Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Croatoan were able to exist again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the Croatoan were able to exist again?

Somewhere i read that the spirit of the Croatoan and the White Howler's are still "Alive" ..well..kind of...if you consider a Wraith being "Alive". Thing is, the book mentions that some of them lie within the Underworld.

and that Turtle knows theres croatoan descendants..what would happend if someone tried to track down some of the Croatoan descendants and play the "Date Game." so wel..the tribe could Blossom again?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Well, I think the key condition would be to awaken Turtle. Of course, the problem is that the Turtle lost its Mokole Varna and its Garou Tribe, so it has two reasons for sleeping. If you could find the Ao in the Deep Umbra, convince them to help you awaken Turtle, and help Turtle find the Croatan Kinfolk, then you might be able to rebirth the Croatan. Recreating a lost Tribe should be an epic quest, but it would be a worthwhile quest.

Comment

To make this work you would have to go down the epic quest line at least 300 years. The way i would allow it, would be a Mokole with the gift to change its breed form. The Mokole would change to a turtle and then have multiple generations of children until they could, by numbers be a reborn Varna (at Least 5 generations and a population of 800 kinfolk and 100 Mokole). Once that was done then they would have to preform a rite of awaking Turtle so big that even the coke can spirit slumbering in Siberia Russia would notice. Of course there would be attempts from other groups to prevent such an actions from completing. But that would be the basic outline of how I would allow it to happen.

Like the Sun I am relentless even in death...

Comment

The Croatan's sacrifice was part of the magic to bind that aspect of the wyrm. The Croatan can't come back even through breeding.. and most of the Kinfolk were taken by the other Purelands tribes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
          The Croatan's sacrifice was part of the magic to bind that aspect of the wyrm. The Croatan can't come back even through breeding.. and most of the Kinfolk were taken by the other Purelands tribes.
          Yeah, what they said. Also if you did manage to make to make one it would either cause the binding to come undone or said child of turtle would suffer a dark fate indeed.

Comment

Granted for the status of Turtle that also depends on how much you want the breed books to be cannon in your continuity:
            "There are Mokole who have remained children of Turtle despite the fall of the Croatan, and claim that Turtle never departed, only withdrawing from the blood-mad mamals"- Mokole Breed Book Page 63

I see this as an opening to have Turtle not as dormant as some of the other books make him out to be, and could be a source for such a plot you may want to go down...
            Last edited by CeltSPZ; 03-11-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I never considered Turtle dormant. Just withdrawn from the Garou. Different books though, with different writers.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post
                I never considered Turtle dormant. Just withdrawn from the Garou. Different books though, with different writers.

Oh this wasn't meant to be arguing with anyone. I was just trying to give OP some options that are written in the books, that's all. I know there are different authors and we can have so much contradiction in WtA, but sometimes people feel better if their angle can be sourced back to something written somewhere.

Comment

haha. I also wasn't trying to be argumentative. Just giving my perspective on it.

Comment

If turtle awakens he'd try to help and create a makeshif ROP for any garou of croatan descent

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                      If turtle awakens he'd try to help and create a makeshif ROP for any garou of croatan descent
                      whats ROP?

also..IF the croatoan returned..what would the ramifications be?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                      ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                      Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                      Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post

whats ROP?

also..IF the croatoan returned..what would the ramifications be?
                        Rite of Passage.

Well, Eater-of-Souls would walk the Earth again. And the BSDs would have a whole new Tribe of special snowflakes to hunt down and corrupt.

Comment

Well, the Eater-Of-Souls was banished by the sacrifice of the Croatan, there is nothing to suggest that it would come back unless another massive genocide occurred (and that could happen anywhere in the world).

Comment

If you go by "Past Lives" actually the return of the Croatan does bring back the Eater of Souls as well, the two are bound together...but that's up to the GM on that in my opinion.

Comment

So I'm not sure if this should go here or not but I feel like it fits enough instead of creating a new thread. So I have a friend that is obsessed with the idea of bringing the Croatan back in game....and I got to thinking, what if Turtle just decided that the Croatan were done and gone and built a new tribe...would that be conceivable? And any ideas/suggestions for what this new tribe should be like or even called.

Comment

Working...
                              X