Vampire 20 Ready Made Characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire 20 Ready Made Characters

I picked up this from RPGnow and decided to give it a review. It's thirteen Neonates, one from every clan, with suggestions for using them as NPCs or player characters. Also, how they might get along. I was originally going to give this one a pass but decided since it was only five dollars for the PDF to pick it up. I was surprised to see it had a "Coterie Chart" in the pack for making these characters interact and I have to say I approve. I loved those in Chicago by Night. I also noted there were some decent adventure hooks in the back of the book but was disappointed they were generic rather than tied to specific characters.

The characters all very much feel like Post-Revised which is trying a little too hard to be serious in my opinion. I generally prefer my vampires to be a little bit exaggerated in their behavior so my favorite of the 13 were the Scottish Giovanni football couch (which I will have far too much fun doing the outrageous accent of--based on my grandfather no less), the MMA fighter killed in the ring by the Sabbat, and the Pre-WW2 Jewish girl who torpored through the Holocaust.

The latter is just a serious actual character and one with a lot of potential for drama as well as good RPGing. I'll also probably use the Ventrue PC as she has a very easy to use job (she's a fence), has an interesting backstory (parted from her lesbian fiance by the embrace), and the PCs can probably regain a point of Humanity by reuniting them right before things go horribly wrong.

I also give credit for 'Tzimisce Veterinarian.' as a concept.

There's a couple of other interesting ideas in the book as well, including a member of the Giovanni family embraced by a member of the Lasombra who is more interested in his mortal family than his parent one. Also, a Toreador embracing a Dadaist is an inherently interesting idea because Dadaism is an inherent rejection of the concept of art. It's basically like the Tremere embracing someone who hates the concept of magic and finds it stupid.

Plus a Ravnos Lawyer.

Overall, I recommend this book and think you'll probably get your five bucks worth with at least some of the book. Certainly, it can be used to pad out the Kindred of a city if you don't feel your homebrew city is populated by enough Kindred to just causally interact with.

9/10

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

What's the Malk character like?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamweaver View Post
      What's the Malk character like?
      Malkavian Chemical Messiah. He has prophetic visions he attributes to his use of LSD laced Vitae and attempts to share his enlightenment with other Kindred (also using Dementation). It's really an interesting way of deconstructing Malkavian messianic characters. The fact everyone takes our drug dealing nutbag SERIOUSLY as having insight into Golconda is a (blackly) funny joke without being silly.

The only character I didn't buy is the rebelliously lazy Tremere Goth Girl who I can't really see any Tremere tolerating.

I think it needed a bit more justification for why her sire would embrace her, unless I missed the subtext of, "Because he wanted a hot Goth Girl gamer chick under his thumb."

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Malkavian Chemical Messiah. He has prophetic visions he attributes to his use of LSD laced Vitae and attempts to share his enlightenment with other Kindred (also using Dementation). It's really an interesting way of deconstructing Malkavian messianic characters. The fact everyone takes our drug dealing nutbag SERIOUSLY as having insight into Golconda is a (blackly) funny joke without being silly.

The only character I didn't buy is the rebelliously lazy Tremere Goth Girl who I can't really see any Tremere tolerating.

I think it needed a bit more justification for why her sire would embrace her, unless I missed the subtext of, "Because he wanted a hot Goth Girl gamer chick under his thumb."
        Thanks for the review! Please add one to drivethrurpg if you've not done so. This book was one of mine, so I'm glad to see such a high rating

As for the Tremere - she is a natural mage. Member of the Cult of Ecstasy in fact, or would have been, were it not for her Embrace. She felt her first burst of magick just before her sire killed her. The Tremere Embraced her because in the Thaumaturgical sense, she's a savant.

Matthew Dawkins
        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

I dont have the book on my school laptop, which was the Pre-WW2 Jewish girl again? Sorry with 13 I think I might have missed some interesting facts, or lingered to long on the ones I found very interesting. [Review and rating is already given GG]

Comment

The Malk would be fun to play like Reggie Ledoux from True Detective.

For different game play videos of White Wolf Games from my play group
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
            https://soundcloud.com/twin-cities-by-night
            If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Comment

Originally posted by Perpetr8r View Post
              I dont have the book on my school laptop, which was the Pre-WW2 Jewish girl again? Sorry with 13 I think I might have missed some interesting facts, or lingered to long on the ones I found very interesting. [Review and rating is already given GG]
              The Toreador. She was a Dadaist artist (which all true Dadaists HATE as a label) who was embraced and then got hit with a bomb before things went to hell. She tried looking up her relatives but it became way way too depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Thanks for the review! Please add one to drivethrurpg if you've not done so. This book was one of mine, so I'm glad to see such a high rating

As for the Tremere - she is a natural mage. Member of the Cult of Ecstasy in fact, or would have been, were it not for her Embrace. She felt her first burst of magick just before her sire killed her. The Tremere Embraced her because in the Thaumaturgical sense, she's a savant.
                All true Goths should be Hollow Ones!

Left a five star review even if I had some criticisms.

Also, a copy of the first post.

Thanks for the clarification re: The Tremere.

I checked this out because of your post on your Youtube Channel telling me about it.

Comment

All true Goths should be Hollow Ones!

Left a five star review even if I had some criticisms.

Also, a copy of the first post.

Thanks for the clarification re: The Tremere.

I checked this out because of your post on your Youtube Channel telling me about it.
                  Much obliged! I did think I'd written up in Angel Dietrich's background that she was a true magus, but perhaps that was cut in editing..

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

i would like to know who is the Nosferatu...

Comment

It was in the history but not very direct. It mentioned there was an incident right before she was embraced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rettile&Blitch View Post
                        i would like to know who is the Nosferatu...
                        A Nosferatu Camarilla loyalist who wears a burka everywhere but Elysium. She's all about upholding the Traditions and playing politics--which pisses other Nosferatu off. It might make her Prince one day, though.

Comment

A Nosferatu Camarilla loyalist who wears a burka everywhere but Elysium. She's all about upholding the Traditions and playing politics--which pisses other Nosferatu off. It might make her Prince one day, though.
                          Thanks for it

Comment

You didn't mention her delightful skin condition!

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

The ravnos, the tremere, and the gangrel are my faves. I do like the ventrue because she is just amusing to read. And the nosferatu is interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X