Changing Ways thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you draw the line though?

The Metis Deformity is basically a Flaw they don't get points for, and can't get rid of. What is a Deformity that makes more sense as a Deformity than as a general Flaw?

I guess I just don't see the issue. Unless we're talking about dumping all sample Deformities and just saying, "Go to the Flaws and find something that fits," there's no way to make a clear line between what should and what shouldn't be a sample one.

Comment

• That's the deforminity you find a problem with and not the "anime hair colour" one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        Where do you draw the line though?

The Metis Deformity is basically a Flaw they don't get points for, and can't get rid of. What is a Deformity that makes more sense as a Deformity than as a general Flaw?

I guess I just don't see the issue. Unless we're talking about dumping all sample Deformities and just saying, "Go to the Flaws and find something that fits," there's no way to make a clear line between what should and what shouldn't be a sample one.
        Originally posted by Lian View Post
        That's the deforminity you find a problem with and not the "anime hair colour" one?

Let's see... Totem discouraged, harder to enter the umbra EXECPT from Wyrmy places, Banes like the metis and other spirits don't.

Basically, if it was a cursed flaw, this would work. But as a metis deformity, it puts the all ready in poor standing garou to basically be killed as wyrmspawn pretty quickly.

As for the anime hair colour one, well, I've used it myself a couple of times. https://ana-mizuki.deviantart.com/ar...-2-0-462558428

My gallery.

Comment

• That doesn't really address the question though. Plenty of possible deformities could make a Metis' life even worse due to social stigma. Bat ears, for example, are far less punishing, but frequently seen as a sign of Wyrm affiliation due to certain BSD favored Gifts... but that's a simple physical deformity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            That doesn't really address the question though. Plenty of possible deformities could make a Metis' life even worse due to social stigma. Bat ears, for example, are far less punishing, but frequently seen as a sign of Wyrm affiliation due to certain BSD favored Gifts... but that's a simple physical deformity.
            Apologies, minus the Nervous Transformation, all other Changing Ways and W20 corebook deformities are fine as deformities to me. There is not an instant 'this garou is wyrmy' proof even in bat ears, they just look BSD-like. This deformity makes things painfully clear that this garou is tainted, if not Tainted.

Ones that work better as deformities than flaws would be the physical deformities, like horns, third eye, hooves, serpent tongue and such. Ones that showcase something went amiss in the metis fetus' development. On non-metis, these are marks of a forced mutation, like with BSDs.

Spiritual Deformity, to me, better as a Curse. It is thematic and limiting enough to have real bite, if earned. But a metis doesn't -earn- a curse, their spirit/human/wolf body just goes wrong in some way. To have that deformity, they should have been utterly tainted in the womb to be that bad off.

My gallery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
              Well, to get this thread back to its original topic, I think we all can agree that Furies and Talons won't do the homid-male-forcing.
              Wait, what do you mean by Homid-male? Human male kinfolks or Human Garou males?

Comment

• Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post

Wait, what do you mean by Homid-male? Human male kinfolks or Human Garou males?
                Male homid garou. As in, Furies force their (non-existent) male homids to mate with their lupus kinfolk. Red Talons meanwhile kidnap and force homid males to mate with THEIR lupus kinfolk.

My gallery.

Comment

Male homid garou. As in, Furies force their (non-existent) male homids to mate with their lupus kinfolk. Red Talons meanwhile kidnap and force homid males to mate with THEIR lupus kinfolk.
                  Wow thats.....dumb at so many levels.

Comment

Let's see... Totem discouraged, harder to enter the umbra EXECPT from Wyrmy places, Banes like the metis and other spirits don't.

Basically, if it was a cursed flaw, this would work. But as a metis deformity, it puts the all ready in poor standing garou to basically be killed as wyrmspawn pretty quickly.

