Vampire Breast Milk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire Breast Milk

I was wondering if anyone had considered the idea of vampire breast milk. After humans are transformed into Kindred, they effectively reset to their physical form when they were Embraced every morning. In addition, a vampire with Humanity 8+ is able to effortlessly maintain the normal biological functions of humans, though they are incapable of gaining nourishment from food and drink and may not biological reproduce (unless they are 15th generation). Therefore, if a nursing mother is Embraced then, she should be able to create breast milk as long as she maintains Humanity 8+.

So, my question is, what would the properties of vampire breast milk be? Would it just be normal breast milk? Would it contain enough vampire blood to create a blood bond in the baby? Would it contain enough vampire blood to transform any baby into a ghoul? Or would it have a different effect?

My opinion is that any mortal who consumed vampire breast milk for a minimum of one year would become a dhampir (Kindred). For a baby, the special properties of the dhampir (Kindred) condition would not start to manifest until they reached puberty. For an adolescent or an adult, the special properties of the dhampir (Kindred) condition would start to manifest after one year of consuming vampire breast milk. I would suggest that such an interpretation would explain the dhampir (Kindred) legends without changing the setting all that much.

Hmm... or it could just ghoul them? Like can Vampires even fake bodily fluids? I was under the impression that regardless of humanity and blood expenditure, Vampires only have blood. Tears of blood, blood sweat, blood ejaculate. So Vampire breast milk would be... blood. Unless they were Gen 14/15, in which case they could actually imitate the biology of it, but not 100% reliabily. And in that case... well Gen 15 eggs can make Dhampir, and Gen 15 sperm can make Dhampir... Gen 15 breast milk turning a human into a Revenant wouldn't be a push.

Comment

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post
      Hmm... or it could just ghoul them? Like can Vampires even fake bodily fluids? I was under the impression that regardless of humanity and blood expenditure, Vampires only have blood. Tears of blood, blood sweat, blood ejaculate. So Vampire breast milk would be... blood. Unless they were Gen 14/15, in which case they could actually imitate the biology of it, but not 100% reliabily. And in that case... well Gen 15 eggs can make Dhampir, and Gen 15 sperm can make Dhampir... Gen 15 breast milk turning a human into a Revenant wouldn't be a push.
      Under normal circumstances, yes, but vampires appear corpse-like under normal circumstances. The masquerade that comes from having high Humanity would be worthless if Kindred started dripping blood whenever they cried, ejaculated, sweated, etc, so their normal tendencies to leak blood would be presumably transformed with the rest of their body when Kindred spend blood to mimic humans.

Comment

I can honestly say I have never thought about this before. I wouldn't have this be an issue in my game. At best, the amount of "breast milk" that could be provided would be limited - just minor excretions of whatever was in the body before death - assuming the person had high humanity. At most, I'd allow the vampire to spend a Blood Point to provide a limited amount of breast milk that would be normal for her if alive, but the milk would provide no powers (no dhampir factory) and have no nutritional value.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
          I was wondering if anyone had considered the idea of vampire breast milk. After humans are transformed into Kindred, they effectively reset to their physical form when they were Embraced every morning. In addition, a vampire with Humanity 8+ is able to effortlessly maintain the normal biological functions of humans, though they are incapable of gaining nourishment from food and drink and may not biological reproduce (unless they are 15th generation). Therefore, if a nursing mother is Embraced then, she should be able to create breast milk as long as she maintains Humanity 8+.

So, my question is, what would the properties of vampire breast milk be? Would it just be normal breast milk? Would it contain enough vampire blood to create a blood bond in the baby? Would it contain enough vampire blood to transform any baby into a ghoul? Or would it have a different effect?

My opinion is that any mortal who consumed vampire breast milk for a minimum of one year would become a dhampir (Kindred). For a baby, the special properties of the dhampir (Kindred) condition would not start to manifest until they reached puberty. For an adolescent or an adult, the special properties of the dhampir (Kindred) condition would start to manifest after one year of consuming vampire breast milk. I would suggest that such an interpretation would explain the dhampir (Kindred) legends without changing the setting all that much.

i will refer only to the Hunter The Reckoning Survival's Guide. first page and first story. which shows a vampire mother "breastfeeding" her son (by that i mean, allowing the baby to bite her breast and drink from her)

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
          ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
          Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
          Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

I think the production of milk in such circumstances quite a possibility, but not a realiable thing, something that greatly varies from a given Kindred to another. Also, no special properties of the milk should be stronger or very distinct from normal blood, unless far weirder circumstances are at hand.

Sorry if I seem too straightforward, or if I don't get you. Autism isn't a forgiving condition.

Comment

I... I just... fraking God dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                ...effortlessly maintain the normal biological functions of humans...
                This is where you're misconstruing the rules. They -- outwardly -- mimic the normal biological functions of humans. They have body heat, they have a flush, they breathe, their hearts beat, and the like. Otherwise, they are still vampires. They don't piss, they don't shit, they can't spit (saliva), they don't get runny noses, they don't ejaculate semen or produce mucus, if you hook them up to an EEG they're still show as brain dead, and they certainly can't produce breast milk.

Bare minimum, to accomplish what you want to do, you'd need elder-level Vicissitude (Graft Life to Life), some possession-related power, and/or maybe -- maybe -- a relevant Merit (likely, 3+ points as nothing like this has been published).

Comment

First we get Goratrix and his floppy dick, then we have an Assamite girl chopping her boobs off to fit into the boys' club, now this. Holy Hannah, VtM subforum, we're on a roll!
                  Last edited by The Laughing Stranger; 10-24-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

If I remember correctly then almost all the body fluids of a vampire get replaced with vitae a short while after the embrace, so while the nursing mother would, with flush of life, be able to lactate breast milk for a few days after the embrace it would be laced with vitae, and after a while she would simply lactate vitae.

The only fluid that I would think doesn't get replaced with vitae is saliva because otherwise flush of life would fill your mouth with your own blood, or as previously stated vampires probably don't salivate.

Comment

Oh god imagine having eternal dry mouth. Bleh.

Comment

I haven't really thought a lot about it, nor does it feel like something that developers have given a lot of thought to either, so I just assume that the mouth of a vampire keeps an adequate amount of moisture in it when the vampire in question is awake.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristviljan View Post
                          I haven't really thought a lot about it, nor does it feel like something that developers have given a lot of thought to either, so I just assume that the mouth of a vampire keeps an adequate amount of moisture in it when the vampire in question is awake.
                          Yeah, that's basically what I go with too.

Comment

Some of friends and I once joked that Vampire lactate sour milk and left it at that.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

I don't think it deserves so much thought. Or, to be precise, that so much thought will create a good answer. The vampiric condition is a mystic thing, and so some answers can be based on the themes and mystic what-nots of the chronicle.

Really, it isn't as if someone would break the balance of the game if her character could sometimes breast-feed a baby or a weirdo. Actualy, that's very in-theme for Vampire, with lust and all.

Sorry if I seem too straightforward, or if I don't get you. Autism isn't a forgiving condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X