No announcement yet.

How would you make this storyline work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you make this storyline work?

I came up with another potential storyline for a pack to experience in Werewolf. My basic idea is a Weaver-tainted corporation named AGC or American Genetics Corporation, being contracted by the U.S. Government to make Captain America-like Super Soldiers. However, the test subjects the government provided died from the prototypes they have developed.

​I have two ideas how this goes. AGC ends up stealing some of DNA's research and figure out that Garou are real. AGC then formulates a plan that involves capturing a Werewolf and harvesting it's DNA in hopes of isolating the gene that gives them inhuman strength and finally giving the government what it wants.

​The second idea is that AGC starts to abduct homeless people off the streets of major cities and starts to use them as test subjects. This could get the attention of a Bone Gnawer PC whose kin gets snatched by a AGC agent.

​Any Advice?

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    ​I have two ideas how this goes. AGC ends up stealing some of DNA's research and figure out that Garou are real. AGC then formulates a plan that involves capturing a Werewolf and harvesting it's DNA in hopes of isolating the gene that gives them inhuman strength and finally giving the government what it wants.
    Eh, the plot is very similar to something DNA might do... you effectively just changed DNA's name to AGC. Both are evil corporations intent on exploiting the Garou through whatever means necessary. If you want a new group that is expressly not DNA, you might want to differentiate them further, rather than have them piggy-back off of DNA's findings and then engage in the same skullduggery.

​The second idea is that AGC starts to abduct homeless people off the streets of major cities and starts to use them as test subjects. This could get the attention of a Bone Gnawer PC whose kin gets snatched by a AGC agent.
    Straight-up snatching people can be fine, but for real trials they will likely need a fair few subjects. Also, how well can you screen your junkies and mad street-preachers if you are just grabbing the ones who wander down the wrong alley? Maybe AGC could use something like a drug rehab center or a half-way house to find suitable people? After the folks get clean and leave the program some of 'em are never heard from again...

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

Eh, the plot is very similar to something DNA might do... you effectively just changed DNA's name to AGC. Both are evil corporations intent on exploiting the Garou through whatever means necessary. If you want a new group that is expressly not DNA, you might want to differentiate them further, rather than have them piggy-back off of DNA's findings and then engage in the same skullduggery.

Straight-up snatching people can be fine, but for real trials they will likely need a fair few subjects. Also, how well can you screen your junkies and mad street-preachers if you are just grabbing the ones who wander down the wrong alley? Maybe AGC could use something like a drug rehab center or a half-way house to find suitable people? After the folks get clean and leave the program some of 'em are never heard from again...
      ​Yeah, I might go with option 2. Option 1 makes them sound like a bad bootleg of DNA. But with both options I got to make the two companies different from each other inspite of their similarities. Specifically the fact they both research genetics. I could make AGC actually aware of the Weaver and her children and have the company actively collaborate with them. Also, the company could open up a half-way house for homeless veterans since the chairman of the company, Ronald Gold, used to be a army man and is extremely patriotic about his country. But, he is also using the house as a way to find veterans that are still physically active enough to withstand the experimental serums. I wonder how it would work game-play wise if the company managed to make the super-soldier the government requested?

Comment

​Yeah, I might go with option 2. Option 1 makes them sound like a bad bootleg of DNA. But with both options I got to make the two companies different from each other inspite of their similarities. Specifically the fact they both research genetics. I could make AGC actually aware of the Weaver and her children and have the company actively collaborate with them. Also, the company could open up a half-way house for homeless veterans since the chairman of the company, Ronald Gold, used to be a army man and is extremely patriotic about his country. But, he is also using the house as a way to find veterans that are still physically active enough to withstand the experimental serums. I wonder how it would work game-play wise if the company managed to make the super-soldier the government requested?
        Hmmm... AGC sounds like a smaller scale, Stasis-aligned Pentex. Interesting.

You know what have traits that could easily be mistaken for super soldiers? Drones. I could see the process of becoming a drone presented as a good thing- Gold and his people are helping damaged vets return to the battlefield and keep fighting for America's freedom... the fact that they have had their souls eaten by Mother Spider is neither here nor there.