As for the anime hair colour one, well, I've used it myself a couple of times. https://ana-mizuki.deviantart.com/ar...-2-0-462558428

Yes, one is an actual deformity. Like Blindness, or no fur. The other is "my character as blue hair" If I am ok with Anime hair in game not ruining the mood then.. I'm probably going to be ok with some Homid or Lupus having blue hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lian View Post

Yes, one is an actual deformity. Like Blindness, or no fur. The other is "my character as blue hair" If I am ok with Anime hair in game not ruining the mood then.. I'm probably going to be ok with some Homid or Lupus having blue hair.
                      There is beastial reflection, barred forms, birthmarks' spiritual part, deformity can be spiritual. If you look at my character, he looks clearly unnatural and wrong. Plus, usually it is combined with other deformities, such as needle-teeth with Gore Singer there.

My gallery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                        Wilson has confirmed it so, just maybe, next time you wanna teach your grandma to suck eggs remember she's been doing this longer than you.
                        This is a bit of a late mod post on this, but please keep the discussion civil. Being wrong is allowed, being a jerk about believing someone else is wrong is not.
                        Originally posted by Rule 1: Respect other people
                        Don’t personally attack other users, members of their gaming groups, and so on. Also, don’t attack groups of people. That means avoiding racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic and similar insults. Racial, sexual, and other slurs, as well as misgendering, count as insults. Please also avoid broad declarations that attack a group of people to get around making a “personal” attack. Like all rules, this rule applies equally to people working for Onyx Path, White Wolf, Paradox, and CCP.
                        Originally posted by Rule 2: Respect the conversation
                        Don’t try to incite others to break the rules, or distract from the subject at hand. This includes threadcrapping, the posting of short messages or images which add nothing to a thread and serve only to express a user’s displeasure with it.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                        Read the rules

This is my mod voice.
                        This is not my mod voice.

Comment

There is beastial reflection, barred forms, birthmarks' spiritual part, deformity can be spiritual. If you look at my character, he looks clearly unnatural and wrong. Plus, usually it is combined with other deformities, such as needle-teeth with Gore Singer there.

I'd count Beastial Reflection, Barred form, Birth marks etc as deformities. I wouldn't count "My hair is cool anime character looking". Even you don't feel its enough since you add in Needle Teeth.

Comment

I'd count Beastial Reflection, Barred form, Birth marks etc as deformities. I wouldn't count "My hair is cool anime character looking". Even you don't feel its enough since you add in Needle Teeth.
                            Alone,no, it is not enough. But that is why I doubt many STs would let you just coast on by with it. The point is that it is clearly unnatural and strange and mayybe veil breachy. Yeah, it looks like anime hair, but its anime hair in a semi-realistic world, where that stuff isn't as accepted. Especially when it comes to lupus/hispo/crinos.

My gallery.

Comment

Alone,no, it is not enough. But that is why I doubt many STs would let you just coast on by with it.
                              The book in no way treats it as something that isn't acceptable by itself.

The point is that it is clearly unnatural and strange and mayybe veil breachy. Yeah, it looks like anime hair, but its anime hair in a semi-realistic world, where that stuff isn't as accepted. Especially when it comes to lupus/hispo/crinos.

If someone sees you in Hispo/crinos that's a Veil breach period. Even lupus in alot of areas could be veil breach. Hell there's some purebreed writeups that are about as bad on the "no wolf looks like this"

But here's the really big thing, "some people have blue hair" changes the whole damned tone of the game. THere's a reason I'm calling out as "anime hair" if I as a player see people with blue hair in a game I'm not thing "oh woah is their deformity, how hard their life must be" vs... "Ok we're going anime/cyberpunk"

Comment

But here's the really big thing, "some people have blue hair" changes the whole damned tone of the game. THere's a reason I'm calling out as "anime hair" if I as a player see people with blue hair in a game I'm not thing "oh woah is their deformity, how hard their life must be" vs... "Ok we're going anime/cyberpunk"
                                Aah, I get your point here. Sorry, I misunderstood (and didn't notice the blue hair thing).

My gallery.

Comment

Working...
                                X