No announcement yet.

Kidnapping Corax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to jump in, but there are a ton of sun spirits (Gafflings and Jagglings) that can and should be summoned before stepping up to a Celestine's Avatar for help. Even a moderately powerful Jaggling is going to be enough firepower to destroy dozens of "average" vampires (considering its presence alone should burn them before rolling Rage for Agg) and they couldn't even look at it.

And I agree (in principle) with Aya Tari's statement that the Corax would want to track down what happened and when they find out, make sure it doesn't again. But a single Rank 4 Corax would be enough to ensure that. No Avatar involvement required.

Back to the OP, it sounds like you are running the lite version of Corax since you aren't going to be using in depth rules for them. So most of the advice you'll get from on here won't apply anyway. As far as I know, Ward don't stop the being from sidestepping and leaving so there's that. I'm sure you can try and get your ST to rule that your Wards cross the Gauntlet though, which is your best bet.
    Mostly, this plan just wouldn't work, but if you ignore most of what Corax are capable of according to their book(s) it's doable. Figure out what your ST plans on having them being allowed to do and work from there for countering it. Cover your tracks well so they don't hunt you down afterwards.
    A real Corax that went missing would be (probably pretty easily) tracked down if Buzzards weren't involved (since they would know how Coarx could do it) and your character would take a knife to the head from 2 miles up and die basically instantly some time down the road.

Comment

Corax are slippery and good at escaping things since they're quite focused on Mobility. I'd argue that the better bet would be finding a Corax and offering up some juicy intelligence (along with a pretty necklace) in exchange for one of their feathers. Remember that there are entire factions of the Corax who are... more than a bit Wyrm-obsessed.

Comment

Thanks for help I talked to ST and we decided that using wereravens in Sorcerer/Revenants game is only going to make our game more messy than it already is. Instead, we will use Caitiff who created his own Discipline based on sun. But thanks again. I am actually interested in trying out Werewolf now.
        Last edited by Erty90; 03-14-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Most welcome.

That is probably the much easier route. Good luck.

Comment

Dumb question:

​If your guy needs "something connected to Helios" for a magic spell or ritual, why exactly does it need to be a shapeshifter? Helios is a spirit (admittedly a Celestine, but still ultimately a spirit). With Helios, there's almost no limit to what could be considered spiritually "connected to Helios". A gold ring, a poster of a "smiley-face" sun, a picture of the sun, a dead insect you burned to death with a magnifying glass, a photovoltaic panel...

Comment

Originally posted by Erty90 View Post
              Thanks for help ... I am actually interested in trying out Werewolf now.
              Glad to hear our bickering accomplished something, hah! Have fun in your undead escapades.

Comment

Originally posted by Erty90 View Post
                Thanks for help I talked to ST and we decided that using wereravens in Sorcerer/Revenants game is only going to make our game more messy than it already is. Instead, we will use Caitiff who created his own Discipline based on sun. But thanks again. I am actually interested in trying out Werewolf now.
                If you want a Sun/Fire-related Discipline which doesn't break the game...

System: Each level in the power reduces the difficulties of all passive rolls relating to Fire and Sunlight by 2 (reduced soak and Courage difficulties), and the difficulties of all active rolls relating to Fire and Sunlight by 1 (Lure of Flames, Way of Fire, various Rituals and Discipline powers pertaining to Sunlight and Fire).

Limitations: Only Thin-Bloods can know this power, since it relies on their curse being weaker. The Inceptor possessed the merit Face the Flames, Courage 5 and was a prolific Day-Walker, and over time he learnt to formalize his methods of resisting the forces of sunlight and fire into a teachable Discipline. Eventually he learned Thaumaturgy, however he was destroyed after he committed several daytime arson attacks using Lure of Flames.
                Last edited by 11twiggins; 03-14-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Here is an alternative:

Adumbration (Discipline)

An ancient Discipline that was the precursor Discipline to Obtenebration before [Lasombra] explored the Abyss, Adumbration focuses on using cold and shadow to protect its practitioners from fire and sunlight. Each level of Adumbration provides its practitioners with one dice of soak against damage from fire and sunlight and reduces the difficulty to soak damage from fire and sunlight by one. Each level also gives the practitioner one bonus dice per level for Courage rolls to resist the effects of fire and sunlight and reduces the difficulty of Courage rolls relating to fire and sunlight by one. By spending one blood point per turn, practitioners may extend their protection to everything within (Adumbration) meters of them.
                  Last edited by Aya Tari; 03-14-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

