Would this be Weaver or Wyld tainted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idpersona View Post

Without the running into the wall thing, this works as a completely serious scene.
    Really? I guess the whole rage would be a problem long after the scientists disappear. I can just picture a Garou clawing at the wall while howling with rage, thinking the scientists are behind it. I think it would lead to a argument in the pack and leave the Garou wondering where the men in lab coats went.

Also, I am wondering what would happen if the scientists try to bring a animal with them back from Pangaea.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
      Really? I guess the whole rage would be a problem long after the scientists disappear. I can just picture a Garou clawing at the wall while howling with rage, thinking the scientists are behind it. I think it would lead to a argument in the pack and leave the Garou wondering where the men in lab coats went.
      They're Garou, not animals. They'll figure out what's going on at least somewhat quickly, even if they won't know the exact rules of the portal. I'm not entirely convinced of the Frenzy thing, though anger and assault in Crinos is a distinct possibility which still leads to the scientists running away with the cave closing behind them.
      Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
      Also, I am wondering what would happen if the scientists try to bring a animal with them back from Pangaea.
      This one is entirely up to you. Decide for yourself whether the emanations have enough staying power to exist in the material world. And if they do, for how long (it could very well be indefinite). For your New Eden planting project, you kind of need the emanations to be able to stick around though.

Comment

Yes, that would be the promise of a Converter Gate (and the danger). The utility of a place like the Desolation Islands is that they are so remote and so uninhabited that the random dinosaur walking out of the portal would not be noticed (and would likely die of exposure long before it died of starvation). Of course, that could be the reason why the portal was discovered, when a biologist assigned to the Desolation Islands during the summer finds a living Compsognathus longipes(or other small dinosaur) foraging on dead fish on the shore of the main island.

Comment

I guess a emanation could survive outside the Umbra. I already planned what happens after the scientists flee. All the PCs find from the scientists campsite is a scrap of clothing with a rainbow on it. When they get back to the Material Plane, they ask one of their elders if he recognizes the symbol and the elder points them out to a kinfolk who reveals the symbol to be a logo of a Agricultural company named Prism. They meet with the kinfolk and a buddy of his, who is a employee of Prism. The buddy tells them about the research facility but, before he could tell them where it is, he suddenly dies. It is revealed later that someone slipped poison in his coffee. After a bit of investigation and possibly a few run ins with Prism employees. They find out the location of the facility.

Comment

Working...
          X