Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Problem Players make me never want to run a game again"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With Erebus, if you end up there you usually are not healthy in mind or soul. But more important than that, as much as I'm glad my character lived through it, he deserved every agg level he was given. I heard a phrase used once about portraying redemption to characters who have done wrong. What of the voice of their victims? Those they hurt and damaged and killed? Are they going to be silenced?


    To me, Erebus is that voice. The retribution for all the harm they did and lives they took needlesly.

    These are not good or nice people, they have hurt others willingly. Whether Weaver tainted, Wyld or Wyrm, to get far enough to need a silver bath, you still hurt and killed others. Especially with BSDs, even if they regret their deeds, their victims don't need to forgive them. Most possibly don't, ever. And that is their right, even if through erebus' rivers.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
      These are not good or nice people, they have hurt others willingly. Whether Weaver tainted, Wyld or Wyrm, to get far enough to need a silver bath, you still hurt and killed others. Especially with BSDs, even if they regret their deeds, their victims don't need to forgive them. Most possibly don't, ever. And that is their right, even if through erebus' rivers.
      I agree. If you have been so tainted by one of the Traits less extreme methods of cleansing won't work, your mind has been corrupted by the trait. You would have committed awful acts in the trait's name. A character sent to Erebus may be sympathetic, but these aren't good people. Your average werewolf should not be sent to Erebus for simply breaking the litany. Hell, I don't think they should be sent for breaking the litany multiple times. Erebus worthy crimes are crimes combined with irreversible taint. This should be serial killer/rapist, traitor to the Garou nation, a whole sept died because of their actions. Really bad "this guy is a villain of the story" shit.

      Erebus has a place in the setting and that place is the path of last resort. Yes, it is an ordeal. Some may call it torture, but Werewolf is a brutal game. Erebus should be only considered when Death is the other punishment option. Death would be easier and more sure method of retribution, but some Philodox thought this corrupted soul was worth saving. So into the silver lake they go. If they make it out, then that vindicates the Philodox's judgement. If they don't, well.... Erebus is a fitting punishment for their crimes.

      Note, these are my opinions and how I would use Erebus in a game. YMMV
      Last edited by wonderandawe; 03-09-2017, 06:00 PM.


      Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

      The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

      Comment


      • I generally think that Erebus should also be used voluntarily by Garou who have committed other sins beyond being tainted. The weight of innocent lives lost to the Wyrm can be great, and Erebus offers an option other than Harano. Regardless of your sins, you are forgiven when you leave Erebus, though I think every Garou only gets one ticket in.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
          I generally think that Erebus should also be used voluntarily by Garou who have committed other sins beyond being tainted. The weight of innocent lives lost to the Wyrm can be great, and Erebus offers an option other than Harano. Regardless of your sins, you are forgiven when you leave Erebus, though I think every Garou only gets one ticket in.

          Heck, if some Garou wants to seek out Erebus to cleanse what she considers the taint of her soul, more power to her. I just don't think the Garou as a whole should be trigger happy with the Rite of the Silver Forge.


          Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

          The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post


            Heck, if some Garou wants to seek out Erebus to cleanse what she considers the taint of her soul, more power to her. I just don't think the Garou as a whole should be trigger happy with the Rite of the Silver Forge.
            I like to treat going Erebus as the " nuclear option" since it can derail a campaign pretty quick, especially if the infraction is bad but not "lake of burning silver bad". I'll usually have some elder philodox give the player or pack some epic deed to perform (go slay this wyrm thing or find missing caren X) to atone for what they done did.

            Comment

            Working...
            X