Space Opera - Garou and other Gaias

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Opera - Garou and other Gaias

I am considering a werewolf space opera campaign. Among them, there are other "Gaias" and "earth-gaia" is not unique. Where I am unsure is how the werewolves would react to this. Thoughts?

There are some groups and even camps that are exploring this. I actually want to do an Outlaw Star type chronicle about the distant futuring exploring this.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

thought once about a star trek voyager, WTA/Crossover Fanfic...

Comment

Oh man. I love Space Opera! Let me put some ideas I have down. I am basing these ideas on Gaian Planets being the equivalent to Caerns. Not all planets have an awakened Gaia spirit, but those who do are life bearing.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Glasswalkers
          Each time period has their own version of this forward-thinking tribe. I have two ideas for the tribe that was once called Glasswalker.

World Rousers – The Glasswalker City Farmer camp became the majority camp around the time Humans reached for the stars. World Rousers use terraforming to rouse the Gaian spirit of a planet. Most traditional tribes consider this process an abomination.

Order of Clarification – The Glasswalker Tribe fell to the Weaver. Those few tribe members who escaped became Bone Gnawers or joined the Seekers of Cockroach camp in the Children of Gaia Tribe. Now, each Order Drone is born in vase fetus farms (see Matrix). At captured Gaian Kami is critical to the existence of these fetus farms. Without the Kami, no Garou Drones would be born. The rare Homid Drones are separated out from the Kinfolk Drones and trained in what they need to pass as Human. Metis Drones are grown as needed for shock troops.

Seekers of Cockroach – A CoG camp of Exiled Glasswalker Descendants. These Garou and Kinfolk believe ever hardy Cockroach escaped the Weaver and is hiding in deep Umbra. The camp was founded by a trio of kinfolk sisters to a Metis Ragabash. It is believed the Metis, deaf to the Weaver’s siren song, snuck into the heart of Order of Clarification’s network and retrieved cockroach before the totem was fully corrupted. The legend says the Metis died from injuries sustained during the totems rescue. The Seekers search the galaxy for any sign of the lost totem.

Black Spiral Dancers
          Reavers from Firefly. Enough Said.

Bone Gnawers
          Bone Gnawers are basically the crew of Firefly. Find a crew, find a job, keep flying. They are the only tribe to accept the existence of Alien shifters. Other tribes see them as myth.

Silver Fangs
          The majority of Silver Fangs believe there is only one true Gaia and that Gaia is Earth. While the other tribes reached for the stars, Silver Fangs stayed home. Younger Silver Fangs realize the mistake their tribe made and are trying to regain power from the Shadow Lords.

Shadow Lords
          Shadow Lords saw the opening space frontier as an opportunity and took it. They are the Alpha Tribe of the endless black.

Black Furies
          Different time, same old shit. Black Furies still fight for woman’s rights, especially in frontier worlds who see woman as walking uteruses needed to increase a colony's population.

Get of Fenrir
          The Galaxy was a melting pot of alien races until the Get came on the stage. They committed atrocities to claim a Gaian planet from those dirty aliens. As usual, the tribe came to their senses too late and now Sapient Aliens are rare.

Children of Gaia
          Children of Gaia are nose deep into some crazy Utopia colonization projects. Most of them fail for reasons the tribe has not figured out yet.

Other tribes
          I ran out of ideas. Feel free to come up with your own.

Alien shifters
          Yes, Aliens have shape changers of their own. A harmless looking grey alien could transform into a tentacle monster. When the Wyrm infects a planet, the Gaia spirit enrages members of the population and they change. Most Garou believe these Alien Shifters are myth.
          Last edited by wonderandawe; 04-12-2017, 12:34 PM.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Alonne View Post
            I am considering a werewolf space opera campaign. Among them, there are other "Gaias" and "earth-gaia" is not unique. Where I am unsure is how the werewolves would react to this. Thoughts?

Well, some Garou have been searching for "other Gaias" since before humans became aware of elliptical orbit components in mathematics. Ultimately, in Werewolf, the spiritual well-being of the Earth is a stake that can't be ignored, and if you discover other Earth-like planets, these do not diminish the significance of the Earth being there, but act as parts of the whole of the protectorate of the Garou and Fera. Even if you're on "another Gaia", the others are also vitally important, as parts of the Whole Gaia.

