Can we share our fetish designs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we share our fetish designs?

One thing that has me a bit annoyed when researching Werewolf is the lack of resources such as practical examples( official or homebrew) if you compare it with to other rgps. And when they exist they are scattered in a thousand different rule books, making the task of collecting examples a tedious and expensive experience.

So, why don't we share some of our own homebrew fetishes so others can copy be inspired when making their own.

In my case I am still doubting with the final touches on these ones so every piece of feedback is appreciated.

This one I introduced with the idea of giving my homid theurgue a risky boost in combat from time to time, although my ragabash is trying to claim it too...
    Moonlight rage pendant
    Level ¿2?
    Gnosis 6/7

Made of nacre or any material that resembles the moon (there are rumors of some version of this fetish made out of silver) and imbued with a Lune or Rage spirit.
    For each success you gain a point of temporal rage and decreases the difficulty of frenzy rolls by 1 for that scene.
    Only usable once per day.
    It needs to be bathe in the light of an (almost) full moon for several hours once every moon cycle.

This one is in possession of a friendly NPC, but I know the law of rpgs that once a magic item is in the world your players are going to try and have it .
    Practice sword
    Level ¿4?
    Gnosis 7

Usually this fetish looks like a practice sword made out of wood, bamboo or even plastic, which may draw some attention but is legal to carry in most places, once it is activated the sword becomes a sharp silver weapon.
    Deals normal silver damage.
    Bound with a war or smuggler-like spirit(raccoon?).

My thoughts on this one is that the spirit makes the transformation and helps making a silver sword a viable weapon but it lacks the agg-to-all damage of the typical Klaive. Would you consider this a Klaive?

Interesting stuff.

The rage pendant seems pretty straightforward.

The practice sword seems... ignominious. One of the elements of a klaive is the status it brings: the bearer is openly carrying a weapon that is made for battling and killing other werewolves. That is not to be taken lightly. The practice sword, on the other hand, seems like an assassination tool. Useful, of course, but not something that would accord honor to its owner. I could see Glasswalkers or maybe a particularly well-off Gnawer using this sort of weapon, but I doubt the other tribes would think much of such a fetish, and certainly not call it a klaive (even though it could serve a similar purpose).

Comment

Ever since the First Edition of Werewolf, there have been a lot descriptions about how Glass Walkers have "Potent Techno-Fetishes" that often make them Cyborg Wolves, and yet not that actual many of them.

So Here's One inspired by the 1984 Classic "The Terminator", with a VERY nasty and ironic side effect.

Cyber-Shades/Terminator Shades

Resembling a pair of "Gargoyle Brand Sunglasses" used to cover the fleshless mechanical eye of the titular monster from "The Terminator", this fetish possesses a tiny switch on the side (yes, I'm an unapologetic Dragonball Z fan) that when pressed, allows its wearer to see into the following spectrums:

Infared (All red, just like The Terminator)

Ultraviolet (Think Predator)

Data (Think "Neo Vision" in the end of the First Matrix)

Electric Current (you can see ALL the electrcity and electric spirits moving around you as flowing streams of lightning)

Sonar (As above but as Bat-Perception like waves of sound)

Spirit Fire (Much like the "Scouters" used by Freeza's men in Dragonball Z, you can guage how powerful a foe is by how intense his Spirit Fire Burns, but measured in "Battle Points" because the Glass Walker who designed this fetish is ALSO a Dragonball Z fan )

And Normal Spectrum

It costs One Gnosis Per-Scene to see through this pair of spirit powered shades: So long as you wear it. And it even grants Metis Wearers who are born blind the ability to see as well, making it a popular Fetish among them.

HOWEVER.....

Prolonged absorbtion of the weaver energy coursing through it without regular breaks will eventually make your REAL eyes resemble the demonic red glowing mechanical glass eyes of Arnold's most beloved role (haven't decided how long it will take) and it takes a WHOLE lunar cycle for your eyes to fade back into flesh again.

How's that for a Cyberpunk inspired "Techno Fetish"?

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post
        Interesting stuff.
        I could see Glasswalkers or maybe a particularly well-off Gnawer using this sort of weapon, but I doubt the other tribes would think much of such a fetish, and certainly not call it a klaive (even though it could serve a similar purpose).
        Perfect, it is actually owned by a Gnawer and wanted it NOT to be considered a klaive but wasn't sure.

And Lin Liren I really like the idea, "paradox" effect included.

Comment

Originally posted by Hares666 View Post
          My thoughts on this one is that the spirit makes the transformation and helps making a silver sword a viable weapon but it lacks the agg-to-all damage of the typical Klaive. Would you consider this a Klaive?
          The usual effect of war spirits is to cause aggravate damage, to inflict silver damage you usually bind a silver spirit (the weapon does bashing or lethal damage as normal, but counts as aggravate silver damage against shapeshifters). The klaives are made of silver and bound with a war spirit, that's why they deal aggravate to everything - and why I wouldn't consider this a Klaive (as many other Garou weapons aren't klaives: the d'siah, the labrys, etc).

If you want it to change material I'd say that a smuggler spirit is better. Maybe creating this sword requires to build both the silver and the bamboo version of the weapon for the spirit to swap them out?

Comment

Working...
          X