Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bane(s) of the Enticers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Bane(s) of the Enticers

    Is it written anywhere what kind of Bane needs to possess a human for the human to turn into an Enticer?

  • #2
    Generally, Enticers are born of banes contained in substances given out in contests by Siren Cosmetics. In general, though, most banes that possess people are linked to some variety of negative emotion, so you might get a similar type of fomor from banes of addiction, vanity or the like.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
      Is it written anywhere what kind of Bane needs to possess a human for the human to turn into an Enticer?
      Enticer is likely a catch all phrase for fomori who perform a certain role. There are probably any number of Bane species who could fulfill the role of seed Bane for an enticer, and unless you captured the individual Banes for comparison the Garou might never realize that they weren't carbon copies of each other.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mercurial View Post

        Enticer is likely a catch all phrase for fomori who perform a certain role. There are probably any number of Bane species who could fulfill the role of seed Bane for an enticer, and unless you captured the individual Banes for comparison the Garou might never realize that they weren't carbon copies of each other.
        Actually, the Enticers are a very specific breed of manufactured fomor with common powers and weaknesses. You might get similar powers from other banes, but they will have other weaknesses, and none of them will be an addiction to Siren Cosmetics if they were born "out in the wild" instead of from one of the company's contest winners.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

          Actually, the Enticers are a very specific breed of manufactured fomor with common powers and weaknesses. You might get similar powers from other banes, but they will have other weaknesses, and none of them will be an addiction to Siren Cosmetics if they were born "out in the wild" instead of from one of the company's contest winners.
          Ah, it's been a long time since I read Possesaed or Freak Legion, so I'm rusty on my lore. I thought that Enticer was more of a class of threat that Garou have had to deal with since the very beginning in one form or another than the product of a specific, spiritual poison Pentex created.

          Comment


          • #6
            in book of the wyrm anniversary edition it say's most Enticers are created by Sirens cosmetics, not all, so your not having "bad wrong fun" if you bring one or two up in a historical game before pentex.
            Last edited by Prince of the Night; 10-04-2017, 10:25 PM.


            Comment


            • #7
              Per the question, and as Book of the Wyrm was mentioned, it references 'Banes of insecurity and vanity'.

              Comment

              Working...
              X