How Many Fomori?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Fomori?

I was just curious how many Fomori you think that there are in the cWoD? In WtA, the legions of the Roman Republic and Roman Empire were thought to be dominated by Fomori, so the Fomori would have been uncommon during the Roman Republic and Roman Empire (perhaps as many as 1:100 of the human population). In modern times, I think that they are rarer than they were during the Roman Republic or the Roman Empire, though not nearly as rare as other supernatural creatures (I generally use 1:2,500 of the human population).

If you use the rules from Possessed, I would imagine that Fomori with permanent Autonomy 9 would be 1:5,000, with permanent Autonomy 8 would be 1:10,000, with permanent Autonomy 7 would be 1:20,000, with permanent Autonomy 6 would be 1:40,000, with permanent Autonomy 5- would be 1:40,000. While Fomori with lower permanent Autonomy (6-) would be more powerful than Fomori with higher permanent Autonomy (7+), they would be more likely to be have a shorter lifespan because they would be more likely to be dominated by their resident Bane. How common do you think they are?

I don't think the Fomori were numbering as much as 1% of Rome, that is a huge amount. In general though they were dominating because they seduced both high ranking influencial Legionaires and as well as common foot soldiers. Not even talking about those possessed in the cities. But the thing is Fomori often have short life expectancy, and are quickly replaced so its very difficult to figure them out. But I don't think they ruled the Roman Empires. It is like in Modern Times Fomori and plain old evil tainted Romans can be found all over the place.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Sadly, this is one of the things I can't answer. I didn't keep track of fomori or specific bane counts.

Comment

I think the main thing to keep in mind with Fomori is they have a short life expectancy, so while they can form gangs or even small armies of them to through at the Fera, they do so expecting them to be nearly wiped out in the conflict. While werewolves can also form armies, like the 1000 Garou battle in Russia, and the Amazon war in its heyday, they don't unless absolutely necessary because there are not many of them. For the Garou to use Fomori tactics while not wiping out their whole population would probably need more like ten or times their current numbers, so I'm guessing Fomori are probably numbering less then the whole Garou Nation (Which is less then 20k, but probably more then 11k) at any given time, but they keep replenishing their numbers.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
        X