The Black Spiral and other Fera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
    I agree with this. Though I think the thread specifically had the Spiral in mind and what effects it would have.
    Sure. Sorry, I might not have been specific enough. Were a Fera to dance the spiral, I think it would have a comparable effect as to turn them into their relative Wyrm-Fera versions. Something I would think would occur in any extreme cause of Wyrm taint/joining the Wyrm. Not that I particularly have anything in the books to back that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Monalfie View Post
      Sure. Sorry, I might not have been specific enough. Were a Fera to dance the spiral, I think it would have a comparable effect as to turn them into their relative Wyrm-Fera versions. Something I would think would occur in any extreme cause of Wyrm taint/joining the Wyrm. Not that I particularly have anything in the books to back that up.
      My fault for misunderstanding.
      So yea, this is my take on it too.

Comment

My fault for misunderstanding.
        So yea, this is my take on it too.
        No, no, entire on me. I think it seemed a little unclear as far as the question. Is becoming a Fera Black Spiral Dancer meant to be the equivalent of said Tainted Fera or just a Fera with access to BSD gifts? Not sure on the details there.

Comment

Originally posted by Monalfie View Post
          No, no, entire on me. I think it seemed a little unclear as far as the question. Is becoming a Fera Black Spiral Dancer meant to be the equivalent of said Tainted Fera or just a Fera with access to BSD gifts? Not sure on the details there.
          So, just speaking from my point of view: the Fera isn't becoming a Spiral (as in Garou Tribe) so they shouldn't get access to BSD Gifts. I suppose you could call them Black Spiral Dancers if they physically/spiritually dance the Spiral (since the term would be literally correct), but I think that gets a bit confusing.

I would just have them go on to be whatever the tainted version of their Fera is and call them as such. To me, the means by which they become tainted is less important than the end result.

So a Rokea thrown into the Spiral would come out (assuming they survive) as a Bale Shark for all intents and purposes.

Comment

So a Rokea thrown into the Spiral would come out (assuming they survive) as a Bale Shark for all intents and purposes.
            Balefire Sharks are created through a pact with Lord Kerne, the Maeljin Incarna of Balefire; I suppose a Rokea going through the Black Spiral would be different from them - not having radiation-related capabilities and not having to listen to Lord Kerne.
            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-29-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
              Bale Sharks are created through a pact with Lord Kerne, the Maeljin Incarna of Balefire; I suppose a Rokea going through the Black Spiral would be different from them - not having radiation-related capabilities and not having to listen to Lord Kerne.
              I see little reason the same thing can't happen in the Spiral.
              Admittedly, I hadn't gone back and read the section in W20 until just now. Having read it again, there could be a difference, but I stand by the idea that the resulting Spiral-Shark could still be close enough that the differences are negligible for most story's purposes. The section for Balefire Sharks even says they can learn BSD Gifts, so really all you are trading out (if you go that route) is the Balefire healing and radioactive dependency. As per listening to Lord Kerne, they will likely just end up with a different Maeljin (or other Wyrm Incarna) barking orders at them.

Comment

I see little reason the same thing can't happen in the Spiral.
                Admittedly, I hadn't gone back and read the section in W20 until just now. Having read it again, there could be a difference, but I stand by the idea that the resulting Spiral-Shark could still be close enough that the differences are negligible for most story's purposes. The section for Balefire Sharks even says they can learn BSD Gifts, so really all you are trading out (if you go that route) is the Balefire healing and radioactive dependency. As per listening to Lord Kerne, they will likely just end up with a different Maeljin (or other Wyrm Incarna) barking orders at them.
                Good call that they could very well make the pact with Lord Kerne in (or perhaps after) the Black Spiral. And yes the difference is negligible in most stories - unless you are playing a Wyrmish Rokea game, or something.

Comment

I think, as this is the Umbra, the path might be 'the Spiral', but it won't be the Spiral as the BSD tribe knows it. The path to corruption isn't the same for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X