Comment

Gaia is the Earth, though there could be equivalent spiritual entities associated with life bearing planets. In fact, they may have their own Fera equivalents.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                Gaia is the Earth
                Not quite. Gaia is a spirit, which at the very least is above the Celestine that's above Eshtarra. Generally, she links together all such like beings, as the default assumption of Werewolf is that Gaia is above everything else in the spirit hierarchy.

Comment

The Wagnerians are a multi-tribal camp of Garou who explore the Deep Umbra with the intent and hope to find other Gaian realms the Nation can travel to. So the idea is not heretical. Just not believed to be true by most Garou.

Of course, if the Garou do find another world with its own ecosystem, there is no guarantee it is likely to be Gaian. In my own campaigns, I have what are essentially Wyrm celestines representing alien worlds with a ecosystem not compatable with Earth's. When lifeforms from that world manage to cross over and appear on Earth, they are essentially invasive species that would destroy Earth's own ecosystem without the Garou (think of the Red Weed in War of the Worlds).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
                    The Wagnerians are a multi-tribal camp of Garou who explore the Deep Umbra with the intent and hope to find other Gaian realms the Nation can travel to. So the idea is not heretical. Just not believed to be true by most Garou.

Of course, if the Garou do find another world with its own ecosystem, there is no guarantee it is likely to be Gaian. In my own campaigns, I have what are essentially Wyrm celestines representing alien worlds with a ecosystem not compatable with Earth's. When lifeforms from that world manage to cross over and appear on Earth, they are essentially invasive species that would destroy Earth's own ecosystem without the Garou (think of the Red Weed in War of the Worlds).
                    This also keeps the Garou's purpose clear. The task of the loyal changing breeds is already monumental- why add onto that by requiring the defense of other, distant Gaias? Which Gaia is more deserving of protection? What if whatever alien being is defending the foreign Gaia thinks their ways is better? It could be interesting, but I think it all would get confusing pretty quick.

If you are dead-set on featuring other planets that support life and are not 'of the Wyrm,' I would likely treat them as all belonging to the same over-arching Gaia. The children who purport to serve her might squabble, war and even kill each other in their hubris, but she herself is the same.
                    Last edited by The Laughing Stranger; 04-13-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Come to think about it: Garou are so inextricably bound on a spiritual level to Gaia and the Triat, would they even be able to ''live'', much less shapechange, step sideways and most importantly use gifts gnosis and rage once they leave the Orbit of the Moon around Earth, thereby completely exiting/severing themselves from the realms of Gaia and Luna?

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Liren View Post
                        Come to think about it: Garou are so inextricably bound on a spiritual level to Gaia and the Triat, would they even be able to ''live'', much less shapechange, step sideways and most importantly use gifts gnosis and rage once they leave the Orbit of the Moon around Earth, thereby completely exiting/severing themselves from the realms of Gaia and Luna?
                        Yes. In fact, it's very easy. since the Gauntlet in space is generally around 1 or 2, and they can travel to other planetary Realms in the Aetherial Realm and do the same. With the Gift Adaptation, they can physically end up on different planets (and live) in a scant fraction of the time it would take a spacecraft to reach the same place.

Comment

Cool thank you,🐱
                          But on that note, since a Garou's Rage is directly tied to Luna herself, would they "lose the wolf" on a world without a moon of its own?
                          What of worlds like Mars that has TWO moons like Mars, namely Phobos and Demios
                          One thing's for sure; on a world with DOZENS of Moons like Jupiter and Saturn, an Ahroun would be getting migraine headaches from constant erratic mood-swings! 😛

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Liren View Post
                            Cool thank you,🐱
                            But on that note, since a Garou's Rage is directly tied to Luna herself, would they "lose the wolf" on a world without a moon of its own?
                            What of worlds like Mars that has TWO moons like Mars, namely Phobos and Demios
                            One thing's for sure; on a world with DOZENS of Moons like Jupiter and Saturn, an Ahroun would be getting migraine headaches from constant erratic mood-swings! 😛
                            We know from Rage Across the Heavens that that isn't how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by idpersona View Post

We know from Rage Across the Heavens that that isn't how it works.
                              I fear I have not purchased the PDF in question, sir. How does it work?

I originally enquired about the "absence of a moon" part because so I heard in one of the "Apocalypse" scenarios, a colossal meteor shatters OUR moon in half, and thereby crippling the ability of the ENTIRE Garou nation to regain Gnosis and Rage.

So in retcon, it dosen't have to be OUR Moon for a Garou to be spiritually attuned to it?

Comment

Working...
                              X