Would this be Weaver or Wyld tainted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be Weaver or Wyld tainted?

I have a question. I thought up a interesting storyhook where a corporation called Prism is doing a top secret project to create what they call " a new Garden of Eden" . My question is will this project reek of the Wyld or Weaver ?

I guess I would need to know more of the project details. With that kinda name it could go both ways really

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
      ...a corporation...top secret project...
      Weaver, almost certainly. Unless they open a portal to Pangaia or something.

Comment

Basically the project is being headed by a botanist named Nigel Carlswell, a Englishmen. This project is taking place on a island in the South Pacific where Prism sent a staff of scientists, security personal and God knows what else there to begin research. They are basically working on a way to make a island as bountiful as The Garden of Eden and possibly make a artificial ecosystem able to sustain life. I figured making life would be a Wyld thing. But, the ways of making that life is probably of the Weaver.

Comment

Basically the project is being headed by a botanist named Nigel Carlswell, a Englishmen. This project is taking place on a island in the South Pacific where Prism sent a staff of scientists, security personal and God knows what else there to begin research. They are basically working on a way to make a island as bountiful as The Garden of Eden and possibly make a artificial ecosystem able to sustain life. I figured making life would be a Wyld thing. But, the ways of making that life is probably of the Weaver.
          It would probably be both

Comment

Originally posted by Karlgust View Post

It would probably be both
            So, some kind of dual Weaver- Wyld taint? I wonder if that could work. I am also wondering how Werewolves and other shapechangers would react to it.

Comment

So, some kind of dual Weaver- Wyld taint? I wonder if that could work. I am also wondering how Werewolves and other shapechangers would react to it.
              Well, vampires are Weaver-Wyrm, so, I see no problem with that.

The Fera would probably have mixed fellings about it, but I bet most of them wouldn't look too favorably to it. However, as the world becomes ever more shittier, they may see it as a great chance to create something capable do hold the Wyrm at bay, só. The

Comment

The Storm Eater of the Wyld West was a very powerful spirit made of the merging of a great Weaver spirit and a huge Bane. It was unequivocally an enemy of the North American Garou.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post
                  The Storm Eater of the Wyld West was a very powerful spirit made of the merging of a great Weaver spirit and a huge Bane. It was unequivocally an enemy of the North American Garou.
                  So, would that mean mixing Weaver and Wyld taint would make most fera see this project as a abomination? Also, Prism is a corporation that does agriculture.

Comment

So, would that mean mixing Weaver and Wyld taint would make most fera see this project as a abomination? Also, Prism is a corporation that does agriculture.
                    Not necessarily. The Glasswalkers would be all for it. Children of Gaia (well, "a" Child of Gaia) have done something similar before (with terrible consequences, but they did try).

Personally I think you'd have a good third of the Tribes interested at the very least. Mind you, they may not want humans meddling in things like this and might try and get some kinfolk working in there is initial investigations (by Garou) revealed the company was on the up and up.

Worth remembering: Most things in the world are made up of degrees of "taint" from varying members of the Triat.
                    Also, most Garou don't go around sensing for Wyld or Weaver taint. They don't usually have the abilities (Gifts) to do so. Some Camps here and there had specific Gifts for it, but they weren't terribly common. Some of the other Fera had Sense Triat and Sense Weaver and Sense Wyld Gifts though.

Comment

There are probably going to be three interested Tribes. Bone Gnawers would be interested because they are the sea dogs of the Garou, so they love traveling between the Pacific Islands. Children of Gaia are interested because of the potential for teaching humans to appreciate Gaia. Glass Walkers would be interested because it uses technology to improve the environment. You will also have Rokea interested in the project.

Of course, the problem is that practically every Pacific Island of decent size is a Garden of Eden. I would suggest changing the location to the Desolation Islands (Kerguelen Islands) of the Indian Ocean instead. They are one of the most isolated places of Earth, they are pretty barren, and no one lives there permanently. It is also on the equivalent latitude as Paris, which shows you how important ocean currents are to habitation.

Comment

...botanist...staff of scientists...security personal...research...artificial ecosystem...
                        Weaver...Weaver...Weaver...Weaver...Weaver...

"Life" is not inherently Wyld. Life is just life. Manufacturing life is Weaver. Farms, Gardens, Greenhouses, Botanical Gardens, these are all more Weaver than Wyld.
                        Last edited by etherial; 03-01-2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by etherial View Post
                          Weaver...Weaver...Weaver...Weaver...Weaver...

"Life" is not inherently Wyld. Life is just life. Manufacturing life is Weaver. Farms, Gardens, Greenhouses, Botanical Gardens, these are all more Weaver than Wyld.
                          Good point. Well, i am sure the Weaver's involvement in this would attract some fera. I was thinking about three possible twists for this storyline.
                          One: The scientists are using the Abyss to travel back in time to gather rare plants for their garden, unaware of the damage they might cause in the process..
                          Two: They are tearing holes in the Umbra and are trying to recruit plant spirits to help them.
                          Three: This is secretly a Shinzui plot.
                          Which one do you like more?

Comment

The first is impossible, the second is improbable, and the third is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                              The first is impossible, the second is improbable, and the third is possible.
                              With the Abyss one, I figured that was possible due to Shattered Dreams. The Shinzui plot Idea is probably gonna be a theory that is thrown around by PCs. I was also thinking of including a drone that is either head of security or a scientist. Also, the Desolate Islands are near Madagascar so wouldn't that attract Africa's shapeshifters?

Comment

Working...
                              X