The life of a Lupus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The life of a Lupus

They are born like wolves, does that mean that they will get the chance to transform to their human form only after their First Change?

If they are raised by Garou, would they do anything important until their First Change?

How would they get the knowledge to shapeshift into their Human form? Why would they even want to do it? Is it possible for a Lupus to stay in his natural form, the wolf, during his whole life going to Crinos only in wars and battles?

Yes, even Metis cannot transform before the First Change. No, probably not, considering they will only be a year old when they experience the First Change. They intuitively gain the knowledge to transform into human form (it is magic), and being human and wolf is part of being a Garou. No, probably not, as losing the human should be considered as bad as losing the wolf.

Comment

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ng-lupus-metis This thread has good discussion on this.

My gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Goran. View Post
        They are born like wolves, does that mean that they will get the chance to transform to their human form only after their First Change?
        Yep.
        If they are raised by Garou, would they do anything important until their First Change?
        Sometimes (rarely) hunt beside their Garou family. They only have a year or 2 though, so their time is somewhat limited.

How would they get the knowledge to shapeshift into their Human form?
        Being taught. The same way Homids learn to take other forms.

Why would they even want to do it?
        To blend in. To travel through human settlements. To experience new senses. Curiosity. There are a number of reasons.

Is it possible for a Lupus to stay in his natural form, the wolf, during his whole life going to Crinos only in wars and battles?
        Yes. Though it's unlikely. The various forms have a number of advantages.
        Also worth adding, if the Lupus is that against taking human form, they are probably more comfortable fighting in Hispo rather than Crinos. I've seen a few Lupus characters take that route.

And slightly related, but worth reading this blog is you want insight into some lupus character stuffs.
        Edit: and since she just posted, (sorry) I forgot to make to to credit Ana Mizuki for that blog. Good stuff there. There is also one for Metis.
        Last edited by idpersona; 03-05-2017, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
          Yep.
          Sometimes (rarely) hunt beside their Garou family. They only have a year or 2 though, so their time is somewhat limited.

Being taught. The same way Homids learn to take other forms.

To blend in. To travel through human settlements. To experience new senses. Curiosity. There are a number of reasons.

Yes. Though it's unlikely. The various forms have a number of advantages.
          Also worth adding, if the Lupus is that against taking human form, they are probably more comfortable fighting in Hispo rather than Crinos. I've seen a few Lupus characters take that route.

And slightly related, but worth reading http://demonsanddogweeds.tumblr.com/post/150682893784/anas-guide-to-playing-lupus"]this blog[/URL] is you want insight into some lupus character stuffs.
          Edit: and since she just posted, (sorry) I forgot to make to to credit Ana Mizuki for that blog. Good stuff there. There is also one for Metis.
          Are they more intelligent than normal wolves and do they know that actually they will become humans one day?
          Can you please give me the page number in Werewolf The Apocalypse about how much successes I need to shapeshift?

Comment

Are they more intelligent than normal wolves and do they know that actually they will become humans one day?
            So this one is arguable (and has been argued on these forums). Personal opinion: yes, they are more intelligent than normal wolves. No , they are not of human intelligence. The books speak about leap of logic and making mental connections for Lupus around the time they go through their first change.

And they wouldn't know about becoming Garou (not human) one day unless they are told about it (by a parent, or Garou relative or a spirit).

Can you please give me the page number in Werewolf The Apocalypse about how much successes I need to shapeshift?
            Sure:
            -Revised: starts on page 203 (1 + 1 success for each form shifted, so 5 total successes to go from Homid to Lupus)
            -W20: starts on page 285 (1 success for each form shifted, so 4 total successes to go from Homid to Lupus)

The rules depend on the edition you're playing. They varied slightly.

Comment

Are they wolfs in human body or humans in wolf's body?

Comment

Are they wolfs in human body or humans in wolf's body?
                Uh... neither?

Garou are half-physical, half-spiritual hybrid shapeshifters with traits of both wolves and humans. Whether they are Lupus or Homid born, or Metis, doesn't change this.
                Last edited by The Laughing Stranger; 03-05-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

What about eating meat when they are in Lupus form, will they vomit it when they shapshift back into a human? Alive meat, like from deer

Comment

What about eating meat when they are in Lupus form, will they vomit it when they shapshift back into a human? Alive meat, like from deer
                    Not addressed. I just kind of assume if you are full (or hungry) in Lupus, you are full (or hungry) in each form. It's the easiest approach.

Comment

Considering I can eat a tartar steak with little problem, it will stay in the stomach just fine.

My gallery.

Comment

To add onto the previous posts,

Yup. That's why they call it the First Change.

Breeding is by far the most important thing a pre-Change Lupus can do. Second to that is protecting their kin.

How would they get the knowledge to shapeshift into their Human form?
                        All Cubs need instruction in Shifting, some more than others.

Why would they even want to do it?
                        Guns. Grenades. Opposable thumbs in general. Language.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

Considering I can eat a tartar steak with little problem, it will stay in the stomach just fine.
                          Also, to emphasize the point again, Garou aren't usually affected by diseases and poison, by virtue of not being entirely physical. They're monsters with power beyond mere flesh, so they don't have to worry about raw meat from roadkill, theobromine poisoning or what have you.

Comment

I think they have to worry about poison in their breed form (except Metis), but that is easily fixed with shifting.

Comment

So I don't have to roll for shapshifting into a Lupus if that is my breed form?

Comment

Working...
                              X