What canon NPCs have you killed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What canon NPCs have you killed?

It's interesting to note Vampire is one of the few games where my players don't hate the NPCs. In the Forgotten Realms they loathe Elminster, they despise Divis Mal over in WW, have nothing but contempt for the other Exalted, and would rather never hear again of Albretch. They do, however, love the NPCs of Vampire.

Especially killing them.

So this is a thread where we describe when we've used vampires, hunters, and more from V:TM in our games before killing them.

Our favorite deaths and how.

Also, feel free to just mention what NPCs you WISH you could kill.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Karsh, but it was a really gonzo sabbat game.

Are you on the square?
    Are you on the level?

Comment

Favorite NPC deaths from my campaign

1. Ur-Shulgi: I actually never have the PCs kill him despite wanting to but always have it as a background element that his Reign of Terror ended when the Assamite Viziers gave the Camarilla the location of Alamut. As such, the Camarilla had the United States identify it as a terrorist training camp and bomb the hell out of it. A nice way to subvert the "invincible elder" syndrome which seemed to haunt Revised.

2. Vykos: I always think Vykos is a character who is a fun concept which has kind of outgrown his position. He's a Flesh-crafted Noddist Mad Scientist! He's actually a Tremere mage turned Tzimisce! He's Goratrix's rival! He's the last living descendant of Constantinople. As such, I generally use him as a formidable but ultimately one-shot enemy. Andrei of Vampire: Bloodlines is a good way to use Vykos in my view. He's scary, he's obscene, he's WEIRD, but he's killable. In my adaptation of Alien Hunger he was the main villain the PCs managed to force-feed Pasteur's vampire cure.

Very karmic.

3. Modius: Poor Prince Modius died in a terribly hilarious way which utterly through my campaign for a loop when one of the PCs pulled out a hidden shotgun and blew his head off. It was a moment which dramatically changed the way I view campaigns as the PC gave no warning about it and had done it, essentially, just because he felt like it.

4. Annabelle Triabelle: My PCs loved Annabelle and considered her the best of the Toreador, even overlooking she was a poseur extraordinaire. Thus, it was the nice moment we kicked the story between Menele and Helene into high gear when, at least, Annabelle vanished from the city to become a meal for the latter. The investigation into her death was some incredible fun.

5. Lodin: I think everyone has a Lodin story as he was one of the most common archvillains for campaigns in the early days. Intelligent enough to be the villain and threatening, unlike Modius, but not ridiculously overpowered either. In the end, one of the PCs made a memorable suicide run as he doused himself in gasoline and grabbed Lodin with potence, jumping out the window of his skyscrapper as he ordered the other PCs to shoot him with dragonsbreath on the way down.

That, my friends, was going out like a boss.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

My fledglings in the Vampires in Ancient Rome game just beat Izhim ur-Baal into torpor after Disclones and elder stats failed him for *reasons*. He's currently being dragged back to Rome to be tried by the senate for attempting to destro the city.

I seem to have acquired a site for running play by post games. This is unexpected and frightening and come watch either the glorious play or the magnificent train wreck:

The Malkavian Madness Network

Comment

I've seen at least two groups take down Sheriff. That never gets old.

Craig Oxbrow
          The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

CTPhipps: for having killed Sascha Vykos. It was a ceremonial death, no diablerie, no decapitation, no staking, just hanging from the ceiling, disfigured with vicissitude, surrounded by Vykos Fanboys crying their Idol's departure with Aztec Dance and purging ritual followed by a summoning ritual leaving CTPhipps' soul struggle with a demon over control of the Body for eternity.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
              CTPhipps: for having killed Sascha Vykos. It was a ceremonial death, no diablerie, no decapitation, no staking, just hanging from the ceiling, disfigured with vicissitude, surrounded by Vykos Fanboys crying their Idol's departure with Aztec Dance and purging ritual followed by a summoning ritual leaving CTPhipps' soul struggle with a demon over control of the Body for eternity.
              My world of dakrness counterpart is probably Boggan kinian so it's a mercy probably.

Comment

Killing Sheriff was definitely one of the high points for the characters in my old campaign, though the months-long stalking and killing of Capone is right up there as well.

Does it count if the PCs didn't do it? I had Germaine -- from the old Red List -- destroyed in front of them in order to make a point.

Comment

Critias. It was a very long chronicle and he had been a pain in our ass from about day 4. Our ST should have seen it coming. One of our plots and his crossed early on he snubbed us as "foolish children" while delivering a social beat down. We fixated on him as we descended from neonates with promise to anarchs to diablerists that were becoming so violent even the Sabbat was asking us to tone it down.

Comment

Once upon a time we killed Troile and accidentally started Gehenna. Whoops.

Comment

This week, I'm starting with Nathaniel from Chicago by Night as one of those NPCs which is just waiting to be killed by the PCs. The PCs are going to have the opportunity to track him down and potentially diablerize him because his blood is thick and they have permission from the Prince.

Do they take the option or not?

Bwhahahaha.

Comment

One time my players killed both Modius and Juggler.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                          One time my players killed both Modius and Juggler.
                          They are two wonderfully douchebag characters set up for killing.

Comment

If you are familiar with Constantinople by Night, then my coterie has killed a fair number of canon characters. First to go was the Caitiff Stanislav, Prophet of the Chosen of Calomena. The coterie tracked him and his cult down to a chapel in an abandoned part of the city, barricaded the doors, and burned the building to the ground, killing all of the cult's vampiric and mortal followers.

The depraved Toreador Gallasyn was a recurring antagonist for the coterie for a long time. He was eventually defeated, staked, and handed over to the justice of Bishop Alfonso of Venice, Prince of the Latin Quarter, but Alfonso freed him and placed him under his employ. Gallasyn was waiting for a final rematch with his main rival when the coterie assaulted the Bishop's fortified palace, but he was defeated once more, and then bloodily executed in front of the Kindred of the Latin Quarter. As for the Bishop himself, as mentioned we assaulted his palace with a force of four hundred mercenaries, quickly overpowering the men he'd hired to defend it. He attempted to flee, but lost his head on the way out.

Finally there are the gangs of Malkavian flagellants the plague the city, and though their members are unnamed their existence is nonetheless canon. We finished wiping out the last of them a few sessions the game was sadly suspended. If and when the game is restarted, the next canon characters on the hit list are Narses, Prince of Venice, and Gregorius Dimites, Muse of Performance.

Comment

I once used the execution of Kyle Strathcona to kickstart a game. The PC's were Sabbat characters in a Sabbat city bordering his territory as Cardinal. It was discovered that he was leaking information to the Camarilla not only about Montreal, but also about numerous Sabbat-held cities in and bordering his territory and that he was assisted by a number of accomplices/agents. The PC's were tasked with investigating and capturing any such agents within the city so that they could be questioned and executed. Other "brand name" NPCs made occasional appearances, but Strathcona was only one that I've killed off in a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X