X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aya Tari
    started a topic Favorite Malkavian Derangements

Favorite Malkavian Derangements

I was just curious what everyone's favorite Malkavian derangement is? I like Sanguinary Animism.

• Eddie Fiori
    replied
    Oh, there's no doubt she is heavy on the Dominate.

Leave a comment:

• Aya Tari
    replied
    Which is why she should be a Dominate Malkavian, they will never know why they are returning, just that they are returning.

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Fiori
    replied
    I thought about that, but it seems to me people have come to expect it. And so, she remains in her chair. The physical escape is not the hardest part. They all know that Mother Irina watches over them and in time will lead them home. And they all know that in time, they will return to her voluntarily.

Leave a comment:

• 11twiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddie Fiori View Post

Oh, yes. She prefers to keep her children close and only send them out in order to speak through them when it's important. Her ghouls, however, are always on the look out for runaways, lost children and anyone else in need of Mother's love. There are so very many, but they all leave her in the end...

Oh, she'd work very well as a Tzimisce too, no questions. I'd consider it an honour if you use her. Please remember that she means no harm. She only wants the characters to stay with her. Forever.

She is old and frail, a weak and debilitated 65 year old woman, with stringy, grey hair. She's tiny and so very, very sad. She slumps in a wheelchair and is moved around by a big, strong, vacant eyed servant. I've only used her once with a poor solo PC. She came slightly to life, as her son had returned home. She had her servants drape a blanket around his shoulders and serve him a big glass of heated blood. With a quivering voice, she praised God and St. Nicholaus, the saint of children. When he talked about returning home, she burst into tears. Why, why after all these years would he leave her again? Had he not learned that bad things happen to children who leave their mother? When he (cautiously) pressed the point, the frail old woman straightened up in her wheelchair and with a will shaped and tempered by the very worst of human nature and misery, nailed him to his seat with a simple "Stay".

He stays there still. Forever safe in Mother's home.

I like to play this song whenever the current PCs encounter her vacant eyed (but obedient) children, or indeed think about her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3RUygjaWwQ
    I like my frail old woman Vampires to be anything but frail, but that's my personal preference. Have her in a wheelchair, sure, with a blanket and a cup and a servant to help her drink and push her around... and the moment you anger her she is up and out of the chair ready to End You. Angering her would be threatening her children or abusing her hospitality, since hospitality and protection are big things for Elder Tzimisce.

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Fiori
    replied
    No, no, not at all. I am flattered that I can inspire. Please use anything you can if it fits with your group!

Leave a comment:

• lilappleblossom
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddie Fiori View Post
    My other prominent Malkavian is the sheriff.

Lars Swanson is a brawny, raw-boned son of puritan Swedish immigrants to the U.S. in the 1850s. From an early age, he learned to obey his elders and was taught to stay pure in deed and thought. Following in his father's footsteps, the young butcher worked his fingers to the bone in the Union stockyards in Chicago. Besieged on all sides by sin, laziness, drinking, gambling and, worst of all, fornication (which made his burning loins tempt even him!), the young man eventually took matters into his own hands.

After all, he had been taught what was right and wrong.

Sinners, tramps and prostitutes disappeared into the grinder which once was the hog butcher of the world. One night, though, the cleaver wielding puritan picked the wrong prostitute to excise his convictions upon and for a laugh, the unknown daughter of the moon made him drink blood for eternity. Lars Swanson doesn't mind, he only drinks the blood of sinners.

And there are so very many sinners.

It wasn't long before the prince realized the worth of a hard working, sadistic brute with the powers of invisibility and supernatural sight, not to mention a penchant for obeying authority. Sure, there are older kindred out there, there are better fighters, but on the whole, Lars gets the job done better. There will be some... collateral, but he usually cleans it up.
    Oh my Goodness, I love him. I want to play a character based on him next time I get the chance. Do you mind?

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Fiori
    replied
    My other prominent Malkavian is the sheriff.

Lars Swanson is a brawny, raw-boned son of puritan Swedish immigrants to the U.S. in the 1850s. From an early age, he learned to obey his elders and was taught to stay pure in deed and thought. Following in his father's footsteps, the young butcher worked his fingers to the bone in the Union stockyards in Chicago. Besieged on all sides by sin, laziness, drinking, gambling and, worst of all, fornication (which made his burning loins tempt even him!), the young man eventually took matters into his own hands.

After all, he had been taught what was right and wrong.

Sinners, tramps and prostitutes disappeared into the grinder which once was the hog butcher of the world. One night, though, the cleaver wielding puritan picked the wrong prostitute to excise his convictions upon and for a laugh, the unknown daughter of the moon made him drink blood for eternity. Lars Swanson doesn't mind, he only drinks the blood of sinners.

And there are so very many sinners.

