Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy guns and Weaver Tech

Greetings,

I'll join a Werewolf game soon and I would like to play Glasswalker - a metis with cyberpunk style - who make uses of heavy guns and technological enhancements. However, there are two things that I would like to know:

1) One of the coolest things about werewolves is that they are big and strong enough to handle big guns. However, the best weapons I could find were Assault Rifles and Assault Shotguns. Where are all the funny toys like gatling guns, grenades, etc?

2) I really liked the idea of Bionics/Cybernetics fetishes (WtA: The Book of the Weaver, p. 44-45). But I'm not sure about how it works. For example, some of these fetishes allows to augment physical or mental attributes. Can you increase attributes beyond level 5 with these fetishes?

Another question is about its prerequisites. It states "Variable Rank, Gnosis (2 + Rank)". So in order to have 4-5 levels of this fetish, you would need to have Gnosis 6-7? Sorry if the question seems too obvious, but since english is not my main language, I just want to make sure I got it right or if someone else has a different interpretation.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Carlos; 02-11-2017, 01:12 AM.

Originally posted by Carlos View Post
    1) One of the coolest things about werewolves is that they are big and strong enough to handle big guns. However, the best weapons I could find were Assault Rifles and Assault Shotguns. Where are all the funny toys like gatling guns, grenades, etc?
    Those aren't terribly easy to hide, which makes the whole blending in thing difficult. You can usually find them in Player's guides. 2nd Ed Vampires Players Guide had a bunch of heavy weapons. Rage Across the Amazon had a bunch too, but that's an earlier book.

2) I really liked the idea of Bionics/Cybernetics fetishes (WtA: The Book of the Weaver, p. 44-45). But I'm not sure about how it works. For example, some of these fetishes allows to augment physical or mental attributes. Can you increase attributes beyond level 5 with these fetishes?
    Yes they can. Werewolves have a couple of different ways to push Homid form stats above 5. Fetishes and Totems are the most common.

Another question is about its prerequisites. It states "Variable Rank, Gnosis (2 + Rank)". So in order to have 4-5 levels of this fetish, you would need to have Gnosis 6-7? Sorry if the question seems too obvious, but since english is not my main language, I just want to make sure I got it right or if someone else has a different interpretation.

Thanks in advance.
    The way Fetish Gnosis works is that's the Difficulty to activate said Fetish. That's the Werewolf's Gnosis roll Dif.

So a level 4 Fetish would be Dif 6 to activate.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
      Those aren't terribly easy to hide, which makes the whole blending in thing difficult. You can usually find them in Player's guides. 2nd Ed Vampires Players Guide had a bunch of heavy weapons. Rage Across the Amazon had a bunch too, but that's an earlier book.
      the V2e Player's Guide has a much better selection and actual rules regarding use of support and heavy weapons against armor, so it should have priority over RatA. I've also heard that the Revised Vampire's ST Guide - the booklet that came with the St screen - might have something in it, but they're much more loose than prior rules.

Relatively recent W20 books have also had some must-haves for spiritually-empowered electronics, such as W20 Rage Across the World, which had special USB drive fetishes.

Comment

The Vampire Storyteller Companion was the go to book for Revised era weapons. Make a Ruger Redhawk equivalent pistol and fetish it, or just tweak the stats to represent higher grade/tech weapons. Book of the Weaver is a good cross comparison.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
        X