Rage To remain Active

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post
    Well, I my Wild West book is word-for-word what Idpersona posted, and that book borrowed a lot of 2nd Ed. So I guess we have been playing it wrong...

tl;dr everything I know is a lie.
    Just checked Revised and it was worded the same way. 2nd Ed was worded differently, but amounts to the same thing.

Now we must hang our heads in shame and abandon the game, because we were wrong about a minor rule.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
      Just checked Revised and it was worded the same way. 2nd Ed was worded differently, but amounts to the same thing.

Now we must hang our heads in shame and abandon the game, because we were wrong about a minor rule.
      It is a slippery slope, man. First I forget how 'remain active' works, next thing you know I'm forgetting the recipe for a PB&J sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

It is a slippery slope, man. First I forget how 'remain active' works, next thing you know I'm forgetting the recipe for a PB&J sandwich!
        (Bites into sandwich, noting odd taste)

"Wait a minute, this PB&J is... plum butter and jello? ALL IS LOST! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE! WHY COULDN'T WE REMEMBER OUR OWN RULES?"

Comment

W20 contradicts itself with the rules regarding a Garou entering frenzy upon rolling to remain active. Page 256 "A critically injured werewolf can channel her Rage to save her life. It's a risky proposition- if it succeeds, the werewolf is thrown into a wild frenzy. It's sometimes the only way for a character to save her life,though. To remain active, the player rolls his character's permanent Rage (difficulty 8). Each success heals one health level of any kind of damage. No matter how much damage is healed, the character enters a berserk frenzy."

The example below then has the player manage three successes and go into a berserk frenzy at the start of their next turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Falcon View Post
            W20 contradicts itself with the rules regarding a Garou entering frenzy upon rolling to remain active. Page 256 "A critically injured werewolf can channel her Rage to save her life. It's a risky proposition- if it succeeds, the werewolf is thrown into a wild frenzy. It's sometimes the only way for a character to save her life,though. To remain active, the player rolls his character's permanent Rage (difficulty 8). Each success heals one health level of any kind of damage. No matter how much damage is healed, the character enters a berserk frenzy."

The example below then has the player manage three successes and go into a berserk frenzy at the start of their next turn.
            And balance is restored in the universe. <3 Haha!

Seriously, thanks for finding/posting this.

Comment

Yep. Thank you

Comment

You're quite welcome, it was fresh in my mind since I had to use that rule a lot in the last Wild West game I ran. Funny how fanning a revolver into a Garou's gut can create such a situation.

Comment

Working...
                X