Would this be Weaver or Wyld tainted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killerclown
    started a topic Would this be Weaver or Wyld tainted?

Would this be Weaver or Wyld tainted?

I have a question. I thought up a interesting storyhook where a corporation called Prism is doing a top secret project to create what they call " a new Garden of Eden" . My question is will this project reek of the Wyld or Weaver ?

• Killerclown
    replied
    I guess a emanation could survive outside the Umbra. I already planned what happens after the scientists flee. All the PCs find from the scientists campsite is a scrap of clothing with a rainbow on it. When they get back to the Material Plane, they ask one of their elders if he recognizes the symbol and the elder points them out to a kinfolk who reveals the symbol to be a logo of a Agricultural company named Prism. They meet with the kinfolk and a buddy of his, who is a employee of Prism. The buddy tells them about the research facility but, before he could tell them where it is, he suddenly dies. It is revealed later that someone slipped poison in his coffee. After a bit of investigation and possibly a few run ins with Prism employees. They find out the location of the facility.

Leave a comment:

• Aya Tari
    replied
    Yes, that would be the promise of a Converter Gate (and the danger). The utility of a place like the Desolation Islands is that they are so remote and so uninhabited that the random dinosaur walking out of the portal would not be noticed (and would likely die of exposure long before it died of starvation). Of course, that could be the reason why the portal was discovered, when a biologist assigned to the Desolation Islands during the summer finds a living Compsognathus longipes(or other small dinosaur) foraging on dead fish on the shore of the main island.

Leave a comment:

• idpersona
    replied
    Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    Really? I guess the whole rage would be a problem long after the scientists disappear. I can just picture a Garou clawing at the wall while howling with rage, thinking the scientists are behind it. I think it would lead to a argument in the pack and leave the Garou wondering where the men in lab coats went.
    They're Garou, not animals. They'll figure out what's going on at least somewhat quickly, even if they won't know the exact rules of the portal. I'm not entirely convinced of the Frenzy thing, though anger and assault in Crinos is a distinct possibility which still leads to the scientists running away with the cave closing behind them.
    Also, I am wondering what would happen if the scientists try to bring a animal with them back from Pangaea.
    This one is entirely up to you. Decide for yourself whether the emanations have enough staying power to exist in the material world. And if they do, for how long (it could very well be indefinite). For your New Eden planting project, you kind of need the emanations to be able to stick around though.

Leave a comment:

• Killerclown
    replied
    Originally posted by idpersona View Post

Without the running into the wall thing, this works as a completely serious scene.
    Really? I guess the whole rage would be a problem long after the scientists disappear. I can just picture a Garou clawing at the wall while howling with rage, thinking the scientists are behind it. I think it would lead to a argument in the pack and leave the Garou wondering where the men in lab coats went.

Also, I am wondering what would happen if the scientists try to bring a animal with them back from Pangaea.

Leave a comment:

• idpersona
    replied
    You make a good point. I would think that most Garou would probably be curious or confused. I also came up with a consequence if one pc gets all Crinos friendly and charges down the hill towards the scientists. The scientists see you coming, freak out and flee back to the cave, under the effect of the Delirium. Luckily for them, the portal back to the station opened and they blindly run back to the Material Plane. Unfortunately, the portal closes after that and the crinos, in a blind rage, runs into the cave wall.

Sorry if that seemed cartoonish.
    Without the running into the wall thing, this works as a completely serious scene.

Leave a comment:

• Killerclown
    replied
    You make a good point. I would think that most Garou would probably be curious or confused. I also came up with a consequence if one pc gets all Crinos friendly and charges down the hill towards the scientists. The scientists see you coming, freak out and flee back to the cave, under the effect of the Delirium. Luckily for them, the portal back to the station opened and they blindly run back to the Material Plane. Unfortunately, the portal closes after that and the crinos, in a blind rage, runs into the cave wall.

Sorry if that seemed cartoonish.

Leave a comment:

• idpersona
    replied
    Spirits being a hallucination is a great explanation for the scientists to use. Now, I am picturing how Garou would react. A Glasswalker, Uktena or Stargazer would be curious about how a bunch of humans got there and investigate. A Child of Gaia would currently be interested and would want to talk to the scientists. A Red Talon, Black Fury, or Get would probably be pissed . Not sure how Silver Fangs, Bone Gnawers, Wendigo or Shadow Lord would react.
    Eh, I think the reactions will vary a lot based on the players you have. The Talons are the only ones I think I would generalize into a they'd be pissed category.

Slight tangent: So this was actually how it happened in the game I set up: First, the players played scientists from the future that were sent back in time because everything in the future had kind of gone to hell (this was a storyline lifted from a show called Terra Nova). They thought they were sent back to an alternate timeline. The Players play through the trials of carving out a new life in the prehistoric past. The alternate timeline idea also explains why some of the animals and plants are out of place.

Next part of the game, we skip to the Garou PCs. They were sent on an Umbral quest to retrieve something from Pangea for an Elder. They stumble across the settlers (scientists and security, but mostly families) and have to figure out what the hell is going on. They sneak in and pretend to be part of the settlement and find out about the time travel thing. All of the players at least were really interested and the characters had different reactions. Only 1 of them wanted to slaughter the humans to rid Pangea of them.
    (later on the PCs find out that the settlers are emanations from the CyberRealm setting up a colony in Pangea, but all of the emanations completely believe the time travel story)

So back on topic: I think the Garou reaction to something like this isn't so clear cut. Humans gaining (somewhat unique) access to Pangea isn't world ending. But it is something they will have to put thought into for a solution. Knee jerk reactions don't do anyone any good.

