Cuckoo Clock Fetish for Kinfolk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuckoo Clock Fetish for Kinfolk

So I have this idea for a Get of Fenris Fetish, but I got questions. It's a traditional Black Forest Cockoo Clock designed as a warning system for kinfolk. I am not sure how feasible this fetish is. Most fetish seem to be tools a Garou or kin keep on their person. This clock is designed for a location.

My ideas are in flux right now, but here is what I have: Basically, a Garou donates gnosis to wind the clock. These would be Kinfolk a Garou has a close relationship with and visits on a regular basis (Weekly, maybe monthly). The clock ticks when charged with Gnosis and will sound at certain stimulus instead of at the hour.

I'm not sure what the stimulus would be. If a Bane is in the area or a Kinhawk, but I don't think that would be too useful to kinfolk. Or perhaps the clock will sound and the spirit in the clock will send a message to the Garou the fetish belongs to? Or perhaps the Garou can send a spirit messenger to sound the clock in case of Danger?

Also, what would the point value be for a fetish such as this?
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 03-09-2017, 05:23 PM.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Sounds better as a talen imo, however depending on where the kin folk lives a bane alarm might be triggered a bit to much.

Comment

Like the Weasley clock in Harry Potter?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTyger View Post
        Like the Weasley clock in Harry Potter?

Similar concept, but less individualized to specific people. I was planning on having the Fetish/Talon be an heirloom pasted down though the generations. To your average person, it looks like your average cockoo clock.

Though, apparently I am confused on the difference between a Fetish and a Talon? I thought Talons were more one time use items?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

I introduced a similar fetish into a game before, less classic more modern though. I had a Glasswalker character who wore a smart watch (like those ones that monitor your heart beat) that would go off when something dangerous was about to happen (like the danger sense gift). It didn't tell him what the danger was just that it was imminent.

Talons are one time use items.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
            So I have this idea for a Get of Fenris Fetish, but I got questions. It's a traditional Black Forest Cockoo Clock designed as a warning system for kinfolk. I am not sure how feasible this fetish is. Most fetish seem to be tools a Garou or kin keep on their person. This clock is designed for a location.

My ideas are in flux right now, but here is what I have: Basically, a Garou donates gnosis to wind the clock. These would be Kinfolk a Garou has a close relationship with and visits on a regular basis (Weekly, maybe monthly). The clock ticks when charged with Gnosis and will sound at certain stimulus instead of at the hour.

I'm not sure what the stimulus would be. If a Bane is in the area or a Kinhawk, but I don't think that would be too useful to kinfolk. Or perhaps the clock will sound and the spirit in the clock will send a message to the Garou the fetish belongs to? Or perhaps the Garou can send a spirit messenger to sound the clock in case of Danger?

Also, what would the point value be for a fetish such as this?
            You can have it specifically be a Kin Fetish so it can be activated by the Kinfolk in the home. Wind I once a day to activate it. Have it alarm when Wyrm taint (per the Sense Wyrm Gift) enters the home.
            Level 2-3, Gnosis 5. It's a relatively simple.

If you want to get more complex than that, then you would up the level and Gnosis based on additional effects it might have.

And like Derzhuzad said, Talens are 1 shot items. Fetishes function whenever activated.

Comment

Working...
            X