Thoughts on future werewolf 5ed by looking at the BNS book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
    Oh, hit the wrong quote! I was actually trying to quote the line about tribe popularity impacting who got tune ups and who ended up worse...if LARP popularity was why i'd be epically disappointed
    Well, regardless, it is pretty bad. I haven't checked the Wendigo section well, but hopefully they got out luckier. Stargazer section is kinda ugh, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

I'd wager it has a lot more to do with the popularity of the Tribes in the bigger LARP communities. Lupus and the Red Talons in particular tend to be poorly regarded in a lot of LARPs I've seen, and I wouldn't be surprised if that mentality went into making the Talons worse for playing in BNS WtA.
      Mine is only one perspective but in my experiences Red Talons have been one of the more popular tribes in LARP, to the point that they're usually restricted because more people want to play them than can necessarily really RP Lupus well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
        ...more people want to play them than can necessarily really RP Lupus well.
        Honestly, I find this to be the flip side of the same coin. The mentality that you have to RP "so well" to be allowed to play a Lupus (as if that's the only kind of Garou that can be very tough to RP well), is just a nice way of looking down on most Lupus characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
          Mine is only one perspective but in my experiences Red Talons have been one of the more popular tribes in LARP, to the point that they're usually restricted because more people want to play them than can necessarily really RP Lupus well.
          I've seen the same thing but most of the players that take them is because of the gift/gnosis spread or because they a huge furries. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)
          Last edited by BurritoMage; 03-13-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

Honestly, I find this to be the flip side of the same coin. The mentality that you have to RP "so well" to be allowed to play a Lupus (as if that's the only kind of Garou that can be very tough to RP well), is just a nice way of looking down on most Lupus characters.
            I can see what you're saying, but I would say the overall mentality is not as much an objection to Lupus specifically but objection to Lupus being portrayed poorly. Any Lupus concept tends to be met with greater scrutiny than a Homid concept, and as Red Talons are all Lupus that means that Red Talons as a Tribe tend to have more road blocks in the way of playing them. Though as I mentioned before this hasn't put any visible damper on their popularity.

Regardless of the reasoning though I would say that you are correct in that the net effect is discouraging Lupus and Red Talon concepts in LARP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post

I've seen the same thing but most of the players that take them is because of the gift/gnosis spread or because they a huge furries. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)
              Gifts and Gnosis definitely help. The main thing in the groups I've played in has been a desire to play what they perceived as the most hardline Tribe, as a lot of werewolf LARPers I've known tend to be really into Garou's various neoprimitive schticks.

Comment

Working...
              X