Leave a comment:

• idpersona
    replied
    Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
    They might think it was a hallucination.
    I think that's fairly likely conclusion. It would still be a jarring experience.

Leave a comment:

• Killerclown
    replied
    Spirits being a hallucination is a great explanation for the scientists to use. Now, I am picturing how Garou would react. A Glasswalker, Uktena or Stargazer would be curious about how a bunch of humans got there and investigate. A Child of Gaia would currently be interested and would want to talk to the scientists. A Red Talon, Black Fury, or Get would probably be pissed . Not sure how Silver Fangs, Bone Gnawers, Wendigo or Shadow Lord would react.

Leave a comment:

• Aya Tari
    replied
    They might think it was a hallucination.

Leave a comment:

• idpersona
    replied
    I could picture their reactions if they run into a dodo bird. One will probably to rationalize it saying it is a bird very similar to it while another will spout some kind of dumb theory about time travel. There will also probably be that guy who wants to kill and eat the dodo because they are stranded there for another week.
    That sounds like a range of human reactions
    Ultimately, this portion of it seems like it will be entirely off screen so I wouldn't worry too much about it (though it is admittedly fun to run through mentally).

Also, if they do run into a outside spirit, they would probably freak out and flee or be very curious. Not sure how the spirit would react.
    This wholly depends on the spirit in question. There is an okay chance that the scientists don't even notice it. Most elemental spirits will move about with the scientists none the wiser. Animals spirits could just be an odd or out of place animal moving through. It's the weird spirits that will really stick out. A mobile (and seemingly sentient) color ribbon will raise more than a few flags for the stranded team, not that there would be much they could really do about it.

Leave a comment:

• Killerclown
    replied
    Originally posted by idpersona View Post
    This is more than a bit overstated. It's a fun idea, but it will neither prevent or cause the Apocalypse (without much more interesting/dire things going on).

Sounds like a solid story or chronicle idea.
    Commenting on the line I underlined from the quote above: Fera aren't swarming over Pangea, so not encountering them isn't too odd. And it's a Realm, so it it as large as you need it to be (meaning the chance of running across anything you don't need for your story can be miniscule).
    On the spirit side, it is less black and white. There could be a discussion of emanations vs spirits, but personally I just used emanations and treated them as physical beings for all intents and purposes. And you can very easily have the scientists never encounter outside spirits so you don't really need to worry about the scientists having to deal with possible talking wind. For them, they really are in a past time, dealing with extinct species of plants (and very probably animals).
    I could picture their reactions if they run into a dodo bird. One will probably to rationalize it saying it is a bird very similar to it while another will spout some kind of dumb theory about time travel. There will also probably be that guy who wants to kill and eat the dodo because they are stranded there for another week. Also, if they do run into a outside spirit, they would probably freak out and flee or be very curious. Not sure how the spirit would react.

Leave a comment:

• idpersona
    replied
    as it would possible be the key to preventing the Apocalypse (or the key for causing the Apocalypse).
    This is more than a bit overstated. It's a fun idea, but it will neither prevent or cause the Apocalypse (without much more interesting/dire things going on).

I came with a scenario for how they found a portal to Pangaea. They arrived on the island and immediately had survey teams head out and scout the island. They disappeared for a few days and the head scientist was about to send in a rescue squad when the surveyors suddenly came back. They told about walking into a cave and finding themselves in a lush field. When they tried to go back through the cave, they found only a wall of stone. So they ended up stranded in this field for three days until the cave finally opened up. They also brought back some samples, which were mostly some apples and a clover.

The Botanist in charge of the program decided to investigate this cave himself and went with the surveyors along with a security guard and three scientists to this " miracle cave". Once they arrived, the Head Botanist went in the cave along with the security guard and the two other scientists, and disappeared for a week. Once they came back, they conformed the surveyors description of the filed and brought back more samples. This discovery has caused many more expeditions into Pangaea. It is a miracle they haven't run into any Fera or Spirit yet.

Also, I was thinking about a adding a drone to the staff as head of security.
    Sounds like a solid story or chronicle idea.
    Commenting on the line I underlined from the quote above: Fera aren't swarming over Pangea, so not encountering them isn't too odd. And it's a Realm, so it it as large as you need it to be (meaning the chance of running across anything you don't need for your story can be miniscule).
    On the spirit side, it is less black and white. There could be a discussion of emanations vs spirits, but personally I just used emanations and treated them as physical beings for all intents and purposes. And you can very easily have the scientists never encounter outside spirits so you don't really need to worry about the scientists having to deal with possible talking wind. For them, they really are in a past time, dealing with extinct species of plants (and very probably animals).

Leave a comment:

• Killerclown
    replied
    How would you play a Converter Gate to Pangaea WISDOMINCHAINS? I would make it into the focal point of an entire arc of campaigns, as it would possible be the key to preventing the Apocalypse (or the key for causing the Apocalypse). Would a Converter Gate to Pangaea be something that you would find interesting for your game Killerclown?
    Sure, in fact i wrote a explanation for how they discovered it in the post above you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X