If you can summon spirits why can't you summon a Sun spirit for this? You're mortalish you can go outside during the day. Make Sun Bomb Fetish

Comment

Originally posted by Uniform Two Six View Post
                      Dumb question:

​If your guy needs "something connected to Helios" for a magic spell or ritual, why exactly does it need to be a shapeshifter? Helios is a spirit (admittedly a Celestine, but still ultimately a spirit). With Helios, there's almost no limit to what could be considered spiritually "connected to Helios". A gold ring, a poster of a "smiley-face" sun, a picture of the sun, a dead insect you burned to death with a magnifying glass, a photovoltaic panel...
                      This is an angle I would go for. Maybe an ancient relic from a sun worshipping culture? One that needs to be recovered from unique settings and requires a complex ritual to activate?

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodai View Post

This is an angle I would go for. Maybe an ancient relic from a sun worshipping culture? One that needs to be recovered from unique settings and requires a complex ritual to activate?
                        I mean... that could work... but if the plan doesn't involve throat-punching a frenzied wereraven, what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

I mean... that could work... but if the plan doesn't involve throat-punching a frenzied wereraven, what's the point?
                          Well, if this guy was Garou, I'd never have even floated the idea... Gotta have the maximum Glory award, after all.

​I've suddenly got this image in my mind of a pack's Galliard at a moot gloriously telling the tale of throat-punching the frenzied wereraven... and some Cliath Theurge stands up and quizzically asks why they didn't just use a gold ring or something if it was for a material component. And the pack's Galliard just deflates in front of the whole sept because none of them had thought of that.
                          "Well, ummmm..."

Comment

In another thread, someone brought up the possibility of the Plantagenet family being corax kin, in which case, I realized that the ravens that live in the tower of London (where the last Plantagenet heirs disappeared as boys (when they went through their first change which was triggered by sympathetic corax relatives) might include corax who are the last living members of main Plantagenet dynasty and thus the rightful heirs to the English throne, if that is the sort of thing that would help your ritual...

Of course, those corax would be part of a prophecy that says that england falls if they fly away or die, so expect English government hunters to be guarding them with their life.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Originally posted by Uniform Two Six View Post
                              Well, if this guy was Garou, I'd never have even floated the idea... Gotta have the maximum Glory award, after all.

​I've suddenly got this image in my mind of a pack's Galliard at a moot gloriously telling the tale of throat-punching the frenzied wereraven... and some Cliath Theurge stands up and quizzically asks why they didn't just use a gold ring or something if it was for a material component. And the pack's Galliard just deflates in front of the whole sept because none of them had thought of that.
                              "Well, ummmm..."
                              And the Ahroun packmate of the Galliard growls 'Because punching it was more fun. Now shut up and listen,' before she nods to the Galliard to continue :P

Comment

Originally posted by The young man in the cafe View Post
                                In another thread, someone brought up the possibility of the Plantagenet family being corax kin, in which case, I realized that the ravens that live in the tower of London (where the last Plantagenet heirs disappeared as boys (when they went through their first change which was triggered by sympathetic corax relatives) might include corax who are the last living members of main Plantagenet dynasty and thus the rightful heirs to the English throne, if that is the sort of thing that would help your ritual...

Of course, those corax would be part of a prophecy that says that england falls if they fly away or die, so expect English government hunters to be guarding them with their life.
                                Well, according to the folklore, the wife of the first Count of Anjou was supposed to be one of the daughters of Satan who transformed into a bird and flew away when she was forced into a church, so it would not be that much of a stretch. Since Corax do not reproduce biologically (Corax cannot breed Corax, only Corax Kin), it would not really have had much of an impact on history (other than the occasional 'dead' child that ended up becoming Corax). Of course, that means that there could be legions of unknown Corax Human Kinfolk floating around because the majority of the Plantagenets were prolific breeders by all accounts (with the exceptions of Richard and Edward II).

Comment

Working...
                                X