Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problematic, and difficult to Adjudicate gifts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problematic, and difficult to Adjudicate gifts.

Quite a few new Gifts in W20, thought I'd let us all talk about some of the more difficult to interpret ones.

Liars Face.

All a Ragabash needs to do to send off some troublesome SAD people is tell them

"Theirs interesting, and worthwhile supernatural stuff happening in town, you should investigate more"

The SAD will "know" that the Ragabash is lying. Every member will come to the same conclusion.
    I think an investigator would come out with the questions: But why is he lying? What does he cover? There is no supernatural occurrence here, but how the heck does this guy knows, that we're looking for it?
    ...Why does Murder believe, that there are no UFOs here?..

Sh*t, we're mindf*cked!

By the way, yo wanna a problematic Gift?
    ->Malleable Spirit.
    Last edited by Lachdanan; 05-04-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Liar's Face is easy. The gift doesn't magically make all your problems disappear, it sows confusion. Maybe the pesky humans leave for now... but maybe they have friends or superiors who are convinced that something bad is going down, no matter what the deceived folks say. The gift isn't weak, but it isn't a silver bullet either.

For me, I really dislike the gift Fatal Flaw. If the player rolls good, I have to sit there and come up with like 5 flaws that are potentially exploitable or at least interesting. Fuck that.
      I gave the Shadow Lord Ragabash a fetish sword that deals damage equal to the number of successes rolled with Fatal Flaw. Now he can study the enemy for a round and get a bunch of bonus damage dice, so he is happy, and I am happy because I don't have to come up with situational physical/emotional weaknesses for each and every bane they fight.

Comment

Fatal Flaw is great! Just remind your players, that it works in both ways.

Do it with every exploit... It's hilarious!

Comment

That line on Mulder thinking "theirs no UFO's here" was pretty funny.

sorry SAD is one group I love to hate.

thoughts on headgames? Do you think it will make a prisoner talkative, if you force them to believe they can trust you?

Or "Help" a Difficult cub or young Kinfolk, having trouble with the draconian expectations of Garou society, learn to keep their head down?

or think an apis (Back when they existed) could use it for matchmaking?
          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-05-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            That line on Mulder thinking "theirs no UFO's here" was pretty funny.
            I try to do my best.

sorry SAD is one group I love to hate.
            One of my characters (a changer) was a special Special Consultant for them. It was funny, while it lasted.

thoughts on headgames? Do you think it will make a prisoner talkative, if you force them to believe they can trust you?
            Sure, but you may have to change multiple emotion: Trust / fear / desperation / etc,

Or "Help" a Difficult cub or young Kinfolk, having trouble with the draconian expectations of Garou society, learn to keep their head down?
            Maybe as a temporal solution. Their expectations are (usually) based on a real draconian, strict, harsh, exclusive society, made of blood-mad elitist assholes, whose racial purity ideals would shame Hitler. He would adjust the current (and artificial) feelings back to it's original way.

or think an apis (Back when they existed) could use it for matchmaking?
            I think, in their prime the Apis didn't need such a Gifts for a matchmaking. Even before 100 years a pre-arranged marriage was common and organised without any magical coercion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post

I think, in their prime the Apis didn't need such a Gifts for a matchmaking. Even before 100 years a pre-arranged marriage was common and organised without any magical coercion.
              But pairing for effect does require a bit of mystical insight, since they would often spy out couples with high odds of breeding true, and probably also both couples that were receptive to possibly starting kin lines or having a changer kid (there's a Gift that can allow non-kin humans a rather significant chance at having a changer or kin kid) and same-sex couples that they wished to aid in having kids, since they had a rite to facilitate breeding with no regard for whose parts are what.

Comment

any better gifts, for helping to create a romantic bond?

Is mundane Social skill's paired with persuasion probaly enough in many cases?

Comment

any better gifts, for helping to create a romantic bond?
                  Level 1 Kojin (Homid Kitsune) Gift: Seduction. (Only usable on humans.) I used it to get some immediate gain / to get an easier assassination attempt / get into higher society.

However, I find it much more satisfying - in RP perspective - to play the seduction. I had a Ratkin once, who fell in love into a saved rape-victim. (We found a hell-hole in downtown, what was a slave-market of abducted girls for wealthy patrons. It was a good time to take an AX.) The DM was female, and we were able to explore the pitfalls in a woman's soul.

It was also great to butcher / slaughter / eat / maim / heck / grind / infect everyone who was involved in the girl's abduction.

Vengeance is best served with blood and marrow.

Comment

was thinking on Apis to create a bond between two other people...

Comment

Oh was wondering for a bit, is Protean Form able to facilitate wall or ceiling Climbing?

Oh, if I want a Pentex employee or SAD Agent to become a spy for me, any good gifts beyond Geas, Persuasion, Scent of the Oath Breaker And Pulse of the Prey?
                      Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-20-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

sorry to bump the thread, but had another question on a problematic gift

didnt want to litter the forum with a dozen threads on the issue.

The Mokole Gift, "Recapitulate"

Is their a reason it shouldnt be permanent like "curse of lycanon"

Comment

sorry to bump the thread, but had another question on a problematic gift

didnt want to litter the forum with a dozen threads on the issue.

The Mokole Gift, "Recapitulate"

Is their a reason it shouldnt be permanent like "curse of lycanon"
                          Presumably because it wasn't envisioned that way? It's one of those Mnesis-related miracles that are pretty unique to Mokole and which are somewhat short-lived, or at least, it seems like that in relation to the other things that they can do.

(Also, then you wouldn't be able to mess with people by turning them into pelycosaurs, lobe-finned fish likes, or even agnathan-types and then remembering the experience. Double points if you're facing someone who doesn't think evolution really happened!)

Comment

oh on Recapitulate? what do you think would happen if it was used on the Drachid in a "War of the Dragon Kings" game.

Would it just turn him into a precursor to the dinosaur he's descended from?

Comment

oh on Recapitulate? what do you think would happen if it was used on the Drachid in a "War of the Dragon Kings" game.

Would it just turn him into a precursor to the dinosaur he's descended from?
                              It'd have to be by campaign and ST, because we don't have a uniform, canonical picture on what the evolutionary history of the Kings was.

Comment

Working...
                              X