Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How a vampire would imprison a Werewolf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    The problem is unless it's a very special silver chain it's totally not going to hold for more than 1 round.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Moirdryd View Post
      The problem is unless it's a very special silver chain it's totally not going to hold for more than 1 round.
      And if you made it by alloying in significant amounts of stronger metal, it's not going to count as silver at all.

      Comment


      • #63
        Depends on how thick it is and if it's tempered, but it probably wouldn't be the first time a ventrue was pasted by relying on silver too much. Functional titanium or polymer restraint to do the work and add decorative silver chains to weaken the wolfy but not hold anything.

        Comment


        • #64
          Also you ideally don't want the Silver in contact with the Garou's flesh at all (some cloth needs to be between metal and skin/fur) or the Garou will be Raging back from Incap and either tearing free or dying within a few minutes of the chains gong on.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Moirdryd View Post
            Also you ideally don't want the Silver in contact with the Garou's flesh at all (some cloth needs to be between metal and skin/fur) or the Garou will be Raging back from Incap and either tearing free or dying within a few minutes of the chains gong on.
            Or, like I said above, just outright lobbing the body part off it if is a limb.

            Something like a carved stone bench would be more useful than silver, as silver is like playing with acid with garou.


            My gallery.

            Comment


            • #66
              Thanks for all the ideas and input.

              I’ve come to the conclusion that my vampire mages:

              -Have heard rumors of Abominations exist, they have never seen a proof of their existence, but the rumor says it’s very difficult to happen (urban legend). Therefore the Vampires are going to keep the garous alive to experiment.

              -The vampires have never heard of the Garous allergy to the vampire blood. I guess vampires usually don’t survive after realizing the Garou is not blood bonded to them…

              -I’m going to allow the PCs to role for their allergy, so it’s unlikely they’ll get blood bounded. Then depending on how the PCs handle the situation we’ll move on. They can pretend they are friendly to the vampires and slay them after getting over their dominate and presence. Or they can remain aggressive and let the vampires try new things like blood transfers once the vampires realize the Garou pock their blood.

              (No Nephando mages XD )

              Comment


              • #67
                How about a Silver dome completely physical means of breaking out and spiritual because tis made from silver. That should effect their Gnosis if they still use that rule. You may need cameras, some far fetched means of keeping them fed.


                Comment


                • #68
                  An angry garou will rip through that in seconds and take maybe a couple of agg levels for their trouble, Or they will use the reflection in silver to step sideways and leave that way.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Moirdryd View Post
                    An angry garou will rip through that in seconds and take maybe a couple of agg levels for their trouble, Or they will use the reflection in silver to step sideways and leave that way.

                    tarnished silver(still works) and you use steel to reinforce the dome itself.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by kewlimp View Post


                      tarnished silver(still works) and you use steel to reinforce the dome itself.
                      Composite construction disrupts the spiritual effect that you're going for, probably even if it isn't alloyed, because you intend for a dome to do something, and if it is not completely silver, better luck next time. Also, it feels like you'd need to clean tarnish off of a silver object before the spirit decides to give any more fucks about doing anything.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

                        Composite construction disrupts the spiritual effect that you're going for, probably even if it isn't alloyed, because you intend for a dome to do something, and if it is not completely silver, better luck next time. Also, it feels like you'd need to clean tarnish off of a silver object before the spirit decides to give any more fucks about doing anything.
                        Its wouldn't be an alloy by any real means. Maybe I misphrased. Its a second dome on the outside of the first silver dome. To cover the silver thing, I haven't read anywhere that states it must be clean, polished silver. Just silver. I don't remember reading about alloys either but that sounds right and I like to take people's word on things like that.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by kewlimp View Post

                          Its wouldn't be an alloy by any real means.
                          I know (in case my own post wasn't clear about that, I did completely understand what you were talking about). Alloying is just one way that you can make spirits upset. Positioning different metals around each other probably doesn't make them happy as far as the construction of the dome as a single thing goes. Also, how would you plan to go about bonding said pieces of the dome together? Because you can't just stick the two things together.

