No announcement yet.

Tests of Toughness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well contact with silver outside of breed form does 1Agg a turn. So the Garou would have to stay in breed form, or this is likely to literally kill them.

Even in breed form, contact with silver should be uncomfortable. I've generally ruled that it will quickly cause a rash. It's painful enough to be severely unpleasant while not inflicting actual health levels worth of damage.

It's a fluff house rule, but that's how I've always treated it.

Oh... And contact with silver is also one of those things that causes a Rage roll to check for Frenzy. And that roll doesn't say anything about being form specific.
    Last edited by idpersona; 02-07-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

........and they never played swallow the silver ever again.....that cub will be missed

Comment

So I had this idea for cub training which is kind of like a test of toughness.

A local GW pack secured funding somehow (its not that important how) for a wharehouse in the industrial district of some town (these are typically on the outskirts of cities.

Inside the warehouse the pack fashioned fake buildings , a fake street , fake neighborhood or what have you.

The pack hunts down some wyrm creature of relatively low power for an established garou , but a shock/challenge for a cub or cliath , Im thinking a fomor , a vampire, a young BSD etc..

The GW pack injures the prey creature lightly somehow and maybe starves it for a while. They release it into the fake hood

Cub is released into the " faux hood" inside the warehouse as well and is not told why.

they turn the lights off.

The pack watches from the second story warehouse managers office in order to assess the performance of the cub and step in if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by WISDOMINCHAINS View Post
          So I had this idea for cub training which is kind of like a test of toughness.

A local GW pack secured funding somehow (its not that important how) for a wharehouse in the industrial district of some town (these are typically on the outskirts of cities.

Inside the warehouse the pack fashioned fake buildings , a fake street , fake neighborhood or what have you.

The pack hunts down some wyrm creature of relatively low power for an established garou , but a shock/challenge for a cub or cliath , Im thinking a fomor , a vampire, a young BSD etc..

The GW pack injures the prey creature lightly somehow and maybe starves it for a while. They release it into the fake hood

Cub is released into the " faux hood" inside the warehouse as well and is not told why.

they turn the lights off.

The pack watches from the second story warehouse managers office in order to assess the performance of the cub and step in if necessary.
          So I see this as interesting, but slightly unnecessary. Part of the reason is that Garou in general are spread too thin to have the time of resources to jail enemies for this kind of thing.

So some modifications to the idea I would do:
          - Either the pack can get an allied Spirit to participate as the bait/enemy (maybe without the cub even knowing this is set up). And it will be paid for it's service. After all, if it gets discoporated it will just return to the Umbra.
          - Or the pack takes the cub on a live hunt for the exact sort of things you mention. There is little reason to train the cub in a safe space like this faux street. Take them (supervised) out on real hunts. The Garou will learn far fast in real life and death scenarios. And if something goes wrong, you have (possibly an entire pack of) higher Ranked Garou there to take care of things. This is generally how Rokea work when hunting betweeners.

Comment

ROAD KILL! - the young garou play "frogger" and try to dodge traffic. I could see this as a BG game......might draw too much attention maybe....maybe their running an insurance scam

HOT DOG! - firewalking in Lupus form

Last edited by WISDOMINCHAINS; 02-08-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X