• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Life Werewolf the apocalypse inspiration

"Ghost ship full of cannibal rats"
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/24/tech/w...hip/index.html

"Pig-Human Hybrid Fetus created..........for organ farming"
    http://mlbinjurynews.com/2017/01/sci...rt-pig-embryo/

In another story from the last few weeks , a phenomenon off the coast of Israel . Sharks are swarming off the coast of Israel , I heard it was because they were attracted by the warm water being dispensed by a nearby power plant.......(having trouble finding the story here at work)

Anybody got any others?

"The War on Wolves Act"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leda-h..._14370670.html

Comment

Wildlife News website
      http://www.thewildlifenews.com/category/wolves/

San Francisco Bay Area methane emissions may be double what we thought
      https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0117135738.htm
      ** I gotta figure out a way to fit this into my SF Ratkin game
      Last edited by WISDOMINCHAINS; 02-02-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WISDOMINCHAINS View Post
        San Francisco Bay Area methane emissions may be double what we thought
        I can see the headline now. "Bay Area farts prove surprising solution to energy crisis."

Comment

There's a lot good inspirations posted above!. I was a teenager when I've met WoD universe and of course WtA (my beloved game). So, here's my example list:
          Music:
          Metallica - Where the wild things are. Disposable heroes.
          Sepultura - Roots album
          Music inspired by cthulutech,(don't remember band name, this morn omina or something similar - pisceris , toltec and other tracks remindes of strane umbal places or trance like garou rites).
          Movies: the best were mentioned above. But of course Vikings series and Beowulf remindes me of Get, Brotherhood of the Wolves and similar stuff, Pathfinder
          Games: Dead space trilogy - one word - desperation, second: survival at all cost, Upcoming WtA game!,

But somewhere here on forum I've read a post about making BSD myth like cthulhu. It's one of the most refreshing idea. Books are the best inspirations in my opinion.
          For every tribe I can get something from the books.
          Examples:
          Black furies - Henry Lion Oldi - A Hero Must Be Alone
          Get of Fenrir - Marc Barrowcliffe - Wolfesangel series or two books about Siggrida Sotrrada by E. Cherezińska (kicking ass) - not available in english version
          Glass walkers - the Godfather of course or any cyberpunk novel
          Fianna - Bernard Cornwell Saxon saga and Arthur saga
          Stargazers - Lian hearn - Ottori saga and similar stuff , very cool, but if you want to find something deeper and WtA style - only Rage across the Heavens i think
          Silver Fangs - Reborn kingdom E. Cherezińska - not available in english version
          Shadow lords and Red talons - Markus Heitz - Ritus, Sanctum
          Bone gnawers - Mercy Thompson stuff - very light, fast to read, adventure - Patricia Briggs , I don't remember book about homeless altruists, maby some classic - La peste - Albert Camus
          Children of Gaia - seriously? Bible. Old testament.
          Uktena and Wendigo - historical books, there's many of them
          Silent Striders - truly everything with big adventure theme and! Cthulhu stuff

It's only top of iceberg.

Comment

(This is true, and may serv to inpsir a WW game)

This blurb of personal experience takes place In a city on the Texas Mexican border. This bordertown is the biggest inland port to the United States from Mexico.

When I was a kid late 80's early 90's you could go to a well known flower and gifts shop in the hood that had a backroom full of cages ( not nice pet store cages).

I remember to the locals it was no big deal what was happening in the back of the flower shop. They were either ignorant , undereducated, or were happy to be making money with what was happening in the back of the shop.

I remember going into the back of the shop and seeing steel cages stacked on cages , animal filth everywhere and mice and rats darting under the cages and crawling all over everything.

Inside the cages were TONS of exotic animals , A bald eagle , a spider monkey, a full grown caiman etc.. These animals were for sale....

I remember in this same city for several years you would go out and about on the town , and wherever missing cat and missing dog flyers were , you would also see one too many flyers for missing monkeys with rewards for their return.

This city also had way too many instances of Mexican immigrants going missing (no body) in the Rio Grande , right under the international bridge.

When I got to college I found out why- The illegal animal trade is HUGE , but people usually just think of drugs and people trafficking. But what happens when a criminal transporting illegal animals approaches customs and feels the heating getting to strong? They release their cargo into the green space and the Rio Grande.

It became such a problem that the local college set up a "zoo" of sorts along the border where the college students could go visit. It had ALL sortsa animals pulled from the Rio Grande that didn't belong there. Gators, Piranhas, Eagles, jungle cats, crocodiles , monkeys , lemurs, sting rays , exotic birds from the jungle etc...

Many poor people trying to quickly cross that river were gobbled up because of the illegal pet trade.

What drives this trade...well...its on the border of mexico , and drug dealers are very showy. It was not uncommon to have a residential area where someone owned a tiger cub or two in their backyard, a tank with a juvenile shark in it, hell my tattoo artist had a baby komodo dragon , This usually took place in that one house in the hood that happened to be a mansion surrounded by decrepid shacks.

Comment

Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
              Get of Fenrir - Marc Barrowcliffe - Wolfesangel series or two books about Siggrida Sotrrada by E. Cherezińska (kicking ass) - not available in english version

Silver Fangs - Reborn kingdom E. Cherezińska - not available in english version
              Damn, now I wish I could read Polish.

Comment

Wolves of vinland and Jack Donovan's book "becoming a barbarian." Tribal culture.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

Working...
                X