Tainted Drugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tainted Drugs

I have a combat scene coming up in my game. Two crackheads are going to rob a kinfolk truck stop. In the scene will be an NPC kinfolk with a shotgun, an non-combat focused metis cub fixing a security camera, and the PC, who is a pre-change Garou. No, this scene will not be the PC's First Change. This is her introduction to the Garou and the war against the Wyrm.

My plan is to have the crack heads be on tainted drugs. (To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to go Five Hour Energy Drink rip off or Cocaine yet) These drugs deaden their ability to feel pain. No matter how wounded they are, they will keep fighting as long as physically able. No regeneration nor offensive capabilities.

Would Wyrm tainted drugs be enough to cause this effect? Or does this fall into Fomori territory?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

This seems equivalent to the Gift: Resist Pain. At the same time, real world PCP probably has the same effect as well as increasing strength because of adrenalin. You did not say they were Immune to the Delerium or anything else. I think you are OK not making them fomori. At the same time, it is possible prolonged use of such drugs might open them up to eventual Bane possession to become Fomori.

Comment

I remember reading about people on PCP doing crazy shit, but I wasn't sure if that was truth or urban legend.

The robbers are not immune to Delirium. They won't be around long enough to see a Garou in Crinos. I'm trying to hit the happy medium between having an opponent that is easy for a Garou Cub and a pre change Garou to take care of, yet scary enough for a Kinfolk to freak out about.

The robbers are less a combat obstacle and more of an example of how brutal Garou and Kinfolk are to Wyrm Tainted individuals in thier territory.

When the characters meet more users of this drug later, they will most likely be Fomori.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

In that case why even have it be a "known" drug, give it a flashy street name and call it a day. It will draw the pack to look into it because it's some weird new (read wyrm tainted) designer drug.

Comment

Well, PCP suppresses the governors that your brain uses to make sure that your muscles do not contract enough the tear your own tendons, pop your own ligaments, and break your own bones, as well as negating your pain receptors, so you would gain an immunity to wound penalties and a doubling of Strength for a scene form a cost of one health level of bashing damage for every level of enhanced Strength at the end of the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
            Well, PCP suppresses the governors that your brain uses to make sure that your muscles do not contract enough the tear your own tendons, pop your own ligaments, and break your own bones, as well as negating your pain receptors, so you would gain an immunity to wound penalties and a doubling of Strength for a scene form a cost of one health level of bashing damage for every level of enhanced Strength at the end of the scene.
            Holy fuck no. Doubling of lift weight, perhaps, and then back-converting a bonus from there. The damage would also be accompanied by permanent crippling injuries (i.e. consult the battle scars section), most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
              In that case why even have it be a "known" drug, give it a flashy street name and call it a day. It will draw the pack to look into it because it's some weird new (read wyrm tainted) designer drug.

That was my idea. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right side of "Wyrm Tainted but not a Fomori."

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post

That was my idea. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right side of "Wyrm Tainted but not a Fomori."
                You can have wyrm tainted people, it's when the bane decides to hollow out a section of the persons soul and make a summer home you get a fomori.

Comment

Working...
                X