It wasn't long before the prince realized the worth of a hard working, sadistic brute with the powers of invisibility and supernatural sight, not to mention a penchant for obeying authority. Sure, there are older kindred out there, there are better fighters, but on the whole, Lars gets the job done better. There will be some... collateral, but he usually cleans it up.

Leave a comment:

• 11twiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dreamweaver View Post

Speaking of that, what "age" do you generally settle on for this to kick in? How common is it in most peoples' games? I have mixed feelings on it myself. On one hand, it's an interesting concept, but on another, it does remove the possibility of ancient vampires making new childer (even if only as pawns and cannon fodder).
    I do it for that reason. A 2000 year old Elder being able to make a Neonate makes you wonder; why do they bother with Grand-Childer, Great-Grand-Childer... All Elders of a certain age (500 years?) being infertile simply avoids logistical issues. For example, why doesn't [Toreador] embrace? Why doesn't Caine? Why can't the Ghoul PC use his favour from the Prince to get embraced by the Prince's Grandsire? It simply makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• Eddie Fiori
    replied
    Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
    Interesting, how does she get blood? Does she have her children bring her victims?
    Oh, yes. She prefers to keep her children close and only send them out in order to speak through them when it's important. Her ghouls, however, are always on the look out for runaways, lost children and anyone else in need of Mother's love. There are so very many, but they all leave her in the end...

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

I'm seeing this as a Tzimisce concept oddly... a refugee from Eastern Europe who only just escaped the erection of the Shadow Curtain by Baba Yaga. She lost all of her Childer in the escape and is too old to embrace again (I'm of the *all Elders develop Infertile Vitae eventually* school) so she tries to collect those who visit her mansion and force them to stay. Mind if I steal?
    Oh, she'd work very well as a Tzimisce too, no questions. I'd consider it an honour if you use her. Please remember that she means no harm. She only wants the characters to stay with her. Forever.

She is old and frail, a weak and debilitated 65 year old woman, with stringy, grey hair. She's tiny and so very, very sad. She slumps in a wheelchair and is moved around by a big, strong, vacant eyed servant. I've only used her once with a poor solo PC. She came slightly to life, as her son had returned home. She had her servants drape a blanket around his shoulders and serve him a big glass of heated blood. With a quivering voice, she praised God and St. Nicholaus, the saint of children. When he talked about returning home, she burst into tears. Why, why after all these years would he leave her again? Had he not learned that bad things happen to children who leave their mother? When he (cautiously) pressed the point, the frail old woman straightened up in her wheelchair and with a will shaped and tempered by the very worst of human nature and misery, nailed him to his seat with a simple "Stay".

He stays there still. Forever safe in Mother's home.

I like to play this song whenever the current PCs encounter her vacant eyed (but obedient) children, or indeed think about her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3RUygjaWwQ

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Ophion View Post

I'm sorry what? Eco? I can't recall any example in his novels where a person that's actually mad has real insight because of their insanity, and he certainly didn't believe that kind of stuff in real life either.
    No, he actually wrote essays on it in real life that the treatment of the mad sucked since historically they were treated as people with great wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• Aya Tari
    replied
    I never have low generation vampires with Infertile Vitae, that is an affliction of higher generation vampires (11th-14th generation). And I have elder vampires making new vampires on a regular basis. One of my favorite groups of NPCs that I use is a group of 13 ancient 4th generation vampires (one from each of the original Clans) who each regularly create 13 neonate 5th generation vampires to renew the decaying power of their Clans (once every thousand years or so).
    Last edited by Aya Tari; 08-11-2016, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Crytash
    replied
    Malkavians can be funny and humorous, but more than anything they should be dangerous. As Rumata said, Megalomania is a great option. Start with a high generation so you don't have to drink from everyone, but tell your coterie and everyone that wants to listen to you that you are the next Alexander/Beethoven/Marx or whatever part of society you are into while planning ahead to devouring one of the older vampires of the city.

Leave a comment:

• The Dreamweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

I'm seeing this as a Tzimisce concept oddly... a refugee from Eastern Europe who only just escaped the erection of the Shadow Curtain by Baba Yaga. She lost all of her Childer in the escape and is too old to embrace again (I'm of the *all Elders develop Infertile Vitae eventually* school) so she tries to collect those who visit her mansion and force them to stay. Mind if I steal?

Speaking of that, what "age" do you generally settle on for this to kick in? How common is it in most peoples' games? I have mixed feelings on it myself. On one hand, it's an interesting concept, but on another, it does remove the possibility of ancient vampires making new childer (even if only as pawns and cannon fodder).

Leave a comment:

• Ophion
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    It's pretty much reasons like that Nazfool I don't want Malkavians to be as closely associated with mental illness. The Malkavians are creations of the Umberto Eco school of thought which portrayed the mad as having special insight into the supernatural and the belief their madness was to be revered.
    I'm sorry what? Eco? I can't recall any example in his novels where a person that's actually mad has real insight because of their insanity, and he certainly didn't believe that kind of stuff in real life either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X