Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The life of a Lupus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    How is one Garou initiated into a tribe? Does that happen after the First Change or immediately after Lupus's birth?

    Comment


    • #32
      Usually after the First Change. Since the probability of one of the pups from a wolf litter being Garou ranges from 10%-35% when one parent is Garou (and 1% to 11% when both parents are Kinfolk), there is little reason to initiate a random wolf pup into a tribe when the probability of them becoming Garou ranges from 0.2% to 7% (the average wolf liter contains five pups).

      Comment


      • #33
        Rite of Passage
        Any ideas? Is it bad idea that his quest would be to kill group of local hunters(normal human hunters) who killed three normal wolfs? I'm asking for Get of Fenris.
        Would that be his initation into the tribe?
        Aya Tari

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Goran. View Post
          How is one Garou initiated into a tribe? Does that happen after the First Change or immediately after Lupus's birth?
          Usually at the end of their Rite of Passage.
          Originally posted by Goran. View Post
          Rite of Passage
          Any ideas? Is it bad idea that his quest would be to kill group of local hunters(normal human hunters) who killed three normal wolfs? I'm asking for Get of Fenris.
          Would that be his initation into the tribe?
          I know you didn't ask me, but almost certainly not. 3 human hunters isn't any sort of challenge.



          Last edited by idpersona; 03-07-2017, 03:39 PM.


          Comment


          • #35
            What would be the challenge then? idpersona

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Goran. View Post
              What would be the challenge then? idpersona
              For a Get, it should be some sort of combat.

              You can have it start out as hunting down a trio of hunters, but then it gets bigger/more interesting. Perhaps they are Hunters (capital H). Either Reckoning hunters or more mundane werewolf hunters (using silver). Maybe they're fomori, hunting Garou kin. They can even just be mundane hunters, with a Bane following them around, subtly directing their attacks.

              It's not required, but imo, Rite of Passage should involve some supernatural element. They should at the very least be a serious challenge (whether mental or physical or both). For the more combat focused Garou (Get) this should involve a fight that has a legitimate chance of injuring the Cub. This is the point, where the new Garou proves themselves worthy of Fenris's name. Upon completion there should be no doubt that this child has proved themselves a capable warrior.

              What Auspice is the Garou in question btw.That being factored in can add a lot more flavor to Rite of Passage ideas.


              Comment


              • #37
                Ahroun is his Auspice

                Comment


                • #38
                  For an Ahroun, the Rite of Passage could either be according to type (hunt down and kill a group of Fomori who have been polluting the local area without appearing as Crinos in front of any humans) or against type (stop three human hunters from killing local wolves without resorting to violence). In the former case, they will prove their worth as warriors. In the latter case, they will prove their worth as leaders.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I choose that his quest is to kill the Hunter who killed girl in hos First Change. I think that is good enough as Hunter almost killed him?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                      For an Ahroun, the Rite of Passage could either be according to type (hunt down and kill a group of Fomori who have been polluting the local area without appearing as Crinos in front of any humans) or against type (stop three human hunters from killing local wolves without resorting to violence). In the former case, they will prove their worth as warriors. In the latter case, they will prove their worth as leaders.
                      I agree with this, though I don't know whether I would add the Crinos stipulation. That part is kind of a given with the Litany tenets.

                      Originally posted by Goran. View Post
                      I choose that his quest is to kill the Hunter who killed girl in hos First Change. I think that is good enough as Hunter almost killed him?
                      I'm not sure what you were trying to say here, sorry. But if it's a capital "H" hunter then you should be all good. They are legitimate threats to beginning supernatural creatures.


                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Can somone give me the page of page with explanation for shapshifting?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Goran. View Post
                          Can somone give me the page of page with explanation for shapshifting?
                          I'm away from the book, but 285 I think.


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Yeah, 285. Assuming you mean W20.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X