                          Lastly, you have to consider that steel reinforcement won't stop the Garou from tearing through it. What is this child of iron but more material for a werewolf to shear and bash through, a wild force of nature that cannot be stopped?

                          Maybe I misphrased. Its a second dome on the outside of the first silver dome. To cover the silver thing, I haven't read anywhere that states it must be clean, polished silver. Just silver.
                          Tarnish is a layer of a silver compound over silver. This is roughly as effective as silver nitrate or silver chloride at causing aggravated damage to werewolves, which is to say, not at all. It's probably remedied more easily than other chemical processes, since it just involves some quick chemical scrubbing to get it off, but until you do this, it would likely be ineffective.

                          I don't remember reading about alloys either but that sounds right and I like to take people's word on things like that.
                          There's a discussion of that in W20 where it describes the effects of silver. When you go below 90-ish percent purity, it stops counting as silver by the way spirits judge things.
                          Last edited by Saur Ops Specialist; 11-14-2017, 10:48 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Question: is everyone here absolutely sure that silver manacles are going to break under the Garou's transformation?
                            Because as he changes form his body stops offering any kind of resistance to silver and it still would make sense to me if as the wrists get bigger the handcuffs simply stays where they are, cutting the meat as it grows and biting into the bone. The hands are going to be unusable that way (no tendrils), the damage is not easily regenerable and it's even worse if the chain was tying the neck. That is also not going to free the Garou from whatever thing he's chained to, so by morphing he's basically going to just harm himself.

                            Is there any RAW on this thing?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Though I do not recall if there were any ever rules published BSDs do have a Fetish/Talen silver cuff restraint that inhibits the ability to shift shape. This would suggest that regular silver while painful and dangerous just isn't put the task. Iirc there is also a story in one of the books where the antagonists go "Those restraints are silver so don't even think about shifting" and a few moments later the bound Garou takes some nasty wounds in the process of shifting and ripping himself free.

                              Typically the wounds done by silver don't change in type compared to what they'd be if inflicted by a none silver object they're just harder to heal, hurt a ton more and are more catastrophic as the Garou cannot soak them. A silver blade does to Garou flesh what a steel one does to a regular humans, a silver club will break bones and rupture muscles upon a Garou with consummate ease compared to that which a wooden one would break a humans (and that's still nasty in and of itself) but nothing in turn prevents the silver object from suffering damage in its own right (there's a discussion on this in a dark ages book I think in regards to silver weapons) and there's nothing to suggest that the silver gains any additional integrity.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

                                I know (in case my own post wasn't clear about that, I did completely understand what you were talking about). Alloying is just one way that you can make spirits upset. Positioning different metals around each other probably doesn't make them happy as far as the construction of the dome as a single thing goes. Also, how would you plan to go about bonding said pieces of the dome together? Because you can't just stick the two things together.

                                Lastly, you have to consider that steel reinforcement won't stop the Garou from tearing through it. What is this child of iron but more material for a werewolf to shear and bash through, a wild force of nature that cannot be stopped?
                                For this part. It doesn't have to be bonded together. Making up numbers here, a 9 foot cage of silver and outside that a 9 foot and an inch steel cage. The steel is a buffing, in crinos, its flesh will be pressed up against a lot of silver. Now Rips Your Faceoff has to make a choice: take the damage while ripping through the steel or find another way out.


                                Tarnish is a layer of a silver compound over silver. This is roughly as effective as silver nitrate or silver chloride at causing aggravated damage to werewolves, which is to say, not at all. It's probably remedied more easily than other chemical processes, since it just involves some quick chemical scrubbing to get it off, but until you do this, it would likely be ineffective.



                                There's a discussion of that in W20 where it describes the effects of silver. When you go below 90-ish percent purity, it stops counting as silver by the way spirits judge things.
                                Maybe tarnished isn't the right word. What I meant by tarnished is unpolished, I forget if I clarified that. Its still pure silver, its just not reflective.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X