No announcement yet.

Kinslaying in my Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all well and good but isn't that distracting from the stuff that caused this to happen in the frist place (wyrm tainted goods)? The politics is all good but shouldn't the pack be more concerned about clearing their name rather then getting involved in some grudge match between two septs being instigated by some Get that sounds like he has his own agenda?

I also don't understand the bonegnawer elders use of the PC as the Sept's champion. I get that if he eats it during the duel he's washed his hands of him but is it going to sit well with the other gnawers that this outsider "kin slayer" is representing them in sept business, especially if he looses. Is there some kinda power struggle between the alpha and the wyrm foe?

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
      That's all well and good but isn't that distracting from the stuff that caused this to happen in the frist place (wyrm tainted goods)? The politics is all good but shouldn't the pack be more concerned about clearing their name rather then getting involved in some grudge match between two septs being instigated by some Get that sounds like he has his own agenda?
      The tainted stuff is a mitigating factor, but a bit of Wyrmfaux on the bodies of the dead kinfolk ain't gonna vindicate anyone. Honestly, they don't have to get further embroiled here, they can just take their licks and get the heck out of dodge.

I also don't understand the bonegnawer elders use of the PC as the Sept's champion. I get that if he eats it during the duel he's washed his hands of him but is it going to sit well with the other gnawers that this outsider "kin slayer" is representing them in sept business, especially if he looses. Is there some kinda power struggle between the alpha and the wyrm foe?
      As far as MacLeod goes, this is him giving the screwup Galliard a shot at redemption. Leper-Friend can fix the mess he started... or die trying. The Wyrmfoe, Raises-All-Hell, isn't exactly trying for a powerplay, but he doesn't think a single Talon life is enough recompense for the injustices the Swarm and their families have suffered. He wants a fight between the septs, and by God, he intends to win it, by hook or by crook. The main elder, MacLeod, is more level-headed, and understands the dangers such things represent, therefore he is willing to lead his tribe towards the single combat option, perhaps even engage in it himself if the Galliard chickens out.
      Last edited by The Laughing Stranger; 04-03-2017, 02:13 AM.

Comment

BurritoMage you know, after sleeping on it, I have decided that you are right and all the political wrangling doesn't really add anything.
        Going to pare that whole subplot.
        I wanted to give the players agency in fixing or exasperating the impeding inter-sept war, but what I have written up seems needlessly complicated. I am gonna have to do something else, not sure what exactly.

Comment

The politics is good, but keep it in the background. That's makes the game not exist in a vacuum. I would suggest having the pack looking into the source of the wyrm flax, it being something that's too big for them to handle and needing both Sept's help.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. The Gnawers are going to be mad, but they are not so mad as to go after the Talons if it is made clear to them that someone manipulated the Lupus and the PC's into doing the killing. I will likely save the political wrangling for later... there is still plenty of acrimony to go around, and it coming to a head as part of a challenge (rather than more wide-spread conflict) makes sense.

Comment

The pack is gonna need a moot at some point to tell the tale and reap the whirlwind. Perfect opportunity t reveal the Get and everything else on the back end.

Comment

Working...
              X