Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would YOU change in the W:tA setting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the best way to do a comically evil corperation would actually be to justify the seemingly pointless/comic evil.

In my games, certain banes and other evil entities will grant power for favour. Think of pouring toxic waste into the swamp as chimage for an amazing cock and a winning smile, the misery of your enemies and a blessed life. If you take a step further and lace your drugs with harmful chemicals, the spirit'll go further and grant you fame, brains, and'll ensure your profits increase for the next year. Throw a few children into a fire and you'll get a few more years to enjoy all this. You can't back out, terrible things'll happen when you do that.

When you turn around and start playing vampire or mage, maybe these spirits go on offer.

Be correct.

Comment

• A bunch of stuff

Biggest one though would probably have to be the rules for determining what animals are viable breeding stock. They are already super arbitrary.

Example, Bunyips breeding with Thylacine make absolutely no sense since there were more than likely dingos on the island at that time. I would make any canine close to wolves viable partners

That means the Nuwisha are no longer going to be their own a separate breed. They're probably going to be a new garou tribe or the "pure tribe" word for ragahbash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augustus Dens View Post
        A bunch of stuff

Biggest one though would probably have to be the rules for determining what animals are viable breeding stock. They are already super arbitrary.

Example, Bunyips breeding with Thylacine make absolutely no sense since there were more than likely dingos on the island at that time. I would make any canine close to wolves viable partners
        Nitpicking purely with regard to the time table, dingoes arrived to Australia a few thousand years ago. Aboriginal Australians, however, had already been living there for tens of thousands years by the time that this happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augustus Dens View Post

There weren't dingoes in Australia at the time. Canines didn't show up there till 4,000 years ago. Humans (and Garou with them) came 18,000 years ago. Hence the need for the Mokole ritual to adapt to their wolfless home.

I'm not bashing your table-canon here! I've played with an alternate setting myself where coyote & dingo shifters are part of the broader Werewolf tribes. I'm just providing information about the official canon if that changes anything.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

There weren't dingoes in Australia at the time. Canines didn't show up there till 4,000 years ago. Humans (and Garou with them) came 18,000 years ago. Hence the need for the Mokole ritual to adapt to their wolfless home.
            Nitpick - humans have been living in Australia around 40-50k years.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I'm not bashing your table-canon here! I've played with an alternate setting myself where coyote & dingo shifters are part of the broader Werewolf tribes. I'm just providing information about the official canon if that changes anything.

Actually there's some theories that point to 12000 years ago for when the Dingos were introduced to Australia, at least that's the cut off as no remains have ever been found in Tasmania and that's when it broke off from Australia proper.

Comment

• I actually only have a secondary source here, I've never read the relevant books, but I absolutely can't fathom Jonas Albrecth and his pack as being cannon. The player who talks about them obviously loves Jonas and the silver fangs are an obvious favourite. But I'm a more cynical bent and they're obviously the result of a self indulgent table thinking their chronicle should be canon.

Would like to see the Shadow lords take leadership of the nation though.

Be correct.

Comment

• A better case than the whole mess that is Australia in WtA, is the maned wolf of South America. While in a distinct from from the Lupus genus, they get called wolves in general language for a reason.

Letting them be valid lupus kin has a bunch of positive effects: It extends the southern range of the Uktena much farther south, Letting the Wendigo and Croatoan spread out a bit more. It adds a lot of the more multicultural side of the Uktena if they have a much larger presence in the maned wolf's range, because that means a lot of presence in Brazil making it easier to draw a difference between the Uktena who are multicultural mostly due to a lack of intermarriage and combining cultures, and the Children of Gaia who are more focused on promoting diversity as a positive. It also makes the Amazon War a lot more interesting because it's not just Western Garou storming into Fera territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by PewPew View Post
                    I actually only have a secondary source here, I've never read the relevant books, but I absolutely can't fathom Jonas Albrecth and his pack as being cannon.
                    I mean... they are? They're all official characters and their pack is objectively in the books as something that exists. Whether you like them or not, it is what it is.

Would like to see the Shadow lords take leadership of the nation though.

Eh? What's the point though? For all that I know people don't like the BNS WtA metaplot, I'd prefer the Nation having a schism between those that stay loyal to the Fangs, and those that pick the new leadership of the Lords. The schism (esp. as a new development where individual Septs might get stuck in very precarious situations) adds a lot more story potential than a flat overthrow, and adds an "epic thing for the PCs to do," in resolving the schism while the Apocalypse looms.

Comment

• From the WtA artbook, proof that the rando pack is canon;

https://i.imgur.com/gRGooQZ.png

Mind, they aren't the best written pack by far and ARE pretty weird as an example pack in general.

My gallery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Nitpick - humans have been living in Australia around 40-50k years.
                        I always get that number wrong! Damn it!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
                          From the WtA artbook, proof that the rando pack is canon;

https://i.imgur.com/gRGooQZ.png

Mind, they aren't the best written pack by far and ARE pretty weird as an example pack in general.

So I've never really thought too hard on them. Aside from Evan....what are people's issue with the other two?

As for the Maned Wolf, I want to say Rage Across the Amazon had them as Uktena kin....or am I bleeding in some other book into my head? (Revised Tribe? Croatan Song?) As it is though, the Uktena cover A LOT of cultural territory, especially after the death of the Croatan.
                          Last edited by CeltSPZ; 02-11-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

I mean... they are? They're all official characters and their pack is objectively in the books as something that exists. Whether you like them or not, it is what it is.
                            What would YOU change in the W:tA setting?

They're garbage.

Be correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post

So I've never really thought too hard on them. Aside from Evan....what are people's issue with the other two?
                              For me, Mari's markings are kinda goofy, but that isn't a serious issue.

Main issue is that they don't have a pack name nor a totem. They are pack basically because the setting says they are one. That, and its unknown if they have Anthony the Stargazer and Lupa the Silver Fang from Rage across New York as members.

Poorly defined, basically.
                              Last edited by Ana Mizuki; 02-11-2018, 04:21 PM.

My gallery.

Comment

• PewPew

"This is garbage" doesn't say what you'd change. It's simply stating a dislike for something in the official setting. Dumping them from your setting is a change... though Jonas at least needs some consideration unless you're doing a much larger change since he actually matters to stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X