preparation and only enchants a single clay container. Sure, you could use it on an Amphora, but it's only good until the container is opened. Once opened, the container can't be re-sealed, so it's only super handy for small amounts. No one is filling a septic tank with blood and chugging it in one go. Which means that the amount stored is hugely limited unless you want to have a basement full of clay jugs of blood for someone to find.

But, honestly? You can buy animal blood. It's used in a ton of traditional recipes. It's icky by American standards, but it's not illegal or immoral or even crazy weird. There's no reason to build a giant blood stockpile in your basement. That's weird and going to raise comment.
            Vampires can drink all blood from a cow in two turns, so drinking a septic tank in one go is hardly something impossible. But yes, if you want to be even less of a creep, instead of buying blood you can buy live mice to feed your pet snake.

Comment

Ugh. The feeding rules for BP in a turn are designed for humans. You can't extrapolate from that to the utter nonsense of animal BP. It's not possible to drain a cow of blood in 6 seconds. By the time you're dealing with animals or vampires (or anything but mundane humans, really) the relationship between BP and blood volume is totally gone.

Comment

The best blood collection plan in my opinion is just to have a ghoul, or maybe two ghouls, who act as lures. Attractive individuals who go to clubs and pick people up. You, the Vampire, then get to drink 1 point of blood from each of these dates per night. The only big downside with that plan is you picking up STDs, and passing them on to the rest of your herd. If you have some way to overcome that risk (for example you know the Purify Blood Ritual) then it's basically perfect. Furthermore, if you do pick up an STD you can always just Exsanguinate yourself, then drink some clean blood from a prepared batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Telgar View Post
                  Ugh. The feeding rules for BP in a turn are designed for humans. You can't extrapolate from that to the utter nonsense of animal BP. It's not possible to drain a cow of blood in 6 seconds. By the time you're dealing with animals or vampires (or anything but mundane humans, really) the relationship between BP and blood volume is totally gone.
                  So when a Dark Ages gangrel breaks disengages in combat to munch on a cow, you... what? Bust out a calculator and wikipedia?

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
                    The best blood collection plan in my opinion is just to have a ghoul, or maybe two ghouls, who act as lures. Attractive individuals who go to clubs and pick people up. You, the Vampire, then get to drink 1 point of blood from each of these dates per night. The only big downside with that plan is you picking up STDs, and passing them on to the rest of your herd. If you have some way to overcome that risk (for example you know the Purify Blood Ritual) then it's basically perfect. Furthermore, if you do pick up an STD you can always just Exsanguinate yourself, then drink some clean blood from a prepared batch.
                    Vampires are room temperature. So long as you don't feed your ghouls immediately after feeding yourself, you should be fine on the blood-borne diseases.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumata View Post
                      Vampires are room temperature. So long as you don't feed your ghouls immediately after feeding yourself, you should be fine on the blood-borne diseases.
                      I think the lore is a bit odd on this. Somehow HIV sticks around inside Vampires and multiplies, however getting infected requires messy feeding. However, if you intend to live for 100 years, you will run out of luck eventually and catch it.

Comment

There is a ritual in Dark Ages Vampire that would make it easy for someone with Thaumaturgy to store immense amounts of blood easily, Dark Ages Vampire pg 219
                        Principal Focus of Vitae Infusion Level Two Ritual
                        This ritual imbues a quantity of blood within the object upon which the ritual is cast. The object must be small enough for the vampire to carry in both hands, and it may be as small as a coin. After the ritual is conducted, the object takes on a reddish hue and become slick to the toouch. At a mental command, the thaumaturge may release the object from its enchantment, causing it to break down into a pool od blood. This blood may serve whatever purpose the vampire desires. Many Tremere wear enchanted baubles to ensure that they have emergency supplies of vitae.
                        System An object may store only one point of vitae. If a Cainite wishes to make an infused focus for an ally, she may do so, but the blood contained within must be her own (and if the ally then drinks the blood, he is one step closer to the blood oath). The ally must be present at the creation.
                        So given the time and dedication the Tremere can essentially craft a nearly unlimited amount of blood for storage, as there is no limit to how long the object remains enchanted other that the will of the Tremere who cast it or the ally it was created for. Since it specifies that the object can be as small as a coin, that leaves many easy and unnoticeable ways for a vampire to store large amounts of enchanted vitae in the modern world. Just take any appropriately large container and fill it with enchanted: coins (pennies would be especially good since the red hue wouldn't be noticed), marbles, dice, old keys, cds/dvds, credit cards (great for the vampire's wallet), key chains, a deck of playing cards, index cards, bottle caps, pencils/pens, a bin of legos, small rocks, letters/envelopes/postcards (finally a use for all that junk mail). That's just what I could come up with looking at small items around my room, a creative vampire could fill their haven with all sorts of items just waiting to quench the vampire's thirst.

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
                          Vampire Blood is the finest wine.

Human Blood is cheap store-bought imitation.

Animal Blood is that stuff your uncle made which he didn't completely filter, so there's still bits of fermented fruit and yeast clumps in it.

Sure, all 3 are alcohol and will get you drunk, but you know you would pick the 1st two.

As for storing blood, the best use I can think of is storing blood in downtimes to consume at the start of evenings of sessions so as to blood pump the three Physical Attributes to your maximums.
                          Going to work off this and add to it just a bit. Now this is with blood straight from the source warm and at it best. If you store it for any length of time it only get's worse so that stored Animal Blood will be truly horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumata View Post
                            So when a Dark Ages gangrel breaks disengages in combat to munch on a cow, you... what? Bust out a calculator and wikipedia?

I tell the player (who is apparently fighting in a cow field..) that it'll take a minute or two to find a cow, attach himself to it, drain it's blood, and return to the fight. Meaning, he's out of the fight. If someone was... I don't know, fighting ON TOP OF A COW or something insane like that, and wanted to drink the cow dry before it... ran off a cliff?? Then I'd say it takes some reasonable number of rounds. Five, maybe eight or ten? It should take a while to drain a cow.

Comment

I always felt they should have mentioned a mystical system to explain that vampires can drain almost 100% of the blood from a bite wound, without a giant press.

But thing is blood and vitae starts loosing its potency unless mystically stored. Blood bank blood is an inefficient way of doing things since it takes more stored blood to equal a point of fresh blood.

And yeah I was basically planning on barns and basements filled with big wine jars of blood. That's why you establish a group of ghouls/neonates to farm the blood.

And extrapolating on the level one and level two rituals I can imagine elder level rituals making Blood Wells like in Alamut.

Comment

Working...
                              X