Bale Fire and inmunity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bale Fire and inmunity?

So, the way i interpret Bale Fire is basically Pure Radiation.
    one of my PC's has a gift where he is inmune to toxins..so.. i wonder.. is it possible to be inmune to the area effect of bale fire?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

By your interpretation of balefire damage yes, the taint not so much......
    Last edited by BurritoMage; 03-11-2017, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
      one of my PC's has a gift where he is inmune to toxins..so.. i wonder.. is it possible to be inmune to the area effect of bale fire?
      Are you talking about the Gift Resist Toxin?
      If so, it doesn't work against Bale Fire.

Comment

what about sun's guard (corax gift), would the player get Taints as well?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

Last Line of Sun's Guard (p101, CB20): "completely immune to flames and heat, no matter their source or intensity, for one turn per success. She remains vulnerable to balefire."

So it doesn't protect against taint at all (it is solely "flames and heat"), and specifically doesn't work against balefire.

Comment

No, radiation is not a toxin. Toxins are chemicals. Radiation is the release of particles (alpha, beta, proton, or neutron) or electromagnetic emissions (gamma rays or x-rays). Bale Fire would probably be best thought of as neutron radiation, as neutron radiation tends to leave everything it touches radioactive, and the taint would be the spiritual erosion that comes from the transmutation of the elements when they absorb neutron radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post

No, radiation is not a toxin. Toxins are chemicals. Radiation is the release of particles (alpha, beta, proton, or neutron) or electromagnetic emissions (gamma rays or x-rays). Bale Fire would probably be best thought of as neutron radiation, as neutron radiation tends to leave everything it touches radioactive, and the taint would be the spiritual erosion that comes from the transmutation of the elements when they absorb neutron radiation.
              No, balefire is definitely Evil Radiation.

Comment

Balefire is kinda supposed to be Double Plus Ungood, not the sort of thing you can just grab a gift and ignore.

Comment

Neutron radiation is evil radiation. Gamma rays just hurt you once, it is neutron radiation that makes everything radioactive and keeps on causing pain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post
                    Balefire is kinda supposed to be Double Plus Ungood, not the sort of thing you can just grab a gift and ignore.
                    how so? do pardon my bad english

Comment

It's wyrm tainted fire that mutates and spiritually corrupts all that it touches.

Comment

It's radioactive fire that mutates and taints anything it comes in contact with.
                        Oh and in looking stuff up for this thread: Page 185 in W20 Book of the Wyrm has this to say for Balefire (figured this would be helpful to copy/paste here):
                        From W20 Book of the Wyrm:
                        BALEFIRE
                        Balefire consumes the very essence of everyone it burns; even once extinguished it leaves
                        horrific scars. Use the rules for fire (W20, p. 258) with the following changes:
                        • Balefire deals unsoakable aggravated damage. Only the dice provided by the Gift: Resist Toxin can attempt to soak the damage.
                        • Balefire wounds take double the normal time to heal.
                        • A character who relies on her Rage to stay active when hurt by balefire must select two Battle Scars instead of one.
                        So Resist Toxin does actually kind of work. Better than nothing at least. I honestly don't understand why they decided defense against balefire falls under the purview of that Rank 1 Gift.

Comment

Crowley, sorry, that wasn't your English being bad, it was mine. I used a bit of light-hearted newspeak. I was basically saying that balefire is meant to be something very dangerous to Garou.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
                            It's radioactive fire that mutates and taints anything it comes in contact with.
                            Oh and in looking stuff up for this thread: Page 185 in W20 Book of the Wyrm has this to say for Balefire (figured this would be helpful to copy/paste here):
                            From W20 Book of the Wyrm:

So Resist Toxin does actually kind of work. Better than nothing at least. I honestly don't understand why they decided defense against balefire falls under the purview of that Rank 1 Gift.
                            Resist Toxin is a tireless workhorse among Gifts. Also, remember, Gift level often doesn't correspond to power (see also, Rokea learning their version of Gift of the Porcupine right out of their Long Swim, Ceilican learning Master of Fire one rank later, etc.).

Comment

I believe you want the Merit "Resistant to Wyrm Emanations".

Comment

Working...
                              X