No announcement yet.

Mongolia and the Supernatural

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Anda are dead. Killed by a ritual performed by the Giants of the East. Normal Gangrel may be present and possibly a few Ravnos. Maybe. The bulk of the clan fled the area long ago so it may be more along the line of a few brave individuals than any large number of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wilson View Post
      The Anda are dead. Killed by a ritual performed by the Giants of the East. Normal Gangrel may be present and possibly a few Ravnos. Maybe. The bulk of the clan fled the area long ago so it may be more along the line of a few brave individuals than any large number of them.
      Yes, the Anda are dead. Canonically. The guy who started the thread can certainly have modern Anda, if he or she wants.

Comment

Two things lack of native beast breeds doesn't keep a fera group out of the area(or put it in the area or the game would be "Kitsune, Ratkin and some dogs I guess") especially with the beast courts you have homids moving around some of their kin. Second it seems there's some level of truth in setting to hidden relic populations(Rage across the world 20 says there are wolves in Japan for example)

Comment

A few tigers could wander in from Siberia.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere about there are some anda who in torpor and how they will awaken during the final nights I think it may have been in of the kindred of the east book I don't remember for sure so there's a possibility that the anda could one day return maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by the viking anarch View Post
              I remember reading somewhere about there are some anda who in torpor and how they will awaken during the final nights I think it may have been in of the kindred of the east book I don't remember for sure so there's a possibility that the anda could one day return maybe.
              Not in KotE proper, surely. It was a bit before Wind from the East was released, and there was no sign of the Anda to be found until the later book..

Comment

Yes, the KJ had probably eradicated the last of the Anda five hundred years ago (I imagine that the KJ are very good at finding hidden Kindred because of their ability to use Spirits and Wraiths to find them). While the KJ may tolerate some pet Kindred like the Nagaraja, they would have especially despised the Anda after the Mongolian invasion of China and Korea.

Comment

'Pet' Kindred?

The Kuei-jin are holding a viper to their throat, with both the della Passaglia Giovanni and the Nagaraja. Kuei-jin are basically super-Risen. Both the above-mentioned Kindred lineages are necromancers. The Kuei-jin are holding loaded guns to their own heads, while claiming the clips have no ammunition in them.

And 'mastery of the spirit world' and 'using wraiths and spirits' to hunt down enemies? The Giovanni and the Nagaraja can both do that, too. and can ward against ghostly spies.
                  Last edited by Demigod Beast; 04-26-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Never mind that Oliver Thrace, in Hong Kong---a Tremere elder!---has access to Ward vs Spirits (which, by the way, works on both spirits and ghosts), and possesses Dark Thaumaturgy.

EDIT: And invented Ward vs Cathayans, if I recall correctly.

The Kindred are not 'easy prey' to Kuei-jin.
                    Last edited by Demigod Beast; 04-26-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post
                      Never mind that Oliver Thrace, in Hong Kong---a Tremere elder!---has access to Ward vs Spirits (which, by the way, works on both spirits and ghosts), and possesses Dark Thaumaturgy.

IIRC Oliver Thrace sold out the Tremere chantry in Hong Kong when the changeover from British to Chinese rule happened and he's currently a "guest" of the Kue-Jin. Not saying they could destroy him easily, but there are a lot more of them than there are of him and even if he did want to escape/take over/whatever he'd lose the protection they offer him from the rest of the Tremere.

Comment

Other stuff?
                        http://www.sowhymongolia.com/6-iconi...ures-mongolia/

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod Beast View Post

He's an Akuma. That's sort of heavily cheating.

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
                          IIRC Oliver Thrace sold out the Tremere chantry in Hong Kong when the changeover from British to Chinese rule happened and he's currently a "guest" of the Kue-Jin. Not saying they could destroy him easily, but there are a lot more of them than there are of him and even if he did want to escape/take over/whatever he'd lose the protection they offer him from the rest of the Tremere.

You missed the parts where escaped and stole a bunch of sacred tomes, and turns out to be you know.. an Akuma.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

You missed the parts where escaped and stole a bunch of sacred tomes, and turns out to be you know.. an Akuma.
                            Yup, that is news to me. What book is that in?

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
                              Yup, that is news to me. What book is that in?
                              in HK:t his first write up has him as an infernalist with expertise on Eastern Demons. Its already implying he's Akuma then.
                              There's a couple references to him in the various Dharma books which is basically goes from "honored scholar who sells out the Cam" to is given access to Boneflower secret libraries which he steals books from.

He then is mentioned in SF as being the source of Ward vs KJ

And Finally in the Time of Judgement the Yama Kings use him to usher in the sixth age by teaching the Tremere a ritual that kills all the KJ and causes much of Asia to merge with the Yomi.

Comment

....I mentioned he was a practitioner of Dark Thaumaturgy in the very post I mentioned him first in. So, yeah, he's an akuma. I acknowledged that, right out the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X