Pentex and Golems?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentex and Golems?

During last night's session, while a bunch of us were raiding a Magadon building once we found out a drug that's been infecting the locals was being created there, we encountered what I think was a Pentex First Team that included a fucking golem. The session ended there, so we don't know much else(and won't until next Tuesday), but a golem?

As a part of a First Team(if that's what they were)? I'll straight up say that the storyteller is damn good, and I have a ton of confidence in him to explain it all out. But is that even possible?

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

What kinda golem?

Comment

My precious!

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
        What kinda golem?

Sort of like a techno-golem? If that even makes sense. Definitely not of the clay variety. But it was a cliffhanger, so we didn't get much in the way of detail.

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

Well the technocracy can make a golem-esk creations and pentex can pick them up through the special projects division. Hope this doesn't let the fun out of the bag for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
            Well the technocracy can make a golem-esk creations and pentex can pick them up through the special projects division. Hope this doesn't let the fun out of the bag for you.
            No, not at all. Rather be more prepared for the next game session anyway : )

So not necessarily Pentex. Could be something the Technocracy has cooked up!

Thanks!

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

Well, Enchantment 5 allows for the creation of golems and the like, so it could be something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                During last night's session, while a bunch of us were raiding a Magadon building once we found out a drug that's been infecting the locals was being created there, we encountered what I think was a Pentex First Team that included a fucking golem. The session ended there, so we don't know much else(and won't until next Tuesday), but a golem?

As a part of a First Team(if that's what they were)? I'll straight up say that the storyteller is damn good, and I have a ton of confidence in him to explain it all out. But is that even possible?
                Short answer is yes it's possible.

A longer answer is hard to give because there are a variety of ways something like that could come about. And with how far Pentex's reach is in WtA, they have access to most of the ways a Golem could be created in WoD books. Sorcery, Magick and Spirit (or Ghost) Possession come to mind off the top of my head. It could also be a materialized spirit.

I'll be curious when (if) you find out how this creature/creation is being run system-wise.
                Last edited by idpersona; 04-13-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

So is it more of a robot? Some kind of techno-magic creation? I imagine Pentex might accidentally create another kind of golem, trapping a Bane spirit in some kind of physical vessel. There are lots of ways this could be plausible, and now I'm curious what your ST was thinking. By all means, share more when you find out.

Comment

a Corrupted Jewish Kabbalist?

Comment

Working...
                    X