Moon Bridge Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Bridge Ideas

I'd like the Garou Nation to be more interconnected in my quest than in the canon setting. So I'm going to take the distances on Moon Bridge table and add them together. For example, a Level 2 caern and a Level 5 caern can be 7000 miles apart and still be connected via moon bridge. This will connect smaller Caerns to Large Caerns on other continents. Smaller Caerns on the same continent will still be connected. Basically, I'm recreating the Airlines map. :P

Of course, you still need a Moon Stone and the Moon stone has to be exchanged from the Caerns. Transporting a Moonstone is very dangerous. If a BSD gets a hand on a Moon Stone, all they need to do is send a small force to infiltrate the Caern and open a Moon Bridge to their pit into the Caern Heart. If a Caern falls to the Wyrm, all other Caerns with that moon stone will break the stone.

With advances in Modern Transportation, there is less of a risk of the Moon Stone falling into the wrong hands. The Exchange of Moonstones is now a political issue. For example, the Get Caern has been honored by a Moonstone from a Russian Silver Fang sept. The Bone Gnawer sept in Houston, however, does not have a Moon Bridge to the Silver Fan Sept.

What do you guys think?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

I wonder what would cause trump style travel bans between Septs for Garou....

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
      I'd like the Garou Nation to be more interconnected in my quest than in the canon setting. So I'm going to take the distances on Moon Bridge table and add them together. For example, a Level 2 caern and a Level 5 caern can be 7000 miles apart and still be connected via moon bridge. This will connect smaller Caerns to Large Caerns on other continents. Smaller Caerns on the same continent will still be connected. Basically, I'm recreating the Airlines map.
      The diameter of the Earth is only 7,917.5 mi. Do you intend for Level 5 Caerns to be connected to virtually every Caern on Earth? If not, why not?

Comment

What do you guys think?
        I think the proposed system is a bit excessive, but I can see why you choose to do it.

I don't mind having packs have to make several jumps to travel a long ways away (or to get to a major Caern) if that's what would be needed. Doing so promotes the idea of a more unified Garou Nation if the travelers have to be on passably good relations with several Septs along the way. There was a thread a while back discussing the amounts of level 5 Caerns (generally what's needed to learn Rank 5 Gifts if you go by the books) and we came to the conclusion that there are probably only 1-3 per continent (under Garou control). But each of those major Caerns could probably connect to each other and smaller Septs would have to arrange to go through them if they wanted to jump to another continent.

This may or may not add anything to how you have planned to handle it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by etherial View Post
          The diameter of the Earth is only 7,917.5 mi. Do you intend for Level 5 Caerns to be connected to virtually every Caern on Earth? If not, why not?
          Ideally, yes. But politics may cause the Caerns not be connected.

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
          I think the proposed system is a bit excessive, but I can see why you choose to do it.

I don't mind having packs have to make several jumps to travel a long ways away (or to get to a major Caern) if that's what would be needed. Doing so promotes the idea of a more unified Garou Nation if the travelers have to be on passably good relations with several Septs along the way. There was a thread a while back discussing the amounts of level 5 Caerns (generally what's needed to learn Rank 5 Gifts if you go by the books) and we came to the conclusion that there are probably only 1-3 per continent (under Garou control). But each of those major Caerns could probably connect to each other and smaller Septs would have to arrange to go through them if they wanted to jump to another continent.

This may or may not add anything to how you have planned to handle it, though.
          Yeah. One of the reasons why I want to make this change is for Level Five Caerns to have more political power. Pissing off the Local Level 5 Caern is a big deal. Having the balance of power shift from one tribe to another at a major Caern is also a big deal.

I see what you are saying now. I think I'll keep things as they are in canon. You'll have to talk to the Glasswalker Sept in LA to jump the pacific to go to Aisa.
          Last edited by wonderandawe; 02-06-2017, 05:20 PM.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by etherial View Post
            The circumference is considerably larger though (~25k miles around), so I don't think that under normal circumstances a Caern could connect to another one on the opposite side of the planet. The Umbra's a pretty weird and awesome place, but so far as I'm aware, Moon Bridges typically don't travel through Earth itself.

Comment

Yeah. One of the reasons why I want to make this change is for Level Five Caerns to have more political power. Pissing off the Local Level 5 Caern is a big deal. Having the balance of power shift from one tribe to another at a major Caern is also a big deal.
              The other day I was trying to figure out how to do the strike-through text. Now I know. Thanks

You'll have to talk to the Glasswalker Sept in LA to jump the pacific to go to Aisa.
              Yep, that's exactly how I see it. And if you are friends with a level 4 or 5 Sept, that opens up a lot of possibilities for where you can Bridge to. Especially since the larger Caerns are much more likely to have Moonstones for the places you want to go, and are going to be safer to go through since they're veritable fortresses of Garou.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
                The other day I was trying to figure out how to do the strike-through text. Now I know. Thanks
                I had to look it up a while ago. Just a simple S BBcode.

Comment

Working...
                X