Rite of the 13th floor.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rite of the 13th floor.

wondered a bit about "Rite of the 13th floor" from book of the city.

it says that it is sometime enhanced by a real human sacrafice when they have a captive who is loyal to the wyrm.

wondered a bit, for that, or other cases calling for human sacrafices, think they'd hold a Pentex first team member in a makeshift cell, or go out and grab a handy Wife Beater or Drug pusher, whatever. as situatioin arises.

I think 'loyalty to the Wyrm' is the important phrase here. An abusive husband or cold-hearted drug monger is bad, but those dudes are a dime a dozen. I think a more devoted servant of the Wyrm will always be better than some random tainted schmuck. A member of Pentex would be decent. I think a First-team soldier would fit the bill. Other options might include a notorious serial killer or a famous but untouchable rapist. Any of those would make for good sacrifices.

Comment

Someone who is a willing follower of the Wyrm - some kind of cultist or minion. If a person is not somehow supernaturally involved with the Wyrm, I would say it doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
        Someone who is a willing follower of the Wyrm - some kind of cultist or minion. If a person is not somehow supernaturally involved with the Wyrm, I would say it doesn't count.
        I think it is totally possible to have loyal dupes. I don't think it is necessary that the sacrificial victim knows they serve the Wyrm as the Garou see it.

Comment

I think there is a difference between someone who is tainted because they beat the crap out of their spouse and someone who does horrible acts for a higher cause. They second person may not know of the "Wyrm" but they are actively doing the Wyrm's work. The spouse beater is just acting out their baser impulses.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

so any thoughts o n the "Collect as needed" vs "when we plan to perform the rite relatively soon, capture a first teamer or whatever alive, and hold them until the rite"

Comment

Working...
            X