Alternatively, maybe Gold's operation has stumbled upon a process that makes Drone-like things, but it isn't perfect. In places where the Pattern Web is strongest, AGC found a way to get spider-spirits to cross the Gauntlet and infuse flesh. Disabled men and women are now getting Weaver-spirits spliced into their bodies and minds, which grants significant physical benefits, but also makes them prone to bizarre behavior as their spirit-selves were never sane to begin with. Maybe AGC is trying to work out all the kinks still, which could lead to chaos in the form of proto-Drones escaping. I also like the idea of AGC research teams cramming soldiers full rust spiders or cockroach gafflings in pursuit of certain traits.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

Hmmm... AGC sounds like a smaller scale, Stasis-aligned Pentex. Interesting.

You know what have traits that could easily be mistaken for super soldiers? Drones. I could see the process of becoming a drone presented as a good thing- Gold and his people are helping damaged vets return to the battlefield and keep fighting for America's freedom... the fact that they have had their souls eaten by Mother Spider is neither here nor there.

Alternatively, maybe Gold's operation has stumbled upon a process that makes Drone-like things, but it isn't perfect. In places where the Pattern Web is strongest, AGC found a way to get spider-spirits to cross the Gauntlet and infuse flesh. Disabled men and women are now getting Weaver-spirits spliced into their bodies and minds, which grants significant physical benefits, but also makes them prone to bizarre behavior as their spirit-selves were never sane to begin with. Maybe AGC is trying to work out all the kinks still, which could lead to chaos in the form of proto-Drones escaping. I also like the idea of AGC research teams cramming soldiers full rust spiders or cockroach gafflings in pursuit of certain traits.
          ​I might do the drone factory idea. But, I can see a escaped test subject being a threat. AGC might be rival with Magadon Inc and be in the middle of a massive PR war. Which might led to Pentex saboteurs showing up to sabotage the facility. One character I might introduce is a representative from the U.S. military who is overseeing the experiment but is also tainted with the Weaver and is keeping the experimentations secret from his superiors on purpose. I am also wondering their relationship should be with Shinzui and other servants of the Weaver.

Comment

Or... option three, have it be one of those genealogy DNA testing companies, like 23me or ancestry DNA. The company's leadership is secretly making family trees of prominent garou/fera/kinflok families as part of a larger plan.

My Savannah Setting can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules can be found here

Comment

Instead of outright abduction (which is dangerous because it risks an encounter with actual law enforcement), I would prefer if the company simply had people going out to the homeless people with a legitimate offer - we'll give you a clean bed, hot meals, and even some pocket change if you agree to participate in this clinical trial and sign this consent form. Test subjects then may show nothing at all, show some signs of change but nothing major or long term damaging, and others have horrible things happen to them. The trial can last however long as the ST needs and can have made any kind of progress by the time the PCs show up.

There should be enough rumors on the street to still reach the ear of the Bonegnawer PC. But this time since the company is not obviously involved in illegal activity, it'll be solely up to the PCs to do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
                Instead of outright abduction (which is dangerous because it risks an encounter with actual law enforcement), I would prefer if the company simply had people going out to the homeless people with a legitimate offer - we'll give you a clean bed, hot meals, and even some pocket change if you agree to participate in this clinical trial and sign this consent form. Test subjects then may show nothing at all, show some signs of change but nothing major or long term damaging, and others have horrible things happen to them. The trial can last however long as the ST needs and can have made any kind of progress by the time the PCs show up.

There should be enough rumors on the street to still reach the ear of the Bonegnawer PC. But this time since the company is not obviously involved in illegal activity, it'll be solely up to the PCs to do something about it.
                ​I could mix that along with the half-way house for homeless veterans. They could offer some of the veterans a chance to serve their country again by testing their new serum. This serum is meant to make them super soldiers through attracting weaver spirits to possess them and make them drones. The theory of course is that since the drone's are the Weaver's version of perfected humanity AGC could find a way to isolate that perfection to only strength and agility. So far, they haven't been successful and Mr. Gold is slowly starting to loss patience.

I am wondering if making Mr. Gold extreamly patriotic would make him a bit too unpredictable for the Weaver to use.

Comment

AGC probably has no idea about the Garou and the other Fera. But, i can picture a drone telling them about them if they start messing with AGC's corporate interests. I am wondering how may drones AGC has behind the scenes running the company? If they are anything like Shinzui they probably have quite a few working for them.

Comment

Working...
                  X