Repairing the Veil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
    Thanks for the information on what an Outside Garou can and cannot do. I'm still trying to get all the little details about the Garou nation down.
    It might help to think of each Sept as a separate city-state. Combined they make up the "Garou Nation" but that's really only because they share the same Litany have (theoretically) have the same goals.

I'm going to use this for my quest, so I rather not get into details. There may be players on the board. Also, I haven't gotten the Red Talon sept nailed down yet. This plot, if I decide to do it will come at the last part of the quest.

I suppose I can give you some details. They may change.
    Oh, I was just curious to understand how this had played out. No need to possibly compromise your storyline for my curiosity.

The Hikers strayed too close to the Red Talons territory.
    This setup made the most sense, but I realized when someone said "pulled them from their car" that it had never actually been stated how this happened.

The Caern is most likely going to be level three? I'm looking for a mid sized Caern. I'm still not sure about the Caern levels and what they mean.
    I quoted this in the other thread, but here's a slightly expanded one (to include levels 2 and 3):
    Originally posted by Players Handbook 2nd Ed
    Rank 2
    Average Population: From 8 to 15 Garou
    Average Bawn: 200-350 acres
    Maximum Moon Bridge Distance: 2,000 miles
    Gauntlet: 4
    Advantages: Relatively little politicking; packs can acquire healthy totem spirits; may have a chance to fill a minor Sept position.
    Disadvantages: Still not much raw power; small Bawn for living space; still cramped for Lupus; few defenders if attacked.

Rank 3
    Average Population: From 10 to 20 Garou
    Average Bawn: 350-800 acres
    Maximum Moon Bridge Distance: 3,000 miles
    Gauntlet: 3
    Advantages: Source of significant power; relatively easy to access spirits and mentors; reliable allies within Sept mates
    Disadvantages: AlMost no chance for inexperienced Garou to fill any Sept positions; defence is tricky due to larger size of Bawn; enough Garou for politics and in fighting; large enough to come to the Wyrm’s attention; difficult to expand or maintain properly.
    I really just wanted a plot involving litany breaking that wasn't "I'm working for the Wyrm now" or a First Litany breach. Red Talons eating people and drawing too much attention to themselves just seemed to be an obvious plot.
    This setup nails that perfectly. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun to play through.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    Hmmn how do you think it would be if your an investigator, lawyer or police officer.

if you KNOW theirs more going on then meets the eye...

Anyone played Yakuza 1? it has something like that early on.
    Haven't played that game, but I would imagine the person would be a lot quieter about it. Better to keep that to yourself than alienate yourself when speaking to others. I can see them trying to figure out exactly what's going on. They will be going it alone, and should be justifiably paranoid, the more they learn. There will still be plenty of time to doubt themselves, but I don't think it will be as glaring as with more "normal" people. Knowing they are alone in their search might even feed their motivation to find out more.

Those are the types of people that can go on to become dangerous to the Supernatural communities.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
      It might help to think of each Sept as a separate city-state. Combined they make up the "Garou Nation" but that's really only because they share the same Litany have (theoretically) have the same goals.

Oh, I was just curious to understand how this had played out. No need to possibly compromise your storyline for my curiosity.

This setup made the most sense, but I realized when someone said "pulled them from their car" that it had never actually been stated how this happened.

I quoted this in the other thread, but here's a slightly expanded one (to include levels 2 and 3):

This setup nails that perfectly. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun to play through.

Haven't played that game, but I would imagine the person would be a lot quieter about it. Better to keep that to yourself than alienate yourself when speaking to others. I can see them trying to figure out exactly what's going on. They will be going it alone, and should be justifiably paranoid, the more they learn. There will still be plenty of time to doubt themselves, but I don't think it will be as glaring as with more "normal" people. Knowing they are alone in their search might even feed their motivation to find out more.

Those are the types of people that can go on to become dangerous to the Supernatural communities.

early in the game the protaganist frames himself for murder (to shield a guy who murdered someone for sexually asaulting his sister.

Well one cop could see the guy making a confession was covering for someone... but his superiors decided to just call it a day and conclude the investigation.

Not sure if he shows up again or not...only made it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
        Yes, Fog of War happens and the wrong person is shot during a firefight. Yes, bullets travel far beyond line of sight and occasionally hit civilians....
        ​Agree. Accidents happen (especially in a chaotic environment where everybody has weapons and combatants and civvies are all mixed in with each other), but there's a massive difference between an accident by a 19-year-old PFC, hyped up on adrenaline and scared out of his mind, and cold-blooded murder. Civilians have (understandably, in my opinion) a hard time conceptualizing that making good decisions is far easier when nobody is trying to kill you while you're making it.
        Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
        But dragging civilians out of their cars, executing them, and eating their corpse (which is the equivalent of what the Red Talon did in the above scenario) is a war crime and will be repeated if it is not dealt with.
        ​Dragging civilians out of their cars and shooting them in the head is a war crime... eating them is probably more appropriately dealt with by assigning the offender a nice, padded cell.

Comment

Originally posted by Uniform Two Six View Post
          ​Agree. Accidents happen (especially in a chaotic environment where everybody has weapons and combatants and civvies are all mixed in with each other), but there's a massive difference between an accident by a 19-year-old PFC, hyped up on adrenaline and scared out of his mind, and cold-blooded murder. Civilians have (understandably, in my opinion) a hard time conceptualizing that making good decisions is far easier when nobody is trying to kill you while you're making it.

​Dragging civilians out of their cars and shooting them in the head is a war crime... eating them is probably more appropriately dealt with by assigning the offender a nice, padded cell.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshio_Tachibana

You were saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            "However, as cannibalism was not covered under international law at the time, Tachibana was charged with "prevention of honorable burial"[

Gotta love those loopholes for cannibals........like I said...in war......shit happens

Comment

Since we are already off topic...

Is a Lupus Garou eating a human even considered Cannibalism? Likewise, would a Homid Garou eating a Wolf being considered cannibalism?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Yes, it is covered in Outcaste.

Comment

You mean pariahs

Comment

The title is Outcasts: A Player's Guide to the Pariahs, so you could call it either.

Comment

Since we are already off topic...

Is a Lupus Garou eating a human even considered Cannibalism? Likewise, would a Homid Garou eating a Wolf being considered cannibalism?
                      Yes. Because Garou (even Lupus) are half-human and half-Wolf (and half Spirit. Garou aren't good at math )

Comment

an effective theruge will often find Geometry invaluable for some rites...

but yes, in general your right

Comment

Working...
                        X