Pentex vs Vampires: all-out war

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentex vs Vampires: all-out war

Who will win? Let's assume vampires in Pentex and Sabbat Wyrm-cultists are going to side with Pentex.

First important question since you say all out, are the Antidelluvian's involved in this conflict or they sleeping this out?

Comment

Nothing happens. Really that's it. Vampires try to coopt Pentex, they succeed. It continues being an evil megacorporation and leading tool of the wyrm.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
        First important question since you say all out, are the Antidelluvian's involved in this conflict or they sleeping this out?
        Sleeping out.

Comment

I could it being a case that ragabash could use to aggravte things deciding which side should win a particular battle and maximizing casualtys on both sides.

Comment

My first question would have to be why? Because it very much matters in regards to what their goal is. For the Sabbat, this seemingly has little to nothing to do with their goal. It neither kills Antediluvians nor hurts the Camarilla. Some might be against them as being pseudo-infernalists, technically. As for the Camarilla, it neither strengths the Masquerade in a particular way, nor weakens the Sabbat. As for the Independents like Assamites and Giovanni, it doesn't hit at their ideals either. Setites might view them as agents of an Aeon known as the Wyrm, I guess. They might also see their corruption as a helpful co-op to freeing people from certain bonds when aimed in a way. As for Pentex, Vampires don't really oppose their mission of corruption and profit. It would just cost them money to pursue this sort of thing.

The goals and relevant players are extremely important in determining such a thing. Because if this is just the Camarilla, just the Sabbat, just certain Independents, or all Vampires versus Pentex changes things. To what degree Pentex and Vampires are willing to break the Masquerade as well. I'm leaning towards Vampires, if only because their ability to just try and take over Pentex is a possibility. And while I understand board members, related spirits, BSD's, etc would be considerable contention, I'm not precisely sure how they'd interact with some of them.

Comment

Pentex. And I don't think it'd be close.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                Nothing happens. Really that's it. Vampires try to coopt Pentex, they succeed. It continues being an evil megacorporation and leading tool of the wyrm.

Agreed.

It would be interesting, however, to think what could happen if these vampires tried to purgue "the infernalism" in Pentex. Since pentex it's "a leading tool of the wyrm", if vampires aren't going to change Pentex vile practices, it may as well be that the evil spirits would try to reinsert themselves in power possesing or influencing the vampires and their minions in places of authority. Which would be contrary to the effort of purguing said evil spirits.
                Last edited by Aleph; 10-19-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monalfie View Post
                  My first question would have to be why? Because it very much matters in regards to what their goal is. For the Sabbat, this seemingly has little to nothing to do with their goal. It neither kills Antediluvians nor hurts the Camarilla. Some might be against them as being pseudo-infernalists, technically. As for the Camarilla, it neither strengths the Masquerade in a particular way, nor weakens the Sabbat. As for the Independents like Assamites and Giovanni, it doesn't hit at their ideals either. Setites might view them as agents of an Aeon known as the Wyrm, I guess. They might also see their corruption as a helpful co-op to freeing people from certain bonds when aimed in a way. As for Pentex, Vampires don't really oppose their mission of corruption and profit. It would just cost them money to pursue this sort of thing.

The goals and relevant players are extremely important in determining such a thing. Because if this is just the Camarilla, just the Sabbat, just certain Independents, or all Vampires versus Pentex changes things. To what degree Pentex and Vampires are willing to break the Masquerade as well. I'm leaning towards Vampires, if only because their ability to just try and take over Pentex is a possibility. And while I understand board members, related spirits, BSD's, etc would be considerable contention, I'm not precisely sure how they'd interact with some of them.
                  Camarilla, Sabbat and Independents. And they will not attempt to co-opt Pentex. They will bend their every fiber of being to destroy Pentex, even if that means breaching the Masquerade, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Posthumanity View Post
                    Camarilla, Sabbat and Independents. And they will not attempt to co-opt Pentex. They will bend their every fiber of being to destroy Pentex, even if that means breaching the Masquerade, and vice versa.
                    Not to be rude, but this doesn't ask the question in my very first sentence, why? How follows why in this. These groups both have goals. If they are going to illogical stop pursuing their goals, kind of a different setting altogether.

Also, kind of tying Vampires hands a bit that they can't co-opt and no Antediluvians as well. I'd be more willing to push it back to Vampires if the Camarilla, Sabbat, and Independents are working together. Given the general lack of cooperation being a big issue for Kindred.

Comment

Originally posted by Monalfie View Post
                      Not to be rude, but this doesn't ask the question in my very first sentence, why? How follows why in this. These groups both have goals. If they are going to illogical stop pursuing their goals, kind of a different setting altogether.

Also, kind of tying Vampires hands a bit that they can't co-opt and no Antediluvians as well. I'd be more willing to push it back to Vampires if the Camarilla, Sabbat, and Independents are working together. Given the general lack of cooperation being a big issue for Kindred.
                      I don't think this particular caveat tying Vampires hand at all. Even a single Antediluvian can demolish Pentex. Hands down. And while they will not attempt to co-opt Pentex, they will cooperate to eradicate Pentex from face of the Earth.

And for reason of cooperation between sects...let's assume vampires somehow discover Pentex endgame and step in to prevent it. To preserve their food source and by extension, their own unlife, At any cost.

Comment

I don't think this particular caveat tying Vampires hand at all. Even a single Antediluvian can demolish Pentex. Hands down. And while they will not attempt to co-opt Pentex, they will cooperate to eradicate Pentex from face of the Earth.

And for reason of cooperation between sects...let's assume vampires somehow discover Pentex endgame and step in to prevent it. To preserve their food source and by extension, their own unlife, At any cost.

Pentex's end game is "make money". There is no End game. Wyrm service is immediately beneficial its not about "Someday We'll rule the world" Pentex already has that. The price is to keep making it shittier. They destroy the world by being the worst aspects of humanity given root. Something Kindred may have trouble seeing as an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                          Pentex's end game is "make money". There is no End game. Wyrm service is immediately beneficial its not about "Someday We'll rule the world" Pentex already has that. The price is to keep making it shittier. They destroy the world by being the worst aspects of humanity given root. Something Kindred may have trouble seeing as an issue.
                          Yeah, now I understand - Bloodsuckers ARE the physical manifestation of the worst aspects of humanity.

Comment

Yeah, now I understand - Bloodsuckers ARE the physical manifestation of the worst aspects of humanity.

I wouldn't say that, I would say the Kindred condition is prone to brining out the worst aspects of people. Its hard to say be charitable when you see someone as food on some level for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
                              Agreed.

It would be interesting, however, to think what could happen if these vampires tried to purgue "the infernalism" in Pentex. Since pentex it's "a leading tool of the wyrm", if vampires aren't going to change Pentex vile practices, it may as well be that the evil spirits would try to reinsert themselves in power possesing or influencing the vampires and their minions in places of authority. Which would be contrary to the effort of purguing said evil spirits.
                              That wouldn't work in the bane's favor. As per WTA Possessed only banes of blood and death can control vamps. Otherwise the vamp gets full control, all the banes powers, and the bane gets zip as the vamp isn't even inclined to feed it. Hilarious as the reactions would be, all you'd get are a few pissed of banes with their hands tied and a small group of super-fomori.

Comment

Working...
                              X