Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... Who likes Abominations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So... Who likes Abominations?

    Obviously no one. They're all bad. Unless you're a storyteller. My problem is I'm trying to throw one into my chronicle, but I can't seem to find any way of gauging how strong one should be, or any rules for making one up. Is there a book dedicated to them somewhere? Maybe a Pentex or Spiral Dancer book that would have details? Any help is appreciated

  • #2
    V20 Black hand Guide to the Tal Mahe Ra has the updated rules for them (they took a beating compared to earlier versions if you stick with this as the official V20/W20 rules)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
      V20 Black hand Guide to the Tal Mahe Ra has the updated rules for them (they took a beating compared to earlier versions if you stick with this as the official V20/W20 rules)
      A warning though that the V20 Black Hand version is told strictly through the rules of VtM with mechanics for shapeshifting and stepping sideways. W20 Changing Breeds has the Werewolf based rules for Abominations Garou and Fera.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
        V20 Black hand Guide to the Tal Mahe Ra has the updated rules for them (they took a beating compared to earlier versions if you stick with this as the official V20/W20 rules)
        Thank you so much, this is exactly what I wanted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cynic01 View Post

          A warning though that the V20 Black Hand version is told strictly through the rules of VtM with mechanics for shapeshifting and stepping sideways. W20 Changing Breeds has the Werewolf based rules for Abominations Garou and Fera.
          The game is technically VtM anyway, so I might as well keep things similar

          Comment


          • #6
            CB20 only explains what happens with the embrace but it doesn't explain how to RUN the character. it doesn't explain anything past the embrace. It doesn't explain how regeneration, soak, disciplines, weaknesses or anything is ruled. CB20 only cover "can it be embraced, and what happens with attempts?", not "after said embrace" aside from the ones who die right after or shortly after (i.e. Mokole, Nuwisha, Ratkin, Kitsune, Bastet) unless I missed that some where.
            Last edited by CeltSPZ; 01-10-2018, 01:09 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
              CB20 only explains what happens with the embrace but it doesn't explain how to RUN the character. it doesn't explain anything past the embrace. It doesn't explain how regeneration, soak, disciplines, weaknesses or anything is ruled. CB20 only cover "can it be embraced, and what happens with attempts?", not "after said embrace" aside from the ones who die right after or shortly after (i.e. Mokole, Nuwisha, Ratkin, Kitsune, Bastet) unless I missed that some where.
              It states that it cannot regenerate without spending Blood Points, beyond that I would assume that soaking damage remains the same as regular Garou. It cannot use non Wyrmish Rites and only Banes will teach it further gifts. Gnosis functions as humanity and breaking the Litany can cause its loss. Unless they offer themselves to the Wyrm at less than 7 Gnosis they exist in permanent Harano. When its Gnosis is completely gone it is described as a feral beast that can no longer step sideways or use any Gifts or fetishes(which would make sense because at 0 Humanity a vampire plunges into Wassail and becomes a wight). A Garou with a Gnosis of 7+ could, as long as it followed the Litany, continue to exist the toughest part being the stricture against eating the flesh of humans, though it could be argued that drinking the blood is not flesh and the human is otherwise unharmed by the act. It would depend on how harsh or easy the ST wanted to be on the matter based on the story they want to tell.

              Since it does not specify, and it did on a number of other things, other vampiric advantages remain unchanged so it gains Generation, Blood Pool, and Disciplines as appropriate to its clan (excepting that it cannot spend Blood Points the same turn it spends Rage or Gnosis).

              Comment


              • #8
                I like doing terrible, terrible things to them, does that count?


                Comment


                • #9
                  I always thought it would be cool to have a small group of Abominations begin to group together, working towards trying to creat their own Sept and eventually a tribe seeking either redemption and/or a different way to serve Gaia, even as outcasts.

                  Perhaps a form of Vampiric Golconda might be the answer, or something else along those lines. Not sure if it would even be possible, but if so, if so, incredibly rare and difficult. How would other Garou treat them if they ever found out they had once been a Leech? Do they stay with the Sept, showing others it's possible, or be driven out, no longer being one of them?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cynic01 View Post

                    It states that it cannot regenerate without spending Blood Points, beyond that I would assume that soaking damage remains the same as regular Garou. It cannot use non Wyrmish Rites and only Banes will teach it further gifts. Gnosis functions as humanity and breaking the Litany can cause its loss. Unless they offer themselves to the Wyrm at less than 7 Gnosis they exist in permanent Harano. When its Gnosis is completely gone it is described as a feral beast that can no longer step sideways or use any Gifts or fetishes(which would make sense because at 0 Humanity a vampire plunges into Wassail and becomes a wight). A Garou with a Gnosis of 7+ could, as long as it followed the Litany, continue to exist the toughest part being the stricture against eating the flesh of humans, though it could be argued that drinking the blood is not flesh and the human is otherwise unharmed by the act. It would depend on how harsh or easy the ST wanted to be on the matter based on the story they want to tell.

                    Since it does not specify, and it did on a number of other things, other vampiric advantages remain unchanged so it gains Generation, Blood Pool, and Disciplines as appropriate to its clan (excepting that it cannot spend Blood Points the same turn it spends Rage or Gnosis).
                    ......how did I miss that section over and over?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PeanutGodApollo View Post
                      Obviously no one. They're all bad. Unless you're a storyteller. My problem is I'm trying to throw one into my chronicle, but I can't seem to find any way of gauging how strong one should be, or any rules for making one up. Is there a book dedicated to them somewhere? Maybe a Pentex or Spiral Dancer book that would have details? Any help is appreciated
                      While I wouldn't want to play one, I mean Harano am I right, I find they have great NPC potential. Both the desperate struggling Abomination that is doomed but still has scraps of its life to loose, and the Abomination that fell to the Maeljin. Because if an Abomination succumbs to the Wyrm fully they don't degenerate anymore, they become like a Tool or a Weapon of the Apocalypse. It therefore gains the same apocryphal story potential to me as beings like the First Ronin, Night Master, or even Lilith or Caine.

                      Powerwise I judge them mostly based on how mighty they were before Embrace combined with age as a secondary factor. Garou become heroes in a mortal lifetime. Some become 6th rank Legends who in a human lifetime have achieved feats like slaying Methuselahs or Apocalypse Monsters, or thwarting Archmages. So a Rank 2 Werewolf becoming an Abomination, they may stagger and struggle and not really become strong, or they may become strong like a vampire over decades. But if you Embrace an Elder Werewolf, then they are very colored by their vast experience and access to a panoply of an Elders Gifts combined with new Discipline access. Vampire powers for instance are often more efficient at doing certain things, like enslaving humans with Dominate and Presence, and Werewolf gifts doe crazy things that Vampires need to be Elder or Methuselahs for like summoning natural disasters, or nullifying magic, or summoning a T-rex.


                      It is a time for great deeds!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X