Caerns in England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caerns in England

I kind of took it for granted because most of my Werewolf games wound up taking place in North America or in the Amazon. So when I went to look around for caerns in England I wound up getting stumped. I know of the BSD hive in Scotland that used to be the White Howlers one but could anyone point me in the right direction of any Gaian caerns in England (not the UK just England) and the book I could find them in? I tried doing some web searches via Google and came up with the Guide to Caerns but that doesn't have what I'm looking for

Lost Tribes Gaming:
    Cyberpunk 2020 Phoenix:1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month 6pm to 9pm AZ time (-7GMT)
    http://www.twitch.tv/losttribesgaming.

I don't immediately know of any famous British caerns, although I would not be surprised if there was a one off sentence or the like mentioning such a caern... of course, such a brief entry wound't be of much use.

Does it have to be one from the sourcebooks? Why don't you design your own to fit your character/chronicle's specific needs?

Comment

It doesn't but I prefer to stick to canon whenever possible. Making one up wouldn't be a problem though

Lost Tribes Gaming:
      Cyberpunk 2020 Phoenix:1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month 6pm to 9pm AZ time (-7GMT)

Comment

Doing some research for a future chronicle set in Roman Britain right now, which entails reading the (Revised) Fianna tribebook cover-to-cover, hah.

On pg. 56 it notes that there is at least one well-hidden urban caern in London itself, its location hidden to outsiders "after a nasty fight with a leech some years back". If I had to guess, I'd say that sept would be a mix of Fianna, Get, Gnawers, and Glass Walkers, since many septs in large cities are multitribal. The very next paragraph notes that the Midlands are largely Wyrm-corrupted, and a mixed Fianna/Get force has been working to try and cleanse Wyrm pits there, etc. That makes it a decent spot for a hidden caern, perhaps, or a fallen one that could be reclaimed?

There's some stuff on the rest of the UK, but that's all I can recall for England specifically

Comment

and that came from the Fianna tribebook? Good I have that one and I'll check it out.

Lost Tribes Gaming:

Comment

If you don't mind extrapolating Dark Ages: British Isles covers, amongst other, Werewlves in Britain during the Dark Ages. It might help with old Caern, or possibly set you up with a few lost/dormant Caern to exploit.

Project consolidation:
            Rough Draft: Dhole Shifters, Ottawa By Night, Tribebook Bunyip, Garou Variant
            In redaction: Lasombra Bloodline

Comment

I believe I have that in my collection too for I didn't recall werewolves being mentioned much in that regard. But yeah I'm all for extrapolating.

Lost Tribes Gaming:

Comment

Werewolf: the Dark Ages (1999) gives some ideas of some septs in Great Britain. What's survived to the modern day would be up to you. Below are major bullet points of the situation in 1197 from a very quick reread.
                • Get of Fenris (from both Saxon and Nordic stock) hold more English caerns than any other tribe (England here being distinct from Wales or Scotland)
                • Get of Fenris freely hunt in the moors of Northumbria
                • Fianna hold caerns in the southwest (Cornwall)
                • Get and Fianna are mixed in the Midlands
                • The Warders (Glass Walkers) have a small sept in London and hope to build another in York
                • Silbury Hill was once home to a caern of Enigmas held by Fianna, but now controlled by Fae. Fianna and Silver Fangs intend to retake the caern.
                • In Scotland, the Fianna rule the Highlands while the Get control the islands off coast and the lowlands.
                • Scottish Highland caerns have many that are of Strength and Stamina
                • There is a mixed sept of Fianna and Get at Fir Chreig in the Western Islands
                • Wales is mainly in control of the Fianna
                • Mount Snowden has a caern controlled by the Fianna at the mountain top. Caves below lead to various faerie realms.
                The points are mainly general, but as you can see there are several specific caerns listed.

Comment

Black Fox this is excellent thank you. TY to everyone who helped.

Lost Tribes Gaming:

Comment

Although it is only referenced in a couple of novels and not in any of the game books (so no stats), The Old City Sept is a Glass Walker caern (with a handful of Fianna and Children of Gaia thrown in) in London. It's in the Finsbury area off of Old Street. It has been at the site since Roman times, and still retains the thick stone walls the Glass Walkers added sometime in the Middle Ages. It takes up an entire city block, but remains low-profile as the Glass Walkers have covered the entire edifice with facades which make it appear to be merely a collection of unrelated buildings all jammed together. One of these facades purports to be a warehouse and another a small financial institution (which actually is a financial company which the Glass Walkers use to fund the Sept's day to day operations). This sept is the home sept of Julia Spencer of the Silver River Pack.

EDIT:
                    ‚ÄčAnd actually, now that I'm thinking of it, it is hinted in Hunter: the Moonstruck that a (possibly Fianna) caern exists somewhere between Ipswich and Lowestoft, possibly in the forests outside of Thetford. This sept comes to the attention of the Hunters due to an ongoing conflict with a nuclear power station on the coast.
                    Last edited by Uniform Two Six; 01-06-2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X