A new antagonist idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new antagonist idea

I thought up a new antagonist for Werewolf. It is basically a small town in Louisiana that caught what I call Innsmouth Syndrome. But, instead of Dagon, they worship Eater of Souls. The town is located in the Louisiana bayou and is populated by mostly Cajuns.

The town is led by Rev John Corwin, a wyrm cultist who actually infiltrated the Catholic Church. He encourages the townspeople to do foul rituals in the Wyrm's name. The worst being cannibalism. Some of the townsfolk have already mutated into formori but, visitors assume they are just inbred.

What do you guys think so far?

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    I thought up a new antagonist for Werewolf. It is basically a small town in Louisiana that caught what I call Innsmouth Syndrome. But, instead of Dagon, they worship Eater of Souls. The town is located in the Louisiana bayou and is populated by mostly Cajuns.

The town is led by Rev John Corwin, a wyrm cultist who actually infiltrated the Catholic Church. He encourages the townspeople to do foul rituals in the Wyrm's name. The worst being cannibalism. Some of the townsfolk have already mutated into formori but, visitors assume they are just inbred.

Sounds perfectly workable. I'm not sure how much different it is than most "normal" Wyrm cults. But it should be fun for your players to stumble upon.

Comment

How do they ritually prepare their meals?

I only ask because I read a book about tribal cannibals (forgot the name off thwe top of my head) , and there are some pretty visiually disgusting ways cannibals have gone about preparing their meals.

Comment

Well, a Reverend would be more a type of person to infiltrate (or start) a Protestant Church than a Catholic Church. The Catholic Church uses a more formal 'The Reverend' or 'The Reverend Father' for official correspondences and the informal 'Father' when dealing with parishioners. While priests of the Catholic Church are probably just as likely to fall to the Wyrm as anyone else in a position of power, the Catholic Church tends to keep a close eye of its priests (which is worrying considering how long the Catholic Church knew that specific priests were molesting children), so performing Wyrm rituals would be noticed rather quickly. I would suggest making it into a Holiness Church rather than a Catholic Church as there is not official hierarchy for Holiness Churches (you could even call it a Holiness Catholic Church, which would cause even further confusion).

The safest way to promote Fomori creation is not to engage the townsfolk in Wyrm rituals but, instead, to get them to accidentally consume the products of corruption (people talk and word of massive Wyrm rituals will get around). Have the Reverend and a few of his more fanatical followers who have already because Fomori kidnap strangers, violate them in the first series of Wyrm rituals, sacrifice them in the second series of Wyrm rituals, defile their corpses in the third series of Wyrm rituals, and then mix their flesh with beef and pork to make sausages that are served at the church functions. The thrice contaminated sausages would taint anyone who consumed them and a few dozen of them would become Fomori every year. Heck, the Reverend might have a side business selling 'Heritage Cajun Sausages' online and be making money hand-over-fist while spreading the corruption of the Wyrm to unwitting yuppies.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post

Heck, the Reverend might have a side business selling 'Heritage Cajun Sausages' online and be making money hand-over-fist while spreading the corruption of the Wyrm to unwitting yuppies.
          That's so gross I love it!

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far. I like the sausages idea and i might use it. Also, one of my original ideas was to have the cultists worship a Thunderwyrm but i did not know if that could work or not. I was also thinking of having a Leatherface-like character who can actually be reasoned with. He is basically the son of the Reverend's right-hand man who rules over his son with an iron fist. He is only doing these horrid acts because his father told him to.

Comment

Why can't they also be inbred? I mean you know they are evil... and insane... and deformed...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I just got a vision of inbred swamp people opening up someones belly on a rickety fishing boat and using the still living persons guts to entice a juvenile thunderwyrm which is living in the muck below the water to surface .

The wyrmy weirdo inbreds can then "pray" to the baby thunderwyrm from the shoreline or while they are hovered in the mossy trees overhanging the water.

The juvenile Thunderwyrm has already eaten all of the other natural inhabitants of the swamp (gators , fish, turtles).

The Thunderwyrms shit glows like balefire and floats to the surface of the swampwater giving off heat fumes from its radiation like properties.

The radiation shit can be ingested for its hallucinogenic and vision granting properties.

(sorry didn't mean to hijack)

Comment

Originally posted by WISDOMINCHAINS View Post
                  I just got a vision of inbred swamp people opening up someones belly on a rickety fishing boat and using the still living persons guts to entice a juvenile thunderwyrm which is living in the muck below the water to surface .

The wyrmy weirdo inbreds can then "pray" to the baby thunderwyrm from the shoreline or while they are hovered in the mossy trees overhanging the water.

The juvenile Thunderwyrm has already eaten all of the other natural inhabitants of the swamp (gators , fish, turtles).

The Thunderwyrms shit glows like balefire and floats to the surface of the swampwater giving off heat fumes from its radiation like properties.

The radiation shit can be ingested for its hallucinogenic and vision granting properties.

(sorry didn't mean to hijack)
                  You gots a talent for these neet ideas and images!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Thank You dude, that means a lot!

Comment

With the inbred part I did not do that because I thought it would be considered offensive. Also, they probably worship the Thunderwyrm as a demigod, thinking it is a avatar of Eater- of- Souls. Also, the reptilian disappearing might attract a mokole. What do you guys think of the potential Leatherface import?

Comment

With the inbred part I did not do that because I thought it would be considered offensive. Also, they probably worship the Thunderwyrm as a demigod, thinking it is a avatar of Eater- of- Souls. Also, the reptilian disappearing might attract a mokole. What do you guys think of the potential Leatherface import?
                        I think it all sounds really workable. And giving a more reasonable enemy for the players to interact with on top of all of the other stuff should be fun.

And a Mokole won't show up for the reptiles dying in 1 lake somewhere, if they weren't already invested in said lake.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post

I think it all sounds really workable. And giving a more reasonable enemy for the players to interact with on top of all of the other stuff should be fun.

And a Mokole won't show up for the reptiles dying in 1 lake somewhere, if they weren't already invested in said lake.
                          True with the mobile. Also, I think the reason the Leatherface guy is immune to delirium is due to the fact he is well, not the brightest bulb in the box. In fact, he might be retarded. Also, I got to think of a way to make him last a whole adventure.

Comment

True with the mobile. Also, I think the reason the Leatherface guy is immune to delirium is due to the fact he is well, not the brightest bulb in the box. In fact, he might be retarded. Also, I got to think of a way to make him last a whole adventure.
                            Some people are just immune. Easy enough to do without making an obvious reason. He'll, simplist way would be to give him 10 Willpower.

Comment

Leatherface is fine; maybe the kid is supposed to turn into something like a gorehound but he hates what the cult is pressuring him to do, maybe he even helps folks escape when he can (which is kind of at odds with his monstrous appearance). I also like the idea of the cannibals incorporating the glowing radioactive wyrmspoor into their rituals. Having a bunch of mutated/inbred freaks cavorting about the bayous at night during their feasts might spur on rumors of ghosts... leaving it up to your players to discover what the creepy phantom lights actually are.

Comment

Working...
                              X