Wyrm Tainted Steroids?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyrm Tainted Steroids?

I have a question. What would Wyrm Tainted steroids do to athletes? I want to know because I came up with a campaign where the main antagonist is a sports company giving their athletes tainted steroids.

Throwbacks. Page 65 in Freak Legion.

The comic in the back of the book is an ad for Dr. Veridian's Workout Program (also covered on page 82). It seems to be pretty much exactly the sort of thing you are thinking about.
    Last edited by idpersona; 02-19-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Well IRL steroids can increase your aggression. Since the Wyrm is a destructive force, make the athletes using their products short fuses, vandals and increasingly violent. Star swimmer hits her boyfriend and his kids, that bodybuilder beats up guys who ogle him in the locker room.

Comment

it can also give you a foot long perpetualy errect penis.

part of why throwbacks dont get to be reprinted.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          it can also give you a foot long perpetualy errect penis.

part of why throwbacks dont get to be reprinted.
          That ridiculous "power" is easy enough to ignore though. The rest of the writeup is solid. And not terribly far fetched either.
          Last edited by idpersona; 02-19-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

ojust out of curiousity

Why are sicklungs not reprinted? theirs nothing so ludicrous about them.

Comment

If you want to represent the effects, you can make them easily with Possessed or W20. With Possessed, a typical example would have Berserker [3], Bulky [3], Unnatural Strength [6], Addiction (Steroids, Weekly) [-3] and Urges (Violence) [-3]. With W20, a typical example would have Berserker and Unnatural Strength.

Comment

As someone whose done a few...ahem...cycles of them, steroids and Pentex(specifically Magadon) go together like peanut butter and jelly. I'd just amp up the effects exponentially.

From the positives(muscle stamina for increased reps and gym workload), to the negatives(testicles, back acne, receding hairline).

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

I had to take Steriods to in the first 3 days I was hospitalized for MS

Doctor said they werent the same kind that makes you buff.

Comment

Anabolic steroids that the type that enhance muscle growth. There are many other types of steroids.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. If real life anabolic steroids can make a guy aggressive I guess Wyrm tainted steroids can make a guy homicidal, right?

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
                        That ridiculous "power" is easy enough to ignore though. The rest of the writeup is solid. And not terribly far fetched either.
                        Ridiculous? It's the best power of ALL WoD!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karlgust View Post

Ridiculous? It's the best power of ALL WoD!!

Its kind of sort of themanticly appropiate...

but causes everyone to burst out giggling (Myself included)

Comment

Wyrm steroids cause boners? Huh, I don't know if that is a flaw or upside. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
                              Wyrm steroids cause boners? Huh, I don't know if that is a flaw or upside. LOL
                              The power (that wasn't reprinted) was called "Savage Genitalia". It covered all manner of lethal genitals.

Most people laugh about it and treat it as a joke (as evidenced above). It's one of the suggested powers for Throwbacks. Ignore it if you don't think it matters for the Fomori Breed. But if it does get used (and I have in game), it should be anything but funny. That 2 point power is the stuff of horror (barbs, spikes, teeth, razors, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                              X