Using a Nexus Crawler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Nexus Crawler

When is it appropriate to throw a Nexus Crawler into the mix?
    Does anybody have any advice or suggestions in using a Nexus Crawlers power to warp reality?
    How did you present your Nexus Crawler visually?
    What is their purpose?
    Last edited by WISDOMINCHAINS; 02-15-2017, 03:45 PM.

Originally posted by WISDOMINCHAINS View Post
    When is it appropriate to throw a Nexus Crawler into the mix?
    When you are tired of dealing with a problem player
    A more serious answer is: when your players are at a decent enough Rank that you think they can handle it. For me, that's usually been around Rank 4-5.
    Does anybody have any advice or suggestions in using a Nexus Crawlers power to warp reality?
    Don't use the Charm to try and inflict direct damage. From memory, the system didn't handle that terribly well. It was easier to transform a floor to molten silver than to inflict direct changes on a Garou to kill them. The air can likewise be transformed. Nexus Crawlers are made to screw things up on the grand scale. Go big or go home with the Warps.
    How did you present your Nexus Crawler visually?
    I don't remember specific examples, but it changes round to round as well. So keep that in mind and channel your best horror movie visuals.
    What is their purpose?
    How do you mean?
    Thematically? or in setting, what do they do?

Comment

All of the above really. Thematiclly and in setting

Are their "alien" motivations left up to the ST?

What do they "want"?

Comment

Are their "alien" motivations left up to the ST?
        Pretty much. They don't necessarily even have loyalty to the Wyrm either. They are certainly "of the Wyrm", but I don't think it's because of any sort of motivation they have. It's just part of what they are.

OOC, I think the write up is there to give you an idea of the power level spirits can get to while still not being up to the Incarna tier power levels.

Comment

Nexus Crawlers are big problems for groups of high Rank Fera. They are just unfair to send against Mages (I made the mistake of sending one against a party of Masters, there were no survivors).

Comment

If you have a nexus crawler confronting the players and want to freak them out, have its mouths, eyes, tentacles, and less identifiable parts manifest from the characters themselves as it warps reality and folds space around itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
              If you have a nexus crawler confronting the players and want to freak them out, have its mouths, eyes, tentacles, and less identifiable parts manifest from the characters themselves as it warps reality and folds space around itself.
              Shit thats a great idea

Comment

The Nexus Crawler's powers are so vast that I find it hard to know what to do with them. So rather than keep Nexus Crawlers generic in that they can do anything, I try to give them individual names and concepts and interpret their break reality powers through that. Paradoxically, by restricting its powers to some degree, I'm able to do more with them. It gives me a focus as an ST so that I can come up with more descriptive effects and really bother the PCs. You can use a lot of horror movies and stories as inspiration. Pennywise from Stephen King's IT is my idea of what a Nexus Crawler should be like.

Of course, I've never actually played with a Nexus Crawlers as the PCs were never high enough level. The most I got was jotting down a few ideas at the beginning of the chronicle to help me prepare.

Comment

I find that Nexus Crawlers are best used in peripheral encounters. Nexus Crawlers will go after the most visibly interesting opponents first and will not necessarily go after people who are running for their lives. The Nexus Crawler appears and, if they are smart, the PCs run for hills while the Nexus Crawler plays with more interesting toys. When the PCs come back later, the area is destroyed or transformed and the mortals are mutated or dead. Your PCs might find a few gibbering survivors who were violated in hentai fashion by the Nexus Crawler but are relatively physically unharmed.
                  Last edited by Aya Tari; 02-18-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X